ADVERTISEMENT

What hall did you stay in

5th floor Snyder Hall, 98'-99'. Too bad my room looked into the quad. My buddy lived on the side looking over Beaver Stadium. Still loved living there on gamedays! What I would give to go back to those moments in time.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Beaver Hall, 1st floor, Fall '67-Spring '68. Go York House!

Last edited:
Beaver Hall - 7th floor, Fall 1978 - Spring 1979.

Last edited:
The defunct Nittany Hall #28 76-79

Nittany%20Dormitories.png

4th floor Cross Hall in the summer and then off to Nittany 36(?), where I tunneled into the next room with a spoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
5th floor Snyder Hall, 98'-99'. Too bad my room looked into the quad. My buddy lived on the side looking over Beaver Stadium. Still loved living there on gamedays! What I would give to go back to those moments in time.
Potter House, 504 Snyder off the elevator lobby. Lived there Fall ‘76 to Spring ‘78.

Almost everyone had a nickname given to them and they went by it - of course my name was Big O.

Reactions: psuwxman
5th floor Geary Hall was where my Penn State experience began.

Geary Hall, built in 1961 and renovated in 2019-2020, was named after John W. Geary, the 16th Governor of Pennsylvania (1867-1873). He was the tallest PA Governor, standing at 6' 5". Geary also sported an unconventional, but fantastic, beard.

Last edited:
509 Hartranft....my Jr and Sr years...same room.
Fifth floor Hartranft.....Coming off the elevators turn to the right and then to the right again....I think 508 Freshman and maybe 507 opposite hallway...Sophomore year.....Fraternity next 6 or so years.....started in Hartranft in Fall 82.

Sophomore year: Trey Bauer lived on 6th floor, Mike Russo big man....(whose father was bigger than Mike) lived on maybe the 3rd or 4th floor of Hartranft.

6th floor Beaver Hall.
Beaver Hall, 619 1974 then to Nittany. Nittany had large steel radiator heating and the 1st time you turned it on the room got to about 900 degrees. It took a week to adjust the heat. Fond memories. Also, Nittany Halls had bunk beds so whoever got there first took the bottom, I got that as I claimed my issue with heights and my injuries from the same. My roomie, named Mongo, gladly hopped into the upper berth. Nittany Halls were a lot of fun but they were small. We did manage to be assigned to an end unit so we had a nice window looking up into a parking lot. The more I type the more memories flash by, great times. These are some of the reasons alumni love their school, those who didn't matriculate have asked me why the alleigence as they are soley football team fans. Alums have a much greater attachment to their school. Happy Days.

Last edited:
4 th floor Hartranft. There were 2 upperclassmen engineering majors that kept 2 pet turtles. One was named F@ck, and the other named You, and their names were painted on their backs. When the turtles made noise in the middle of the night, they would yell “Hey F U, shut up”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT