ADVERTISEMENT

What hall did you stay in

The defunct Nittany Hall #28 76-79

Nittany%20Dormitories.png
I really like Nittany dorms. Private room, easy window access

Beam Hall, 1st Floor, #109, room faced Park Ave. Back in the day, no females allowed. He'll, couldn't even have a coffee pot.

I really like Nittany dorms. Private room, easy window access
I was in Nittany 39 - Transfer from Ogontz Campus - single rooms with no RA on the floor - lot's of Keg Parties! Good Times.

The old Nittany dorms back in my freshman year 62/63. We felt like second class students but I had a blast that year with a bunch of great guys.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I do not remember Volleyball guys in Hartranft.

I always assumed volleyball folks were in West, but that's based solely on seeing Bonnie Bremner in the computer lab once. I almost lost my mind when I looked up and she was across from me.

Snyder 7th Floor (end of the hall too, arguably the farthest room out from the rest of campus).
Irvin Hall (EMS interest house) 4th and 2nd Floors.

Reactions: Zenophile
I always assumed volleyball folks were in West, but that's based solely on seeing Bonnie Bremner in the computer lab once. I almost lost my mind when I looked up and she was across from me.

Snyder 7th Floor (end of the hall too, arguably the farthest room out from the rest of campus).
Irvin Hall (EMS interest house) 4th and 2nd Floors.
From what I remember in the 90s they were. My sister got in as a freshman in Fall of 98 and lived in Hamilton with some other volleyball players in there.

what year. I was in either 39 or 40 during 67-68
80 to 84 - spend 6 years in college but I'm not a doctor - but I bet my liver needs one. I has Senior Football Tickets for 3 year - stayed at PSU to get a second degree.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
Potter House, 504 Snyder off the elevator lobby. Lived there Fall ‘76 to Spring ‘78.

Almost everyone had a nickname given to them and they went by it - of course my name was Big O.
Potter House myself Fall 1985 - Spring 1987... Can't remember the exact room number...was in the middle of the 5th floor on the stadium side...I remember the mail box combination though. EF-D-AB

A memory, for anyone living in the dorms of the Beaver Hall quad, Pollock Halls in the spring of 1974? About 10:30 p.m. some random person would begin shouting out their window during warm spring nights. Others joined in, then, in an enticing manner several young ladies removed their garments, top only and began to press their naked breasts against the dorm room windows. You can imagine how the howling decibels increased, flash lights (what an appropriated terminology) began to search the windows for the pairs of female accoutrements. Not long later, the campus disciplinary kill joys showed up. It quieted down, till they exited, then resumed. This happened for an entire week that spring.

PLUS: The Beaver Ave. parade! After we retired for the evening we heard a roar and my roomie and i arose, got dressed and walked over to Beaver Ave. There were thousands of students congregated there. Fraternities had pledges streaking through the crowd and later, a motor cycle edged into the morass. My roomie pointed and said look at that. sitting behind the guy driving the cycle was a buck naked, buxom young woman. She was enjoying all the attention and attention she got as they slowly weaved through the mass of humanity. It was crazy. College life. IF anyone else participated in these events, chime in.

A memory, for anyone living in the dorms of the Beaver Hall quad, Pollock Halls in the spring of 1974? About 10:30 p.m. some random person would begin shouting out their window during warm spring nights. Others joined in, then, in an enticing manner several young ladies removed their garments, top only and began to press their naked breasts against the dorm room windows. You can imagine how the howling decibels increased, flash lights (what an appropriated terminology) began to search the windows for the pairs of female accoutrements. Not long later, the campus disciplinary kill joys showed up. It quieted down, till they exited, then resumed. This happened for an entire week that spring.

PLUS: The Beaver Ave. parade! After we retired for the evening we heard a roar and my roomie and i arose, got dressed and walked over to Beaver Ave. There were thousands of students congregated there. Fraternities had pledges streaking through the crowd and later, a motor cycle edged into the morass. My roomie pointed and said look at that. sitting behind the guy driving the cycle was a buck naked, buxom young woman. She was enjoying all the attention and attention she got as they slowly weaved through the mass of humanity. It was crazy. College life. IF anyone else participated in these events, chime in.
That tradition carried on into the late 70’s. An RA was tied to his mattress in his underwear in the Pollack quad. There was also a large group streak that happened. That spring a large group hopped the fence at the outdoor pool and went for a skinny dip.

My roomie pointed and said look at that. sitting behind the guy driving the cycle was a buck naked, buxom young woman. She was enjoying all the attention and attention she got as they slowly weaved through the mass of humanity. It was crazy. College life. IF anyone else participated in these events, chime in.
I was there, front row of the crowd. I could have reached out and touched her, but my gentlemanly instincts of course said no. It was just innocent fun. As I recall, she looked less enjoying it than surprised that the motorcycle was moving so slowly. Great times.

Potter House myself Fall 1985 - Spring 1987... Can't remember the exact room number...was in the middle of the 5th floor on the stadium side...I remember the mail box combination though. EF-D-AB
My room was to the right when getting off the elevator looking right at Beaver Stadium. Got to see them working on the first expansion during the late 70’s. Basically my room was nearly in the middle of the hall.

Yes indeed as a participant from the 3rd floor of Beaver. I believe the young woman’s initials were DM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT