ADVERTISEMENT

What does your Like mean

PSUbluTX

Feb 7, 2018
Seeing @CholleyVandine's funny comment in another thread about not daring to give a "like" to another post got me thinking. What does your like mean? Some here are very generous with their likes while others are quite stingy. I tend to give a like to posts I find particularly clever, insightful, or informative. If your post makes me laugh out loud, you're getting a like (unless your post is off-color, in which case I promptly repent for laughing and ask the Lord to help me be a better man).

I wish the powers that be would offer some alternative choices and more emoji options. And it's well established that we need a sarcasm font. What emojis, fonts, and like/dislike options would you like to see added?

I “like” posts for the same reasons already mentioned.

Also, I like to reward people who bring information to our board, including information with which I don’t necessarily agree, such as a Pat Downey or Pat Mineo tweet or the like. Also, I try to remember to “like” posts that ask good questions; I have noticed that sometimes a good question elicits much-liked answers, but the question that started the ball rolling gets too few likes.

:)

They are a blunt instrument. My likes can mean “good point,” or “good question,” or “that’s funny,” or “I’m really, really glad your son is at Penn State,” or “thanks for looking that up,” or “thanks for sharing your knowledge,” or “thanks for not making a joke about someone beating Nico in the room,” or “thanks for not calling Vincenzo Joseph ‘Captain Smooth’,” or “yes, sir, Pat Mineo is a horse’s behind.”

Geez, let me count the ways . . .

• You made me laugh

• You made a point that I want to endorse without necessarily making a post of my own

• You posted what I was thinking

• Acknowledge receipt of your response to my post, but no further response of my own is forthcoming

• My pending/subsequent quote of your post could be taken the wrong way -- don't take it that way.

• I've been too stingy/negligent/lazy
with my likes and probably owe you a few

• I've gone back-to-back-to-back on an empty stomach and am in a particularly good mood

I like posts as if I’m chugging Mt Dew while huffing Adderall ... but, I enjoy reading the board as a break in my day.

I enjoy the wrestling insight & the humor / banter.

#eatitturk

facebook-gif.gif

I know this isn't what your post intended, but I always found likes to be very informative. I've seen some well respected posters on HR like posts they would never post themselves. It was eye opening to who they really are. Remember, if you "like" a post you endorse it imo.

We need a thumbs down too.

I know this isn't what your post intended, but I always found likes to be very informative. I've seen some well respected posters on HR like posts they would never post themselves. It was eye opening to who they really are. Remember, if you "like" a post you endorse it imo.

You have to be careful of the sarcastic like. I use it every once in a while for the dumbest of the dumb posts.

You have to be careful of the sarcastic like. I use it every once in a while for the dumbest of the dumb posts.
I would argue that you would have to be careful of it then. If you sarcastically like a pedo reference or any other vile post it may seem as if you endorse it.

I would argue that you would have to be careful of it then. If you sarcastically like a pedo reference or any other vile post it may seem as if you endorse it.

Come on man. I would never like something like that. I'm talking iron brain, hoyt level posts. Weateisthawk is a total asshat with his pedophilia fascination. Edit: He's one of two people I have blocked over there.

Last edited:

Yeah, there is one dude in particular that I wonder if we are both thinking of. Worshipped over there as Mr. Positivity, but his Liking history reveals it is all rooted in hate.

I wasn't in tune with the " like" concept until recently. This forum is the only social media that I participate in. Just typing dialogue from my phone and posting was a challenge for me when I started. I have figured out some other add ons over the years. I have just recently started noting "likes"on occasion. Typically it involves humor or someone that took some time on research.
What I hope to do at some time is attend an PSU event and meet some of the guys that are regulars on this forum. I would assume it is a pretty diversed group.

I just met a few that were only screen names before, had a wonderful time. Ironically, we talked for about two hours but there was very little wrestling talk. More family conversations, which also might have been because there were spouses involved. But it was great to meet people that I consider friends but never met before.

whatever happened to that guy a while back that had like 1000 posts and was was begging for a like?

I give likes in the hopes that someone will return the like. It is strictly a numbers game. As you can see- it has not been very successful.

Reactions: NoVa Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT