ADVERTISEMENT

What has Allar done to be the undoubted starter?

Hope AK and Franklin take a real look at Beau this year.

LMAOROFL If Franklin screws up another 5 star QB, it would really hurt recruiting. Allar had a good year. If he still refuses to throw deep, then replace him. He is not responsible for the 2 losses. He was not the one who let UM demolish our defense with their ground game.

You don't want a fair competition you just want Pribula. Since you aren't at practice every day, you have no idea what the competition is like but I'm sure if Allar is named the starter you'll claim that this was fixed from the beginning and Pribula should be in there.

Reactions: JR4PSU and bison13
You don't want a fair competition you just want Pribula. Since you aren't at practice every day, you have no idea what the competition is like but I'm sure if Allar is named the starter you'll claim that this was fixed from the beginning and Pribula should be in there.
BINGO just more drivel from the clueless with an obvious agenda.

Reactions: bison13
Allar did not meet the huge hyped expectations but the dude had a stat line of 25 TDs to 2 INT, which is straight amazing. Say what you want about him but that's terrific in any scenario.
He basically had zero weapons except his TE's which doesn't exactly have high odds of explosive plays.
I'd put a lot of Allar's down field woes on the WR's. They were below average and didn't make but 1 or 2 explosive plays all season. As I see it at this moment, there isn't one WR on last years 2 deep that would get an NFL combine invite. That matters to success of a QB and/or your down field passing game.

He completed 59.9% of his passes for 2631 yards, 25 TDs, and 2 Int

Not great, but not bad.

He is very likely to remain the starter. Can you stand it?
Kerry Collins as a junior completed 50% of his passes, had 1600 yards, 13 TD’s and 11 INT’s….and Joe had the nerve to start him the following year. Where was the open QB competition?

Nor should it be
We've seen Pribula before, in the form of Tommy Stevens and Will Levis. You could even say in Michael Robinson and Rashard Casey. Only one, Robinson, of those 5 had great success with PSU when given the opportunity.
Pribula looks like a decent player but the dude is 11 for 21 in his career. Just because you can blast off the tackle for 12 in the fourth quarter of a blowout against a tired and weak opposition, doesn't mean you'll be a good QB.
Perspective matters.

Kerry Collins as a junior completed 50% of his passes, had 1600 yards, 13 TD’s and 11 INT’s….and Joe had the nerve to start him the following year. Where was the open QB competition?
Are you comparing Beau Pribula to Kerry Collins?

Are you comparing Beau Pribula to Kerry Collins?
No, I’m saying Drew Allar had FAR better stats in his first year as a starter than Collins had as a junior, yet I doubt anyone questioned Collins being the starter going into his senior year.

Reactions: Gitzit
No, I’m saying Drew Allar had FAR better stats in his first year as a starter than Collins had as a junior, yet I doubt anyone questioned Collins being the starter going into his senior year.
He’s 19 years old. I think there should always be competition and like Beau. But to think we know better is ‘ interesting’.

He’s 19 years old. I think there should always be competition and like Beau. But to think we know better is ‘ interesting’.
Many on here always think they know more…who needs to actually see them practice? Making decisions from the couch is far more accurate.

Not great, but not bad.

True, he had an overall good season for a first year starter. The problem this year was really when he met the big 2. In those games he was-

1. OSU-
-18/42 (43%), 191 yards, 1 TD, 0 int
-QB rating 30.1

2. Michigan-
-10/22 (45%), 70 yards, 1 TD , 0 int
- QB rating 63.6

True, he had an overall good season for a first year starter. The problem this year was really when he met the big 2. In those games he was-

1. OSU-
-QB rating 30.1

2. Michigan-
- QB rating 63.6
Those games don't count. Only games count where evan Rob Bolden could have won.

1. OSU-
-QB rating 30.1

2. Michigan-
- QB rating 63.6
And the supporting cast was a huge problem
No one is saying Allar is elite right now or that he will be. The question is whether there should be a QB competition when we all know he was promised the job. If he wasn't he'd be gone. That's college football in 2024

Not great, but not bad.

Exactly. What were Kerry Collins’ and Todd Blackledge’s stats as a soph? Some of you people are real dopes. The second team quarterback was a Goldilocks. Used just right.

Reactions: JoeParulz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT