ADVERTISEMENT

What has Allar done to be the undoubted starter?

Yes, the fallout from the BOT will be a permanent stain..but come on Obli, it has been 13 years. How much longer will JF get a pass from that standpoint in your eyes b/c of the BOT stuff? When the rubber meets the road, in these close games, when PSU constantly fails to make the big catch, or tackle or block...it has absolute zero to do with the fallout or lack of program 'buy-in'. At that point, it is about players making plays, and at a more grass roots level, player development and accountability by the coaches, staff, etc. Our problems are not solely ours....we aren't the only major program that has NIL concerns.
Forever.

The program was materially damaged for ten years. Both in terms of recruiting sanctions and revenue. don't forget, kids recruited in year one are RS seniors six years later. So a sanction in 2012 resulted in a diluted roster in 2018. On top of that, is the indirect damage. Can you imagine a tour of the Lasch Bulding "and if you look to your right, this is Mike McQueary's famous locker and to your left is the shower where JS allegedly butt-raped juvenile boys. Continuing on, let's go to Haluba Hall....." The ongoing indirect damage is immeasurable.

So a dip in performance is expected for ten years, and I feel that what O'B and CJF did was nearly miraculous. But now, ten years after JS, the kids we are recruiting today only know PSU as the team that is good but not great. And with the geography of the university, is hamstrung with NIL.

So given all we've been through, I am surprised we are the 3rd best team in the B1G. But we've been there for three years. So we should be able to move up. Having said that, we now contend with Washington, Oregon and USC so its kind of a complete reset.

Forever.

The program was materially damaged for ten years. Both in terms of recruiting sanctions and revenue. don't forget, kids recruited in year one are RS seniors six years later. So a sanction in 2012 resulted in a diluted roster in 2018. On top of that, is the indirect damage. Can you imagine a tour of the Lasch Bulding "and if you look to your right, this is Mike McQueary's famous locker and to your left is the shower where JS allegedly butt-raped juvenile boys. Continuing on, let's go to Haluba Hall....." The ongoing indirect damage is immeasurable.

So a dip in performance is expected for ten years, and I feel that what O'B and CJF did was nearly miraculous. But now, ten years after JS, the kids we are recruiting today only know PSU as the team that is good but not great. And with the geography of the university, is hamstrung with NIL.

So given all we've been through, I am surprised we are the 3rd best team in the B1G. But we've been there for three years. So we should be able to move up. Having said that, we now contend with Washington, Oregon and USC so its kind of a complete reset.
I appreciate the convo...thx for keeping it respectful. I am totally on the other side of your points, but that is what these boards are for.

Reactions: Obliviax
cool..yeah my head is in the sand. What are you talking about? Look at blue blood attendance all across the home games at PSU, OSU, Michigan, Bama, heck even Nebraska. CFB isn't a six month, daily sport. Despite NIL and the game changing drastically, probably not for the better, the sport still brings out more passion for a fans respective alma mater because it happens a few times a year. No doubt, that Peach Bowl fiasco was terrible -- from the optics of another bad performance to the misleading of fans about the core players actually playing. But bowl games aren't regular season, which is what I'm referring to. I guess I'm a chump too.
As I said, I don’t attend PSU games any more but when I watch them play on TV there are plenty of empty seats. Sure when they play Ohio State or Michigan it’s exciting. Delaware and UMass not so much. I don’t know how much passion will be sustainable for mercenary football players who come and go according to how much they get paid.

Reactions: scrivener
Heavy hitter donors are a niche not the general fandom that you are talking about. I was a Penn State football season ticket holder from the time I stepped on campus until they fired Joe. If you think what you’re paying is worth what you’re getting that’s fine. Personally I feel they’re ripping you off. I suspect there’s more people who feel like me than feel like you. As I said, I don’t like the trend of college football. I guess we’ll see how it turns out. I moved on to strictly attending the NFL and, while they have their problems too, the value proposition isn’t even close.
Agreed on the value add part...no question with all the ticket fees, seat fees, and other nonsense, it is financially a money pit. But, perhaps the value would feel a little more palatable if our donors could watch us in the CFB final four (soon to be 12) and have our status elevated. I think by now, after 11 yrs, that value would feel tremendous and could spur better things.

As I said, I don’t attend PSU games any more but when I watch them play on TV there are plenty of empty seats. Sure when they play Ohio State or Michigan it’s exciting. Delaware and UMass not so much. I don’t know how much passion will be sustainable for mercenary football players who come and go according to how much they get paid.
And, that is why I think JF handled the optics terribly for the bowl game. Like really, he and others in the program were caught off guard just days before the game about which mercenaries weren't playing? They convinced fans to trek to ATL, spend a ton of money, only to get whipped and be totally unprepared. That is what I was getting at...the value of the money spent for tickets to watch these games (as you rightly pointed out), isn't great...but it feels worse when JF can't get over the hump and is a terrible gameday coach. Maybe I'm in a pipedream, but had we been able to make a CFP playoff once or twice, and for a month, have everyone talking about us and showing the program on tv leading up, that would have done wonders to the 'value' we are dissecting.

And, that is why I think JF handled the optics terribly for the bowl game. Like really, he and others in the program were caught off guard just days before the game about which mercenaries weren't playing? They convinced fans to trek to ATL, spend a ton of money, only to get whipped and be totally unprepared. That is what I was getting at...the value of the money spent for tickets to watch these games (as you rightly pointed out), isn't great...but it feels worse when JF can't get over the hump and is a terrible gameday coach. Maybe I'm in a pipedream, but had we been able to make a CFP playoff once or twice, and for a month, have everyone talking about us and showing the program on tv leading up, that would have done wonders to the 'value' we are dissecting.
That’s a heavy lift. Sure everyone loves a winner hence even wrestling, the ultimate niche sport, has a loyal following at Penn State. The problem is the courts have created a college sports system that is illogical and unsustainable. Title IX demands women’s sports be effectively subsidized by men’s football and basketball while recent decisions allow the free market to govern. I don’t know where it will end up but what we have now is unappealing to me and I suspect many if not most others.

Fair enough. And I respect yours.

I only wonder who PSU would hire that we think is better. More than likely, the person would be worse. Don't forget, UM cheated. They lost three assistants this last year who were fired for some level of indiscretion (we still don't know about the OC fired a year ago last month). It is "still under investigation." tOSU has been good but the last two HC's were fired for indiscretions (Tressel and Meyer). The new coach, Day, has the same record we do against UM.

and from the school's perspective, there is a lot more to being the HC of a program than Ws and Ls. Franklin has been great for PSU as we continue to recover from the BoT throwing the school under the bus. As I said, I can't imagine how CJF recruits at a high clip when passing the showers knowing that is where JS plied his trade.
I'm on the other side of these issues with Scrivener but respect your POV. I think at this point we are well beyond sanctions and scandal hampering us and I'm not convinced we couldn't get someone better than JF. If things don't change and we start also losing to Oregon, UDub and U$C then I think Kraft will have no choice in about 3 years. At least I hope he approaches it that way.

The bottom line is he does not win enough big games and that is really what he gets paid for. On top of that, he seems to coach scared in these games and not be prepared. Why have we changed OC so often? The Yurcich debacle is totally on him. Why don't we have any WRs who can be a true B10 #1? Why has Allar not developed the way we all thought? Why did our OLine struggle for years and is just incrementally better? Why are we very spotty on the D-Line? Player development is an area of weakness. I don't see mental toughness. If we had that then we would have beaten OSU in both '17 and '18 when we had NFL players running through our offensive skill positions.

JF is not a train wreck, he recruits well, albeit not great and he has high ethical standards. He represents the university well. However, when it comes to winning games versus teams of equal talent or better, he is basically abysmal. We beat OSU in '16 and we beat Michigan in '17 and '19. Throw the UDub Fiesta bowl in there and I'll give you the Wisky win in the B10 championship. So he has 5 big wins in 10 years versus many more bad losses. But he is not winning when it counts when playoff bids are still on the line.

He has beaten OSU 1 time in ten years. That has to be better. Even if you say they have a decided talent advantage we should at least beat them 3 out 10 or call it 1 out of 3. Michigan passed us like we were standing still. I want him to succeed but I have not seen the results.

I'm on the other side of these issues with Scrivener but respect your POV. I think at this point we are well beyond sanctions and scandal hampering us and I'm not convinced we couldn't get someone better than JF. If things don't change and we start also losing to Oregon. UDub and U$C then I think Kraft will have no choice in about 3 years. At least I hope he approaches it that way.

The bottom line is he does not win enough big games and that is really what he gets paid for. On top of that, he seems to coach scared in these games and not be prepared. Why have we changed OC so often? The Yurcich debacle is totally on him. Why don't we have any WRs who can be a true B10 #1? Why has Allar not developed thexway we all thought? Why did our OLine struggle for years and is just incrementally better? Why are we very spotty on the D-Line? Player development is an area of weakness. I don't see mental toughness. If we had that then we would have beaten OSU in both '17 and '18 when we had NFL players running through our offensive skill positions.

JF is not a train wreck, he recruits well, albeit not great and he has high ethical standards. He represents the university well. However, when it comes to winning games versus teams of equal talent or better, he is basically abysmal. We beat OSU in '16 and we beat Michigan in '17 and '19. Throw the UDub Fiesta bowl in there and I'll give you the Wisky win in the B10 championship. So he has 5 big wins in 10 years versus many more bad losses. But he is not winning when it counts when playoff bids are still on the line.

He has beaten OSU 1 time in ten years. That has to be better. Even if you say they have a decided talent advantage we should at least beat them 3 out 10 or call it 1 out of 3. Michigan passed us like we were standing still. I want him to succeed but I have not seen the results.
ok, fire franklin. Who do you get to be HC who won't leave if they have a good year the way both Washington and Oregon's coaches did this year?

ok, fire franklin. Who do you get to be HC who won't leave if they have a good year the way both Washington and Oregon's coaches did this year?
There are guys out there and when they bring more success than Franklin they could stay because it is a great job and they proved you can win big here or go out and do it again with the next guy ready to be the coach. There are are up and comers and/or other guys at lesser programs that would chomp at the bit to work with our talent. At some point we cannot accept losing all these big games.

There are guys out there and when they bring more success than Franklin they could stay because it is a great job and they proved you can win big here or go out and do it again with the next guy ready to be the coach. There are are up and comers and/or other guys at lesser programs that would chomp at the bit to work with our talent. At some point we cannot accept losing all these big games.
I think you are kidding yourself. Recruiting is a dirty game now. PSU suffers from depopulation, lack of NIL and several other challenges. The top of the SEC and B1G aren't going away. The SEC has a recruiting advantage in that so many great players come from the South. The kids that don't stay in the south are being sucked up by tOSU and UM with NIL money and other benefits. For now, we've vanquished teams like BC, Pitt, VTech, and WVU. But not the elite. And we've still got a better track record than ND. The team that really moved up is UM. Of course, they cheated. Day is in some trouble but had no problem filling gaps through the normal nation-leading recruiting and incredible Portal success.

I think we might be able to steal a year or two but until things change, and the new B1G could change it, will always be relegated to the being the third team in the B1G. (now, could be the 4th of 5th depending upon how USC, Washington and Oregon do).

I think you are kidding yourself. Recruiting is a dirty game now. PSU suffers from depopulation, lack of NIL and several other challenges. The top of the SEC and B1G aren't going away. The SEC has a recruiting advantage in that so many great players come from the South. The kids that don't stay in the south are being sucked up by tOSU and UM with NIL money and other benefits. For now, we've vanquished teams like BC, Pitt, VTech, and WVU. But not the elite. And we've still got a better track record than ND. The team that really moved up is UM. Of course, they cheated. Day is in some trouble but had no problem filling gaps through the normal nation-leading recruiting and incredible Portal success.

I think we might be able to steal a year or two but until things change, and the new B1G could change it, will always be relegated to the being the third team in the B1G. (now, could be the 4th of 5th depending upon how USC, Washington and Oregon do).
Disagree but we can agree to disagree. If the outlook is that bleak then we made a colossal mistake signing Franklin to that contract. The guys out there that could match Franklin's record, win most of the games you should (not all mind you) and lose about 90% of the big games, are numerous. Hey, here is $100 million but the catch is we won't really hold you accountable for winning big games. Where can I sign up?

We can recruit somewhere between 8 and 18 so call it an average of 12-13. That means enough talent to knock off the top 5 teams some of the time. Look at our roster and how many NFL guys we have. There is a lot of talent. And by some of the time I don't mean once a decade. Speaking of recruiting, if Franklin can't get it done in the south then hire a guy who can.

Yep, if NIL goes way out of control and every player with a 5 star or high/mid 4 star goes to OSU, GA, Texas, Bama, Oregon then it is a different ball game. Because then you do have a real talent difference. We are not there nor in the past were we there.

Disagree but we can agree to disagree. If the outlook is that bleak then we made a colossal mistake signing Franklin to that contract. The guys out there that could match Franklin's record, win most of the games you should (not all mind you) and lose about 90% of the big games, are numerous. Hey, here is $100 million but the catch is we won't really hold you accountable for winning big games. Where can I sign up?

We can recruit somewhere between 8 and 18 so call it an average of 12-13. That means enough talent to knock off the top 5 teams some of the time. Look at our roster and how many NFL guys we have. There is a lot of talent. And by some of the time I don't mean once a decade. Speaking of recruiting, if Franklin can't get it done in the south then hire a guy who can.

Yep, if NIL goes way out of control and every player with a 5 star or high/mid 4 star goes to OSU, GA, Texas, Bama, Oregon then it is a different ball game. Because then you do have a real talent difference. We are not there nor in the past were we there.
What difference does it make how much Franklin makes? So if he was making less, you’d be happy with his performance?

Reactions: marshall23
What difference does it make how much Franklin makes? So if he was making less, you’d be happy with his performance?
No but he is over paid. And whether it is him or an overpaid CEO or whomever it is not right.

In the wild, wild west of NIL, coach salaries is about to be irrelevant. Money in your collective will matter more.

Wow. What a post. It's not just the compensation, but more importantly it is the locked in duration of the contract.

This is akin to you going to the store and purposely buying expensive stuff that is mediocre. Not only that, but you sign an agreement with the store to do the same thing for years to come. Anyone but an idiot might sense something wrong with that.

If Franklin was making less the school could hire better assistant coaches, upgrade facilities, or lower prices for fans, students, and alumni.

Franklin is who we thought he was -- the perfect man to resurrect a sanctioned program (because he is a good salesman/recruiter), but not the person likely to achieve the highest level of performance. His game-day coaching confirms this.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Franklin is a personable guy, but not a tactician. If he realized this and was able to fill these gaps through assistants, then it might work, but we haven't seen that yet. Meanwhile the guy is raking in a fortune.

Wow. What a post. It's not just the compensation, but more importantly it is the locked in duration of the contract.

This is akin to you going to the store and purposely buying expensive stuff that is mediocre. Not only that, but you sign an agreement with the store to do the same thing for years to come. Anyone but an idiot might sense something wrong with that.

If Franklin was making less the school could hire better assistant coaches, upgrade facilities, or lower prices for fans, students, and alumni.

Franklin is who we thought he was -- the perfect man to resurrect a sanctioned program (because he is a good salesman/recruiter), but not the person likely to achieve the highest level of performance. His game-day coaching confirms this.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Franklin is a personable guy, but not a tactician. If he realized this and was able to fill these gaps through assistants, then it might work, but we haven't seen that yet. Meanwhile the guy is raking in a fortune.
We have different definitions of mediocre. So he’s not paid in the top 10 of coaches…what should his record be based on that? If he’s not finishing in the top 5 every year then he’s mediocre? Obviously to many posters on here only Kirby Smart results are acceptable, so we should pony up and hire Kirby Smart…everyone else is mediocre.

He’s not even in the top 10…he’s paid less than Mark Stoops. Not really overpaid compared to the market.
$10 million a year guaranteed for 10 years to lose to Ohio State and Michigan just about every year. Never get us into the playoff. Blow games versus the likes of Minnesota, MSU, Illinois and thank you sir may I have another snatch defeat from the jaws of a Rose Bowl win versus U$C. If you don't think getting $100 million for that is not highway robbery then I can't help you.

$10 million a year guaranteed for 10 years to lose to Ohio State and Michigan just about every year. Never get us into the playoff. Blow games versus the likes of Minnesota, MSU, Illinois and thank you sir may I have another snatch defeat from the jaws of a Rose Bowl win versus U$C. If you don't think getting $100 million for that is not highway robbery then I can't help you.
You say there are plenty of people who could come in and do the same thing for less, so who are they?

I want to win more as much as anybody does but it's extremely risky. Many times these moves are disasters.

LMAOROFL If Franklin screws up another 5 star QB, it would really hurt recruiting. Allar had a good year. If he still refuses to throw deep, then replace him. He is not responsible for the 2 losses. He was not the one who let UM demolish our defense with their ground game.
Of course UM demolished our defense. I'm surprised the score was that close. They cheated, they were still cheating. What happened to them , Jimbo was told to sit in the truck for a few games? I call BS

You say there are plenty of people who could come in and do the same thing for less, so who are they?

I want to win more as much as anybody does but it's extremely risky. Many times these moves are disasters.

In the current landscape, without having your NIL in line to get the best players, it makes no sense to fire a coach with a $50-60 million buyout just to hire any coach. If you can get Kirby? Sure. Mike Elko? No; A&M probably ends up in the same spot they were and likely just spent more money to get there.

The contract is an albatross. I'd say the same unless it's for a coach who is actively dominating the country. Right now, one coach commands that and the other retired.

In the current landscape, without having your NIL in line to get the best players, it makes no sense to fire a coach with a $50-60 million buyout just to hire any coach. If you can get Kirby? Sure. Mike Elko? No; A&M probably ends up in the same spot they were and likely just spent more money to get there.

The contract is an albatross. I'd say the same unless it's for a coach who is actively dominating the country. Right now, one coach commands that and the other retired.
right. look at Washington. They had good seasons for a program that hasn't challenged for Natties recently. As soon as the season was over, he jumped to a better program.

He’s not even in the top 10…he’s paid less than Mark Stoops. Not really overpaid compared to the market.
There you go confusing fanboys with facts!
We want to #1, but paying our coach #12-15 is the problem.
For those paying attention, CJF is no higher than #13.
But, the coach who can win more than 10 or 11 for PSU is out there, and willing to do it for a lot less! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: wilbury
There you go confusing fanboys with facts!
We want to #1, but paying our coach #12-15 is the problem.
For those paying attention, CJF is no higher than #13.
But, the coach who can win more than 10 or 11 for PSU is out there, and willing to do it for a lot less! ;)
Obviously the coach has to win all of them. Because 10 wins are automatic and any coach can do that, but the new coach also has to beat OSU and UM, so that’s all of them.

He hasn’t lost to the likes of Minnesota, MSU, or Illinois in two years. The Rose Bowl was 7 years ago. He also hasn’t lost to UM almost every year. So the only coach worth that money is someone who wouldn’t have lost any of those games and would have beat UM almost every year and beat OSU a few times…in other words 11-1 or 12-0 every season. If you think that’s what $100 million buys you, then I can’t help you.

It doesn't matter if he lost to them 2 years ago he still lost. The Rose Bowl was a collapse. You make it sound like I am expecting perfection and no one short of Saban could ever do better than Franklin. Not the case.

Here is my breakdown of the seasons since 2016 where Franklin could have done better and where I think another coach could have. I am not guaranteeing another coach would have done better but it is certainly plausible.

2016 don't lose to Pitt and we are in the playoff

2017 just beat Sparty and we are probably in playoff

2018 Hold on and beat OSU. Two other losses knock us out of playoff but at least we beat OSU.

2019 Beat Minny

2020 Forget it

2021 Train wreck and many other coaches could have done better. Didn't expect a playoff but we can't lose all those games. Had no plan for a back up QB. That Illinois loss was utterly pathetic.

2022 Prob as good as we could do

2023 Split vs OSU and Michigan. Call it beating OSU. We don't make playoff but at least have a big win vs OSU.

The above is not winning every game but would have won some key games that changes the narrative and gets us a couple playoff appearances. Forget about 2020. 2021 was a disaster because he had no backup QB. Inexcusable.

It doesn't matter if he lost to them 2 years ago he still lost. The Rose Bowl was a collapse. You make it sound like I am expecting perfection and no one short of Saban could ever do better than Franklin. Not the case.

Here is my breakdown of the seasons since 2016 where Franklin could have done better and where I think another

Why do you go on and on and on about this?

It's pretty clear you're disappointed with Coach Franklin and PSU's performance.

At some point, it just becomes whining.

It's pretty clear you're disappointed with Coach Franklin and PSU's performance.

"We Deserve Better "
All Franklin needs to do is win the games HE lost. LOL

Reactions: wilbury

Here is my breakdown of the seasons since 2016 where Franklin could have done better and where I think another coach could have. I am not guaranteeing another coach would have done better but it is certainly plausible.

2016 don't lose to Pitt and we are in the playoff

2017 just beat Sparty and we are probably in playoff

2018 Hold on and beat OSU. Two other losses knock us out of playoff but at least we beat OSU.

2019 Beat Minny

2020 Forget it

2021 Train wreck and many other coaches could have done better. Didn't expect a playoff but we can't lose all those games. Had no plan for a back up QB. That Illinois loss was utterly pathetic.

2022 Prob as good as we could do

2023 Split vs OSU and Michigan. Call it beating OSU. We don't make playoff but at least have a big win vs OSU.

The above is not winning every game but would have won some key games that changes the narrative and gets us a couple playoff appearances. Forget about 2020. 2021 was a disaster because he had no backup QB. Inexcusable.
So basically just say you expect 11-1 every year because that’s what it works out to be. And any year that’s a down year is a “train wreck”. Please list me the coaches who’ve had that kind of success since 2016 (four 11 wins seasons and two 10 win seasons in the last 8 years) and if you find one, let me know what they make. By my research, the only one who qualifies is Nick Saban, so in fact, yes, you are expecting no one short of Nick Saban.

Just proving my point. It's not like I need or am expecting perfection. Just wanted him to win a few more key games and he can't get it done.

So basically just say you expect 11-1 every year because that’s what it works out to be. And any year that’s a down year is a “train wreck”. Please list me the coaches who’ve had that kind of success since 2016 (four 11 wins seasons and two 10 win seasons in the last 8 years) and if you find one, let me know what they make. By my research, the only one who qualifies is Nick Saban, so in fact, yes, you are expecting no one short of Nick Saban.
No not every year and I never said that nor does my post indicate that. But certainly more than he has produced. 2016, 2017 and 2023 should have been at worst one loss seasons. We should have beaten Pitt in 2016 and made the playoff. In 2017 with NFL guys all over the offense we can't blow a big lead to OSU AND lose to Sparty. And in 2023 OSU was ripe for the taking but somehow we can't develop even a high school passing game with wide receivers.

Since he couldn't get it done he blew a playoff shot in 2 of those years. And yes 2021 was a train wreck. Not having a backup QB who was even remotely competent was a joke.

So in summary I didn't expect 11-1 every year just win some key, crucial games throughout the various seasons that could have helped the momentum of the program immensely.

PSU lost 39 games in 10 seasons prior to Frankin. PSU has lost 39 in 10 years of Franklin at the helm, 12 of which came the first 2 Years of draconian sanctions. Yep, Franklin has to go. Anyone have 57 million? LOL

No not every year and I never said that nor does my post indicate that. But certainly more than he has produced. 2016, 2017 and 2023 should have been at worst one loss seasons. We should have beaten Pitt in 2016 and made the playoff. In 2017 with NFL guys all over the offense we can't blow a big lead to OSU AND lose to Sparty. And in 2023 OSU was ripe for the taking but somehow we can't develop even a high school passing game with wide receivers.

Since he couldn't get it done he blew a playoff shot in 2 of those years. And yes 2021 was a train wreck. Not having a backup QB who was even remotely competent was a joke.

So in summary I didn't expect 11-1 every year just win some key, crucial games throughout the various seasons that could have helped the momentum of the program immensely.
Exactly what I said, your expectation based on what you posted would have resulted in four 11-1 seasons and two 10-2 seasons in the last eight years….no coach other than Saban is doing that. And in 2016 there was no way they should have won the Big, yet they did and he was the coach of the year, yet you list it as one of his failure years. What you expect/want doesn’t exist and certainly not at Penn State. You may want to find another program.

Last edited:
Exactly what I said, your expectation based on what you posted would have resulted in four 11-1 seasons and two 10-2 seasons in the last eight years….no coach other than Saban is doing that. And in 2016 there was no way they could have won the Big, yet they did and he was the coach of the year, yet you lost it as one of his failure years. What you expect/want doesn’t exist and certainly not at Penn State. You may want to find another program.
Just keep propping up James. There are key games he lost that he should have won that would have helped the program and he did not deliver. Simple facts. I'm not going to argue with you. I've stated my points and stand by it.

Last edited:
Just keep propping up James. There are key games he lost that he should have won that would have helped the program and he did not deliver. Simple facts. I'm not going to argue with you. I've stated my points and stand by it.
And every coach in the history of college football had key games they should have won that would have helped the program and didn’t. Do you maybe think it’s because we watch and dissect every single PSU game that we come up with all these shortcomings and the same thing would happen with any coach? I only prop up James because I know you and other posters would be exactly the same way with any coach we have. Every message board is the same way, somehow it’s morphed into every loss regardless of what happened is the coach’s fault.

Reactions: 81b&w
And every coach in the history of college football had key games they should have won that would have helped the program and didn’t. Do you maybe think it’s because we watch and dissect every single PSU game that we come up with all these shortcomings and the same thing would happen with any coach? I only prop up James because I know you and other posters would be exactly the same way with any coach we have. Every message board is the same way, somehow it’s morphed into every loss regardless of what happened is the coach’s fault.
Seems kind of simple thinking to insist that each and every loss is the coach's fault. :cool:
PSU should get rid of all of its coaches....they only lose games and never are responsible for winning.

Last edited:
Seems kind of simple thinking to insist that each and every loss is the coach's fault. :cool:
PSU should get rid of all of its coaches....they only lose games and never are responsible for winning.
It’s funny, all the years I played I never lost a game because of a coach and I’m sure the players would say the same thing about Franklin. You lose when you don’t play well enough or the other team is just better.

Reactions: marshall23
Key games where we were the underdog. You want upsets. We should beat teams better than us.

We're beating everyone we should beat and losing to everyone else. If you look at our record ATS, in the Franklin era last time I looked we were 5th among teams that have been D1 for that entire timeframe.

It’s funny, all the years I played I never lost a game because of a coach and I’m sure the players would say the same thing about Franklin. You lose when you don’t play well enough or the other team is just better.
It's pretty easy to figure out who played and or coached the game.

Reactions: AWS1022
Amazing the apologists just amazing. Apparently after Saban and maybe Kirby Smart Franklin is the next best coach! What a joke. You are happy with 9-3 seasons like they are the best ever and Franklin is a genius for pulling that off. Oh, he went 10-2 the last two years so he should be anointed the best ever. I am thinking you all would be happy with 6-6. My God you would make excuses for him losing all his games. You people are so soft on this guy it is unbelievable. No one can do better, no one. We should just accept losing to teams of equal or better talent all the time. Pathetic. He is not a good game planner or in game coach. He just isn't but you people are brick walls that will defend everything he does no matter what. Nothing is his fault he does everything well. Flush.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT