ADVERTISEMENT

What is one charitable act that you've done to help others during this Coronavirus pandemic?

Don't worry about it, shithead, my money is all accounted for.
source.gif

Reading through this makes me realize I should do more. Good work here by the board. Reinforces the impressions I’ve made of the members here.

I haven’t done much other try to support businesses as much as I can. Getting takeout, over tipping, etc. Little things like thanking clerks at the market. Continuing to pay for a gym membership that I can’t use. Hopefully that helps them pay the bills.

I need to step up my game.

Reading through this makes me realize I should do more. Good work here by the board. Reinforces the impressions I’ve made of the members here.

I haven’t done much other try to support businesses as much as I can. Getting takeout, over tipping, etc. Little things like thanking clerks at the market. Continuing to pay for a gym membership that I can’t use. Hopefully that helps them pay the bills.

I need to step up my game.

I think we all can step up our game a little. That’s why I thought this was a great thread by ChiTown. It’s a perfect way to compare notes and maybe pick up a few ideas from other posters that we hadn’t considered before.

If everyone picked 1 additional act that they liked in the list and added it to what they are currently doing, it could really make a big difference.

I gave $500 to someone in Wuhan who lost two family members and was in dire shape financially. I had hoped to give $500 to a needy student in Nanchang, but the professor that I know there didn't think it was a good idea, most probably because tuition is very low at Chinese universities.

I had offered help to the family of my deceased wife in Wuhan, but they said they didn't need it. I expect that there are one or two people that could use the help but they are too proud to take it. Once they hear of me giving to strangers, they will probably accept it.

I really can’t figure out if this counts. My plumber friend just went Back to work. He is fixing the local YMCA pool and needed to dive. He wanted to borrow my dive stuff. I knew he didn’t dive so I volunteered. Not a hard job, but the water is 62. Which is cold. Any way first part of
The job is done.
The local cheap diver would charge $250 minimum. Right now I m working for beer.

I really can’t figure out if this counts. My plumber friend just went Back to work. He is fixing the local YMCA pool and needed to dive. He wanted to borrow my dive stuff. I knew he didn’t dive so I volunteered. Not a hard job, but the water is 62. Which is cold. Any way first part of
The job is done.
The local cheap diver would charge $250 minimum. Right now I m working for beer.
It counts, but why did he need to dive? To clean out the filters?

It counts, but why did he need to dive? To clean out the filters?
There’s a leak in a pipe outside the pool. Instead of draining the pool, we had to plug in the drain pipe to keep the water in the pool Plug in place so they can fix whatever. Waiting on parts to reverse the process
I did find a wedding ring in the filter so there’s that. If I wear a size 8? Ring. This is at least a 20. Refrigerator Perry size

Reactions: BrucePa and LionJim
I bought some N95 masks from amazon in February as a precaution. I'm required to wear a mask in my Publix. You're saying I'm selfish if I wear one, and it's a bad reflection on me? Anything else of mine you want me to give away?
Yes, that is what I'm saying.

Mathew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

It's not too late Art to start thinking about the after life. You can give your money to me, I don't think too much about tomorrow, much less eternity.
There is no God. Stop wasting your time.

The job is done.

Shrinkage issues? Be careful when you first step out of the pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo72
This is going to sound weird, but I sent packets of yeast to a friend in State College, because she could not find them any anywhere. My local Shop Rite had 2 packets, so I bought them and sent them to her in the mail yesterday. She makes breads and such for her elderly parents who live somewhere west of Pine Grove Mills, so I was happy to send them to her.

I guess we are now a country of bread bakers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT