ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

my 17 year old son fell asleep watching Dune at the theater last night
Everyone I know who's watched it or tried to either hated it or gave up.
It was boring at least David Lynch's version was interesting, gonzo sure but interesting.
There was nothing interesting about this version.

Reactions: SLUPSU
It was boring at least David Lynch's version was interesting, gonzo sure but interesting.

I was gonna give it a shot then my brother told me Zendaya is in it for 7 minutes. WTF. Pass.

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown
I was gonna give it a shot then my brother told me Zendaya is in it for 7 minutes. WTF. Pass.
Yea thats because the director spent 2.5 hours doing about 200 pages of the book.
Spoiler alert (for those with enough time to waste to watch it)......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pt. 1 ends right after Paul and his mom meet Chani and the Fremen after the Sardaukar try and kill Paul and his mom on the aircraft.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Midnighter2
Hormone Monster Rick: (pulls off own face glued to helmet) Uggggh ohhh, there goes the neeeeiiighborhood

big-mouth.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jjw165 and uscgPSU

Not sure why they remake action movies in the last 2-3 decades. The first version is almost always better.

I'm 6 episodes into True Story in Netflix. It's a change of pace for Kevin Hart, but I really like it.

I'm 6 episodes into True Story in Netflix. It's a change of pace for Kevin Hart, but I really like it.
Thanks I was on the line whether to watch it or not.
Did watch the Peter Jackson Get Back over the Holiday.
Really liked it but much like the White Album needed more editing.
But it was fascinating watching them come up with songs. I mean McCartney just came up with Let it Be while waiting for Lennon. SMH. Crazy. Also did not know they were rehearsing All Things Must Pass, Gimme Some Truth and Isn't it a pity during those sessions. Again crazy the talent that those 4 were.

Reactions: jp3272 and uscgPSU
This is it boiz,
This is your time
The time of Doc Spoc
Throw him off the banister the Darth Baldy one
The last page of the Rock

I came across, I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore on Netflix. Great stuff that took me by complete surprise, in a good way.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Just finished Afterparty on Apple TV. Pretty good cast. A “who done it” told by different perspectives. Every episode is based on that characters story for the night. Fun show. Only 8 episodes so it’s a quick watch.

Just started “Post Mortem: No One Dies in Skarnes” on Netflix. A Norwegian language show(dubbed in different languages). Only 6 episodes. I guess it’s a horror show with some humor. 3 episodes in. Might just finish it out tonight. So far it’s interesting.

I'll be binging this in a few weeks ....

Wife and I are in Season two of Ozark. We had chosen to watch Yellowstone over Ozark from the recommendations on the Board- which we enjoyed.

So far so good for Ozark but one thing we wonder is how so many people get killed so frequently in these small communities where the shows are purportedly set. Lots folks seem to get killed every episode...

We live in the Philly area where the question is not "Will there be a homicide on Action News tomorrow morning?" but "How many homicides will be covered on Action News tomorrow morning?"

With The Wire the gratuitous violence was believable within a bit of reality...not so much in these Yelliwstone or Ozark. However great watching and escapism. Enjoy

Reactions: Obliviax
Wife and I are in Season two of Ozark. We had chosen to watch Yellowstone over Ozark from the recommendations on the Board- which we enjoyed.

So far so good for Ozark but one thing we wonder is how so many people get killed so frequently in these small communities where the shows are purportedly set. Lots folks seem to get killed every episode...

We live in the Philly area where the question is not "Will there be a homicide on Action News tomorrow morning?" but "How many homicides will be covered on Action News tomorrow morning?"

With The Wire the gratuitous violence was believable within a bit of reality...not so much in these Yelliwstone or Ozark. However great watching and escapism. Enjoy
I understand your point about the number of people who die, however, a lot of those bodies are disposed of in a way they won't be found (I not sure exactly where you are in the series, so I won't spoil anything for you), so most of them are "missing persons" rather than murders. And at least a couple (two major deaths in season 1) are made to look like accidents.

Which is still obviously suspicious, but given that some of them are from out of town, some of them are transient (due to the vacation destination/seasonal worker nature of the town) and some are involved in stuff (drugs) where them dropping off the face of the earth isn't surprising, I don't think the body count (which I think is 20 or less) is THAT ridiculous.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
I understand your point about the number of people who die, however, a lot of those bodies are disposed of in a way they won't be found (I not sure exactly where you are in the series, so I won't spoil anything for you), so most of them are "missing persons" rather than murders. And at least a couple (two major deaths in season 1) are made to look like accidents.

Which is still obviously suspicious, but given that some of them are from out of town, some of them are transient (due to the vacation destination/seasonal worker nature of the town) and some are involved in stuff (drugs) where them dropping off the face of the earth isn't surprising, I don't think the body count (which I think is 20 or less) is THAT ridiculous.
I guess if you look at it that way...agreed. FWIW there was only 1 homicide in Philly on the morning news today...a victory of sorts! We'll see tomorrow.

Last week finished 1883, it was a good watch.
And I had watched it when it was new out, but totally on a lark, but Arcane on Netflix turned out to be really really good.

Reactions: Hotshoe
For those of you who have Paramount+ and are Star Trek fans, there is a new series out, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, just two episodes in. Looks good so far, based on early Enterprise and Captain Christopher Pike, Ohura and Spock are in it as well as Kirk's brother.

I'll add "The Staircase" on HBOMax. Based on a true story. there is a corresponding documentary on Netflix but the documentary people are really mad that the movie script is not following reality and insisting that they add "inspired by" or something like that. Nothing Hollywood does is anywhere close to accurate but it is entertaining.

I'll add "The Staircase" on HBOMax. Based on a true story. there is a corresponding documentary on Netflix but the documentary people are really mad that the movie script is not following reality and insisting that they add "inspired by" or something like that. Nothing Hollywood does is anywhere close to accurate but it is entertaining.
The documentary (and follow up) was pretty interesting and well done, although apparently they left out some pretty important stuff for the sake of making it more entertaining. I'll have to give the dramatized version a try.

Other HBOMax shows that I've enjoyed recently are We Own This City (true crime about Baltimore PD from guys who did the Wire), Barry (very dark comedy), Raised by Wolves (science fiction) and Station Eleven (dystopian drama).

Reactions: Obliviax

I'm watching it, it's pretty good but it sure is moving slowly, it's hard to believe they're going to stretch it to 8 episodes.

Waaow, 'Outer Range' range sure is straaange bro. It's like... cowboy beep bop Dark man. They had a nukeyaller accident up the road and it's Amurican Dark with out the subtitles cause you can watch it in American.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT