ADVERTISEMENT

Well, this Super Bowl is ruined

I would NEVER root for that cry baby pissy pants fan base. Their whining after last year’s NFC title game was enough for me.
That NFC championship game last season became a joke when QB injuries forced the Niners to use McCaffrey at QB. No team is gonna win under those circumstances. But I will add that injuries are part of the game, so I didn't cry or whine about it.

All of that being said, your average Niner fan got over whatever angst he or she had about the Eagles on December 3, 2023. Niners 42, Eagles 19.

• Haha
Reactions: EPC FAN
What the hell does Scientology have to do with The Simpsons? Are you a Scientology victim?
The biggest whale(scientology member and money donater) in all of Hollywood is militant scientologist Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson since the beginning. And yes, I am close friends with more than one person who has lost their families to the Cult.

The biggest whale(scientology member and money donater) in all of Hollywood is militant scientologist Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson since the beginning. And yes, I am close friends with more than one person who has lost their families to the Cult.
Does that mean the entire show is polluted and evil? I don’t think so.

Who cares? It's her money and her life. People that get sucked into a cult like that can only blame themselves.

Reactions: johnmpsu
I want to vomit as well, but call me a conspiracy theorist… there is no way the nfl does not get their Swifty golden goose into the Super Bowl.
If that’s the case, then you must have vomited when the NFL did all it could to get the Bills to the playoffs. See the Giants games for evidence.

If that’s the case, then you must have vomited when the NFL did all it could to get the Bills to the playoffs. See the Giants games for evidence.
I agree! That was awful. Sometimes I wonder if the nfl is more like professional wrestling than we want to admit.

Someone asked if anyone is not going to watch their games because of showing Taylor Swift several times a game. I answered honestly. I didn't watch their games except the playoff game yesterday. I wasn't attacking KC fans so no need to attack me for simply answering a question honestly. I just don't like celebrities who feel the need to self-promote. Don't they already have enough attention?
So you are saying Taylor is telling the networks to show her? I doubt it.

Did I say that? Yesterday they were fortunate the Bill's defense was riddled with injuries and there was not a competent kicker who could have finally shown them the door.
Injuries are part of the game last I checked. There also was 1:43 left on the clock after Bass missed the game tying FG. Plenty of time for Mahomes to take them down the field for a FG.

Lol, sure it was. I hope Taylor is getting the exposure out of it so that she could possibly become famous (or maybe even sell out a concert or two if she wanted to go on tour).
Lmao. Ya she needs the exposure so she can get to the next billion lol. Some people complain about everything

Pretty soon you're going to be paying $499.99 to even watch the Super Bowl. And as long as they have a dancing bear like Taylor Swift to bring in even more viewers who don't know a punt from a bunt and are willing to fork over the money you'll have 260 million viewers rogering up to drop whatever it costs to watch. So that's what, $130 billion? Sounds about right to me. If I was Travis Kelce or Pat Mahomes or the last guy on the taxi squad I'd want $35 million bonus, minimum. A star like PM or even Andy Reid should realize $2 billion each.

I notice State Farm is not only the major sponsor of the game but also the major sponsor of the wrapup shows. You can't look at the screen without seeing State Farm's logo at least twice. Seeing as three of the guys on one of the final four teams have a lucrative deal with State Farm, of course the Chiefs are going to walk to the SB and probably win it handily. These companies aren't pouring all this cash down the hatch for the Chiefs to lose. This is all a foregone conclusion.
If the Chiefs don't make it to the Super Bowl, or they lose the Super Bowl, will you be back here saying you were wrong to accuse folks of game-fixing conspiracies, or will you just move on to the next conspiracy?

I could see the NFL paying HER to bring more younger viewers into their audience.

The people here complaining about her overexposure are not the target demographic IMO.
I don’t think any of this was planned, but wouldn’t be surprised to find out it was. Yes, I am that cynical anymore.

But the NFL will and has taken full advantage of it. Really helps the grow their audience.

An earlier post said she had a concert in Tokyo Saturday night before the game. I am not a time traveler but Tokyo is twelve hrs or so ahead of the game location. So she could end the show around 11 PM, get on a jet, and make a grand entrance to the SB. Wouldn’t that be something?

The issue is that she is a celebrity who appears to be seeking even more attention. And it isn't enough that teenage girls and their moms are her only audience.
Who cares if a celebrity wants more attention? Good forthem
You're bitching about nothing here
Jason Kelce is getting way more attention than Taylor

If the Chiefs don't make it to the Super Bowl, or they lose the Super Bowl, will you be back here saying you were wrong to accuse folks of game-fixing conspiracies, or will you just move on to the next conspiracy?
If they make the SB, that's about all the mileage they can squeeze out of it this year so win/lose doesn't matter too much in the Big Game. I held on to the fair outcome belief for a long time. I have friends who bought the predetermined outcome narrative long ago. I said they were nuts. I used to scoff but now I'm rethinking it. Just too many weird shenanigans this season with too many astonishing calls and the KC sideshow act. I'm starting to question the fairness. Some outcomes are certainly more desirable than others for the good of the order and I'm sure the officials are made aware.

You have to admit this whole soap-opera sideshow is a ratings bonanza. Why wouldn't they ride this pony into the ground? Again, I don't care how many times they put the camera on her. It could be Swift or any other modern day Elvis. She goosed ratings and merch sales astronomically. That's kinda what she supposed to be doing. Wouldn't shock me if the NFL struck some kinda deal with her people. Why not?

Look at MLB. Nobody at the network or MLB wanted TX and AZ, it was a ratings disaster. So what happened? In the winter meetings they wanted to re-jigger the playoffs so this doesn't happen again and the big market division winners have an easier ride. This is a business. They're getting the most juice they can out of it. I think people would be naive to think there couldn't be anything underhanded going on. Put your trust in the NFL league offices, sure. They'd never lie to you.

Can Baltimore beat KC? Certainly. But if it's close...I'd want to be on KC.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
If they make the SB, that's about all the mileage they can squeeze out of it this year so win/lose doesn't matter too much in the Big Game. I held on to the fair outcome belief for a long time. I have friends who bought the predetermined outcome narrative long ago. I said they were nuts. I used to scoff but now I'm rethinking it. Just too many weird shenanigans this season with too many astonishing calls and the KC sideshow act. I'm starting to question the fairness. Some outcomes are certainly more desirable than others for the good of the order and I'm sure the officials are made aware.

You have to admit this whole soap-opera sideshow is a ratings bonanza. Why wouldn't they ride this pony into the ground? Again, I don't care how many times they put the camera on her. It could be Swift or any other modern day Elvis. She goosed ratings and merch sales astronomically. That's kinda what she supposed to be doing. Wouldn't shock me if the NFL struck some kinda deal with her people. Why not?

Look at MLB. Nobody at the network or MLB wanted TX and AZ, it was a ratings disaster. So what happened? In the winter meetings they wanted to re-jigger the playoffs so this doesn't happen again and the big market division winners have an easier ride. This is a business. They're getting the most juice they can out of it. I think people would be naive to think there couldn't be anything underhanded going on. Put your trust in the NFL league offices, sure. They'd never lie to you.

Can Baltimore beat KC? Certainly. But if it's close...I'd want to be on KC.

I asked a simple question and didn't get a straightforward response ... well, I got something to half of it. Let me restate, taking out the part you addressed ... If the Chiefs don't make the Super Bowl, will you be back here saying you were wrong to accuse folks of game-fixing conspiracies, or will you just move on to the next conspiracy?

The Taylor Swift saga highlights the issue. So now Taylor Swift can't date anyone on a successful sports franchise ... or it's proof that the league is fixing games? That's bonkers. Just because the NFL benefits from the exposure doesn't mean they're fixing outcomes.

As to the MLB ... you highlighted a reason you're wrong ... I'm pretty sure, before this year, MLB knew bigger market squads brought more eyeballs, and they knew more eyeballs means more money ... so why wouldn't they have rigged this past season? That makes no sense. Every offseason big market teams spend gobs of money .. so big market teams spending gobs of money doesn't tend to prove anything about outcome-fixing. "Re-jiggering" the playoffs was the result of the better teams ... not the big-market teams ... not having success in the playoffs. The Red Sox are one of the most compelling franchises, and a "big market" squad ... and they are continuing to tighten their pocketbooks. Apparently, they didn't get the season-fixing memo.

OK, if the Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl I'll say the games aren't fixed.

MLB chased the dollar when they expanded the playoffs and now it's not working out the way they wanted. So instead of waiting more than two years to see how things eventually land, right away they want to change it again.

OK, if the Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl I'll say the games aren't fixed.

MLB chased the dollar when they expanded the playoffs and now it's not working out the way they wanted. So instead of waiting more than two years to see how things eventually land, right away they want to change it again.
MLB was looking to tweak things to try and make the 162 game season more meaningful...I think they should be looking for ways for a team that shows they are better over 162 games. Landing in a best-of-3 game series to determine their fate against a team that they beat by 10-20 games during the regular season during a high-variance sport like baseball might not be the best option, and thankfully they are looking to improve things if there are options.

Sadly, I think a lot of outcomes are now fixed. It's not just the B1G, other conferences, the playoff cabal/committee selections, and the NFL trying to engineer outcomes (sometimes more successfully and more transparently than others). It's government picking winners and losers. It's corrupted government agencies furthering self-interests. It's big money manipulation in stocks. It's the uber rich and/or well-connected doing things for which accountability is never held (to the extreme of covering up for child molestation such as Epstein's clint list not being exposed). It's the media pushing their narrative instead of reporting actual events and colluding with those who benefit.

We can be naive and we all were at one time. But at some point, we all see enough of engineered results to know that to a relatively high degree, it is being controlled, manipulated, even planned and executed.
Jesus Christ, you really find a way to bring politics and conspiracies into everything.

I always used to love on the gambling forums when you're get the sports conspiracy theorists. They could look back in hindsight and find reasons why everything happened...no call was ever just a bad call or bad luck, it always was some sort of a grand conspiracy. And without fail, every single time, it went against the team they were rooting for or bet on.

And then when their conspiracy calls happened in advance and inevitably failed, it would be crickets.

Reactions: knickslions
MLB was looking to tweak things to try and make the 162 game season more meaningful...I think they should be looking for ways for a team that shows they are better over 162 games. Landing in a best-of-3 game series to determine their fate against a team that they beat by 10-20 games during the regular season during a high-variance sport like baseball might not be the best option, and thankfully they are looking to improve things if there are options.
I don't have a problem with that. The big gripe teams have is with the bye and the extra week off. I know arms have to stay sharp, and that's why there are bullpen sessions. Without taking this too far off topic (admittedly I brought baseball into this), let's wait past two seasons of this playoff format and bye teams losing before we jump on the panic button and change it all again.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, you really find a way to bring politics and conspiracies into everything.

I always used to love on the gambling forums when you're get the sports conspiracy theorists. They could look back in hindsight and find reasons why everything happened...no call was ever just a bad call or bad luck, it always was some sort of a grand conspiracy. And without fail, every single time, it went against the team they were rooting for or bet on.

And then when their conspiracy calls happened in advance and inevitably failed, it would be crickets.
If we are lucky he will storm out again for a few months before coming back with another handle. I’ve never seen someone waste more time on political shit on a sports site.

If we are lucky he will storm out again for a few months before coming back with another handle. I’ve never seen someone waste more time on political shit on a sports site.
I do love the "I didn't bring politics into anything" bit after saying "It's government picking winners and losers. It's corrupted government agencies furthering self-interests. It's big money manipulation in stocks. It's the uber rich and/or well-connected doing things for which accountability is never held (to the extreme of covering up for child molestation such as Epstein's client list not being exposed). It's the media pushing their narrative instead of reporting actual events and colluding with those who benefit."...perfectly on point for a thread about the NFL and Taylor Swift.

I guess I'm "naive" enough that I should believe that he's trying to convey that both sides of the aisle/government/media are causing these problems.

I won't and didn't watch the Chiefs regular season games because of it. Get her off the screen. As if celebrities don't have enough fame and screen time. I watch football to, well, watch football. I don't want football with a side of

Fixing it is easy. Just keep the losers aka wildcards out of the so called playoffs. Sadly you can't do that because if you did you would lose all those fans saying, "so you're telling me there is a chance". MLB can't go back to just 2 leagues, too many teams, but they can go back to 4 divisions per league with only winners advancing. That seemed to work pretty well.

Reactions: WaylonJ
Fixing it is easy. Just keep the losers aka wildcards out of the so called playoffs. Sadly you can't do that because if you did you would lose all those fans saying, "so you're telling me there is a chance". MLB can't go back to just 2 leagues, too many teams, but they can go back to 4 divisions per league with only winners advancing. That seemed to work pretty well.
Better solution since that will never work as the SEC/BIG are not even remotely comparable to everyone else. Break FBS into levels and predetermine the number that get in. Top 4 in Big Ten and SEC for example.
Too many people on this site want only conference winners which will never happen. MLB is the only sport in even makes sense in.

I even liked the 4 teams per league (3 division winners and the one Wild Card)...and then you can play a 7 game series. And in that format, I'd even seed the teams based on records vs automatically making the division winners the top 3, since it's pretty likely that the Wild Card team is better than at least one division winner.

Sadly, I think a lot of outcomes are now fixed. It's not just the B1G, other conferences, the playoff cabal/committee selections, and the NFL trying to engineer outcomes (sometimes more successfully and more transparently than others). It's government picking winners and losers. It's corrupted government agencies furthering self-interests. It's big money manipulation in stocks. It's the uber rich and/or well-connected doing things for which accountability is never held (to the extreme of covering up for child molestation such as Epstein's client list not being exposed). It's the media pushing their narrative instead of reporting actual events and colluding with those who benefit.

We can be naive and we all were at one time. But at some point, we all see enough of engineered results to know that to a relatively high degree, it is being controlled, manipulated, even planned and executed.
You seem sane.

Online Persona
Ah, so the guy who posted this in his "goodbye, cruel world" post:

"Penn State is my passion. But I will pursue it elsewhere. Best to all of you. I will not be threatened by a political moderator that is barely in his 20s for threads that I had started awhile back that others have made political on the football board."

And now he's back, being political again?

Lost in all your comments was the product on field last Sunday and how well the Chief played. The Chiefs went to Buffalo to win and they did. The rest is noise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT