ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting West Virginia flips Penn State stander WR commit Devin Carter

A free education isn't close to what they bring in for Penn State.
Clearly. You missed my point. There are over 40,000 students going to PSU paying about $20 grand a year to go there. That's over $800 million a year the university gets in tuition money. That's MUCH MUCH more than the football program brings in. Those students get nothing while someone who can run fast gets 6-7 figure deals? No NIL deals for the "Average Joe." Instead local businesses pass that NIL deal money onto local consumers in the form of higher prices, right? I mean, no smart businessman is just giving it away. There's always a cost of doing business. It's just a giant fleece job.

Clearly. You missed my point. There are over 40,000 students going to PSU paying about $20 grand a year to go there. That's over $800 million a year the university gets in tuition money. That's MUCH MUCH more than the football program brings in. Those students get nothing while someone who can run fast gets 6-7 figure deals? No NIL deals for the "Average Joe." Instead local businesses pass that NIL deal money onto local consumers in the form of higher prices, right? I mean, no smart businessman is just giving it away. There's always a cost of doing business. It's just a giant fleece job.
Is is a joke?

I have 2 thoughts.

1. I thought this kid filled a need or 2 (tall, down field threat with experience) so I hate to have him, not have him.

2. I think our WRs impressed enough in the Rose that the staff isn't backing up the Brinks truck.

I've said it before: there isn't an NFL quality rising Junior out there YET. While we may want one or two of these guys, we don't have to over reach to get them.

If we can pull Cephas during the May period, that's who the staff wanted originally. He's got some of the better production amongst these guys to boot.

Reactions: marshall23

Are there any deals for the average Joe's in life?

Reactions: LMTLION
I would agree but not completely. Many collegiate football programs would still run in the red. Many non revenue generating collegiate programs do not require expensive facilities, salaries etc. wrestling, volleyball, field hockey, baseball, lacrosse, swimming, diving etc ..probably the biggest expense is travel and lodging for away games and tournaments and the number of events requiring travel are not that many. Shared facilities are common...strength and conditioning and rehab facilities... example BJC.

Example of one exception: Hockey 🏒. For those sports find a corporate sugar daddy.... The ice cube... Pegula. (Perhaps the sugar daddy approach should be fostered more for all non revenue sports.)

Alum have bitched about the BJC not being perfect for some of the sports played there. But it's damn smart business. In the end, it is the play that matters.... Great play makes an imperfect environment a much better environment.

Pimping passionate alumni sugar daddies is a great way to acquire funding for non revenue sports.
Sugar mommy cougars might even be better. 😆

NCState board's take was Carter dropped the psu offer. They implied he drops a lot of passes.

Seems there's some smoke out there about a "significant" contribution to the PSU NIL consortium.
I've not seen or heard anything announced. Has anyone else "gotten wind" of this or is it just someone passing wind?

NCState board's take was Carter dropped the psu offer. They implied he drops a lot of passes.
While nothing is guaranteed.....there's still a great deal of optimism that Cephas will circle back and consider PSU come graduation.

I saw an article on a WVU site that indicated that Carter was having "second thoughts" and that he grew up near the Mounties leading receiver from last year who is heading to the NFL.

The quote that got me was "WVU lost 150+ catches from their receivers. " Supposedly THAT is why he flipped. No mention of $$$.

Yeah right ✅️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT