ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Nassib?

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
The ESPNU coverage showed him leaving the field and, later, standing on the sidelines, but was frustrated that the ESPNU announcers said nothing about what happened to him. Having the national sacks leader back on the field would likely have helped in defending NU's final drive. Given that obvious fact, I'm guessing he was not ready to go, but you couldn't tell from the brief shot of him what was wrong. Anyone know?

We were wondering the same thing. Would have helped tremendously having him on the field at the end. Never saw anything that indicated the issue.

Only thing I've seen is CJF's comment in post game presser that he hopes to have him back soon. Also Austin Johnson said he didn't know why he went out.

The ESPNU coverage showed him leaving the field and, later, standing on the sidelines, but was frustrated that the ESPNU announcers said nothing about what happened to him. Having the national sacks leader back on the field would likely have helped in defending NU's final drive. Given that obvious fact, I'm guessing he was not ready to go, but you couldn't tell from the brief shot of him what was wrong. Anyone know?

From what the radio team said when he came back out, I though that maybe he either got his bell rung or had some sort of upper extremity issue. We'll have to wait and see.

If I remember correctly, even before going to the locker room it looked like he had one of his upper arms/shoulders wrapped.

Also curious about Jordan Lucas' status.

If I remember correctly, even before going to the locker room it looked like he had one of his upper arms/shoulders wrapped.

Also curious about Jordan Lucas' status.
Good point about Jordan Lucas. There is always a big drop off in the secondary when either he or Allen is out.

Reactions: step.eng69
Nassib has had his upper right arm wrapped all season.

I have a hunch Zettel has been playing injured all season. He's not coming off the ball with his typical explosion. But, the motor is still there.

Chris I also felt that Zettel has been playing injured for the last few games

Agree. Lucas, Bell, Zettle, Haley, Allen and practically the entire O-line have all been battling injuries this season now add Nassib. Barkley also looked like he "tweaked" something later in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT