ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

I'm doing Season 3 of Doom Patrol now. Its kind of bonkers. LOL.

In the best way though, right? It's really, really faithful to the source material IMO. Some notable exceptions (Brotherhood of Dada changed to Sisterhood of Dada), but it's a lot of fun. I've even grown to like Cyborg who was far and away my least favorite character the first couple seasons. Think I'm on Ep 3.

Reactions: BBrown
In the best way though, right? It's really, really faithful to the source material IMO. Some notable exceptions (Brotherhood of Dada changed to Sisterhood of Dada), but it's a lot of fun. I've even grown to like Cyborg who was far and away my least favorite character the first couple seasons. Think I'm on Ep 3.

Its not bingy but the new Dune movie is now available on HBO MAX.

Last edited:
Queen of the 8-2-1 Midget Squad, she had them smacking the ceiling Play off the Wheatie's Box today and slap the floor like Dukies too. She made $55 T-shirts go Cotton Bowl Flu.

Umm as a big Dune book fan and yes I even liked Lynch's crazy version, I thought this new "imagining" sucked balls. My god it was slow and boring. If you didn't read the book or know the previous movies I"m not sure how anyone knew what the hell was going on.
No way can I see a pt 2 being made. Someone should explain what editing is to that director.

Umm as a big Dune book fan and yes I even liked Lynch's crazy version, I thought this new "imagining" sucked balls. My god it was slow and boring. If you didn't read the book or know the previous movies I"m not sure how anyone knew what the hell was going on.
No way can I see a pt 2 being made. Someone should explain what editing is to that director.
my 17 year old son fell asleep watching Dune at the theater last night

I was waiting for some thread about this film, but I'll reply here.

The director was the same as the recent Bladerunner. And he played the same game. Cut to some scene of the sun rising, or sand, or some giant building, then play extremely loud horn music. Over and Over and Over. that builds suspense in his opinion. It worked a little in the Bladerunner film, but IMO that was too long as well.

The film was dragged out. At the same time, with flash forward scenes they gave away the ending of what would be the second film.

My daughter kept having to ask me what was going on. And who was who. They took away one of the best parts of the David Lynch film, the jump.

Also, ,making the Harkonnen leader a replica of a famous crazy leader from a 40 year old film made zero sense to me. "The Horror"

It's too bad. I had really high hopes. There was little to appreciate. And they made the Fremen leader an overweight old man.

LdN

Reactions: BBrown
Sopranos S2-

It's funny to watch how Loony Toonish the two Chip n Munk guys were from the get go. Taking taco sharts at the scene of the safe. It's like literally every scene was a new Adam Sandler movie, *Walk up to Tonys car with baseball bats and sleeves rolled up*,

"Yo Tone we're heeh for the job"
"YOU IDIOTSH, IM I SUPPOSHED TA BE SHENE HERE" (drives off)

The scene where theyre in their undies smoking and watching MTV with "Up in da Club" on with 1998ish Krash Bandicoot music video graphics. I was dying before Furio had even "come a 2 coellect" 1🤣

Of all the the things to pick apart about MSONewark, the fact it had been...
Your uncle is a subtle beast my boy. Richie Apreel is meant to be a kreepy kreecher, your Uncle- he's the type a guy even Baccala stands in awrr of. A subtle beast.

-AnWvqE0DCWf9RgHUZXpMSIYRyRATmI4kN8VORANmQg.jpg

Out of the blue, I started watching Friday Night Lights again…hadn’t seen it since it was originally on NBC back in the day. I’ve rewatched about half of season 1 and…just…terrific storytelling. Don’t think I’m going to watch the whole series this time around, but I can’t not finish the first season now.
I’ve watched the whole series three times now. I binge it every time because it’s so good. Not many new shows that I try to watch grab me like even the third time through this show did. One of my all time favorites.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
I was waiting for some thread about this film, but I'll reply here.

The director was the same as the recent Bladerunner. And he played the same game. Cut to some scene of the sun rising, or sand, or some giant building, then play extremely loud horn music. Over and Over and Over. that builds suspense in his opinion. It worked a little in the Bladerunner film, but IMO that was too long as well.

The film was dragged out. At the same time, with flash forward scenes they gave away the ending of what would be the second film.

My daughter kept having to ask me what was going on. And who was who. They took away one of the best parts of the David Lynch film, the jump.

Also, ,making the Harkonnen leader a replica of a famous crazy leader from a 40 year old film made zero sense to me. "The Horror"

It's too bad. I had really high hopes. There was little to appreciate. And they made the Fremen leader an overweight old man.

LdN
I am shocked but apparently prt2 has been green lit. Just wow.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Loving Succession but anyone else have deja vu? How long can they play the ‘game of thrones’ with the kids all vying to be CEO? It a a familiar pattern at this point - threat > play kids against each other > they form alliances internally/externally > eventually side with dad > globetrot > new threat > rinse repeat. I mean - it’s the best show on TV but this is is getting predictable. Liking Greg going to grandad though - adds a new dimension to everything.

Reactions: Lionguy32
Had started watching Tiger King a week ago, but it’s just too messed up and painful. Hard to believe, but it seems true.

I was put off by the trailer for Squid Game, but relented and am enjoying it very much. It is similar to Walking dead in a way, where it becomes more about how the contestants interact with each other than how they survive the games. Obviously, the games still matter. I just finished the episode where the cop gets off the island and there are just a handful of contestants left after the tempered glass game.

Reactions: Midnighter2
Loving Succession but anyone else have deja vu? How long can they play the ‘game of thrones’ with the kids all vying to be CEO? It a a familiar pattern at this point - threat > play kids against each other > they form alliances internally/externally > eventually side with dad > globetrot > new threat > rinse repeat. I mean - it’s the best show on TV but this is is getting predictable. Liking Greg going to grandad though - adds a new dimension to everything.
Agreed. The story is getting a bit tired, but the dialogue is still great.

"The FBI is here"
"Tell them to F off"
"These guys don't F off"

Reactions: Midnighter2
We have at least 8 more days..........

LOL... Only 8 more days................. April 22, 2020.......

We did fit in there somewhere all the Lord of the Rings movies. With the benefit of hindsight, a lot of the action we saw in GOT and other series kinda, sorta started with those movies. I think.

Hopefully favorite assholes for awhile and if I am given the knock on the HoF door I will become so powerful I will instill that butt who's life I just ruined with a 13 minute TO in a Fireout is just is roast. If you plan on making a run at me then charge. Like at minmium a friendly nod on the streets. Can't do that? Well I have another team to deal with that. Also power hungry people annoy me.

Hopefully favorite assholes for awhile and if I am given the knock on the HoF door I will become so powerful I will instill that butt who's life I just ruined with a 13 minute TO in a Fireout is just is roast. If you plan on making a run at me then charge. Like at minmium a friendly nod on the streets. Can't do that? Well I have another team to deal with that. Also power hungry people annoy me.
McCoudersport, is that you?

Carole Baskin's alibi even though it isn't Don Lewis and he hadn't yet chopped himself up yet in a meat grinder and fed himself to her people

Yeah those Tiger People arent too brite they were lightin up facebook with juulery they helped Puba snatch from those zoo keepers

I will give Eli snd 4head Kkkrew a chance- all that we're saying is give Yankee North Jersey Giant kkkrew a chance

I agree.

I never had HBO before but recently I've gotten HBOMax. I have Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire in waiting but I started with The Wire. I gotta say I'm not disappointed. This might be the closest thing to the street I've ever seen. No fake drama, just real s--t.

Currently I'm binge watching James Franklin's 20-18 loss to 24 point underdog Illinois at home. It's like a train wreck/dumpster fire that you simply can't take your eyes off of.

60 Days In on Vice…holy $h1t what is wrong with these people choosing to do this??

Anyone ever watch "Locked Up Abroad" series? Pretty harrowing in many cases.

They hire actors to do little acted snippets that are narrated by the actual person who got arrested and jailed overseas. Often it is South America for smuggling drugs. Their jail time is incredible and just the worst imaginable. Reminds me of the old movie Papillon.

papillion_390.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT