ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome BWI.rivals.com afterlife

Burn it down to the ground.
iu

damn best kept secret ever…..not even a rumor of this transition…cool now we have two sites to express our valued opinions and advice.
It looks like much of the BWI staff and the brand moved to the new site. It was likely intentional to not say that this site would continue to exist so they could pilfer as many users as possible. I had assumed there would continue to be a Rivals board, the big question was whether or not the users would stay or go.

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
It looks like much of the BWI staff and the brand moved to the new site. It was likely intentional to not say that this site would continue to exist so they could pilfer as many users as possible. I had assumed there would continue to be a Rivals board, the big question was whether or not the users would stay or go.
My thoughts, exactly. I just posted over at On3 asking which site everyone is going to use. I really don’t want to be switching between the two. Plus, since @TheGLOV is on both ;), it really doesn’t matter.

My thoughts, exactly. I just posted over at On3 asking which site everyone is going to use. I really don’t want to be switching between the two. Plus, since @TheGLOV is on both ;), it really doesn’t matter.
I've "registered" over there, but none of it is accessible without paying the $1/yr... which, out of principle, I will not do. Thus... I'm stuck here, I guess, for better or worse

Reactions: Richie O and psuno1
Why can’t we just stay on this website? Is there any benefit to the other site? Personally, the insider information I have seen about Penn State football is not on BWI but rather on Instagram and 247, so I would prefer not to change websites unless absolutely needed.

I've "registered" over there, but none of it is accessible without paying the $1/yr... which, out of principle, I will not do. Thus... I'm stuck here, I guess, for better or worse
I have registered and have posted on the new site and did not need to give any more information than my email address. In particular, the $1 per year thing, I had no need to do that.

You had no need to spend $1? Christ….I bet you were giving out raisins last night
It’s not about the $1. You need to give out your credit card number and it will be automatically re-upped in 12 months, $50 or $99, I forget what it was exactly. Believe me, it’s a pain in the ass to try to get these charges stopped. I’ve recently retired and have a lot of educational apps that just got re-upped and it’s a hassle and a half to get these things stopped. If I can do it for free with zero hassle, why shouldn’t I? I’m not an idiot.

I gave out individual Reese’s PBCs and Kit Kats last night, not that that’s any of your business.

Due to contractual agreements, nothing could be said until Nov. 1st, but welcome to the rebranded BWI aka Nittany Nation. Open to any and all questions, comments, concerns and recommended food spots in State College.

Reactions: Ski
It’s not about the $1. You need to give out your credit card number and it will be automatically re-upped in 12 months, $50 or $99, I forget what it was exactly. Believe me, it’s a pain in the ass to try to get these charges stopped. I’ve recently retired and have a lot of educational apps that just got re-upped and it’s a hassle and a half to get these things stopped. If I can do it for free with zero hassle, why shouldn’t I? I’m not an idiot.

I gave out individual Reese’s PBCs and Kit Kats last night, not that that’s any of your business.
It's not difficult, just need to remember to cancel before the renewal. I have calendar reminders for every auto-renewal subscription I pay for that way I can keep tabs on all of them. But you don't need to be a paid member, the new site has a free board.

Reactions: LionJim

mmmmmmm...Kit Kats...

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT