ADVERTISEMENT

Football Week 1 Other Games Thread

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Thought we would start another thread to talk about the other games across the country this week. What's everyone watching tonight?

Sparty looking about how I expected so far in this game.

Who is the Carter kid? I was shocked he was leading snaps over Berger, but he looks pretty good. Not sure why they aren't pounding with him.

Kim starting off poor. Thorne's departure along with Coleman is severe so far.

Who is the Carter kid? I was shocked he was leading snaps over Berger, but he looks pretty good. Not sure why they aren't pounding with him.

Kim starting off poor. Thorne's departure along with Coleman is severe so far.
UConn transfer who averaged 5.2 ypc last season and rushed for nearly 1,000 yards.Really nice player originally out of Rochester, New York.

Reactions: lazydave841
Really surprised that TCU-Colorado and Tennessee-Virginia are good games thus far.
People wanted Prime to fail because they hated his approach. I don't think they'll win but them hanging around isn't surprising. UVa is playing on emotion from the shooting last year...that was a game to stay away from if you're a better.

Really surprised that TCU-Colorado and Tennessee-Virginia are good games thus far.

People wanted Prime to fail because they hated his approach. I don't think they'll win but them hanging around isn't surprising. UVa is playing on emotion from the shooting last year...that was a game to stay away from if you're a better.

TCU and UT lost a lot. I think that's more to do with it than anything.

TCU and UT lost a lot. I think that's more to do with it than anything.
That's fair but Tennessee and TCU were still both supposed to be significantly better. Wouldn't be shocked if both win by 3 scores but early on it's competitive.

That's fair but Tennessee and TCU were still both supposed to be significantly better. Wouldn't be shocked if both win by 3 scores but early on it's competitive.

Tennessee is a rhythm offense. Would have been 14-0 if not for a drop early then they went cold until last couple drives. Score will likely get ugly in 89° Nashville heat.

TCU was a surprise last year. Then they graduated a lot. Kudos to Sanders though. He's got em playing. Poor Hunter gonna be gassed tho. 60+ snaps already.

Reactions: Online Persona
I see Tennessee is playing UVA to begin the season in Nashville. Interesting that they were approved to play in Vanderbilt’s backyard.

Has PSU ever considered hosting a “neutral site” game in Pittsburgh or Philly? I think it’d be different since us and Temple actually play at those stadiums.

Tennessee beating up on another weak ACC team. Just like they did last season.........

I see Tennessee is playing UVA to begin the season in Nashville. Interesting that they were approved to play in Vanderbilt’s backyard.

Has PSU ever considered hosting a “neutral site” game in Pittsburgh or Philly? I think it’d be different since us and Temple actually play at those stadiums.
We have a 107,000 fan stadium so why would we?

Prime at a high profile school would be deadly. Someone will give that man a blank check in a couple years.

Can he take his son and Hunter with him next year? That's my question.

Hunter with a pick, ended that TCU drive. Saved the TD running down the RB on the big run earlier in that drive. Bad throw though.

Can he take his son and Hunter with him next year? That's my question.

Hunter with a pick, ended that TCU drive. Saved the TD running down the RB on the big run earlier in that drive. Bad throw though.
Those 2 are huge but kids will want to play for him. I understand why many fans don't like his approach and want him to fail but, win or lose, I'm sold on him.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Hunter might be worth his $1.5 million NIL value. Could he be better than Marvin Harrison? He's quite an athlete but TCU defense is horrible so who knows?

Prime at a high profile school would be deadly. Someone will give that man a blank check in a couple years.
Exciting back & forth. Colorado looks legitimate offensively - Sanders (QB - really good), Edwards (RB - fast and patient), Horn, Jr (WR with speed, hands & blocks).
The OC, Sean Lewis is calling a great game.
Hunter on their defense is special. Not sure how their DL will hold up against a stronger running team.

When we have a neutral stadium with 107,000 people we will consider it

Oklahoma trying to relive its old Big 8 days running up scores on small teams. Now 73-0 over Arkansas State.

Reactions: bdgan
Oklahoma trying to relive its old Big 8 days running up scores on small teams. Now 73-0 over Arkansas State.
Pretty much all the early games today have been garbage. Colorado-TCU and Fresno State-Purdue are the only interesting ones. Arkansas State will gladly take the beat down for the payday.

Exciting back & forth. Colorado looks legitimate offensively - Sanders (QB - really good), Edwards (RB - fast and patient), Horn, Jr (WR with speed, hands & blocks).
The OC, Sean Lewis is calling a great game.
Hunter on their defense is special. Not sure how their DL will hold up against a stronger running team.
Colorado is going to need 600 yds of offense to win.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT