ADVERTISEMENT

We have been in this bloody conference for 26 seasons.

harbest

Sep 26, 2001
Someone enlighten me as to a time we could look down or at worse, eye to eye with Ohio State or Michigan .I'm talking about results ON the field, not morals or academics.

Someone enlighten me as to a time we could look down or at worse, eye to eye with Ohio State or Michigan .I'm talking about results ON the field, not morals or academics.
When was Michigan’s last B1G title? How many has PSU won since then? 2004. Penn State has 3 since then. Oh yea, the Lions suffered unwarranted, illegitimate sanctions that near killed the program. What’s Michigan’s problem? They suffered none of that.

We sure have our share of pansies on this board. harbest being one of the prime examples.

Despite being in a foul moud like many others after last night's loss, I think big picture....We are in a very good position to compete at a very high level for years to come!

I respect Michigan but don't embarrass them by putting them in the same sentence as OSU. OSU will destroy Michigan this year, something in the 45-17 range I would imagine. To answer the question directly, I guess we all have short memories, towards the end of JVP's career we beat Michigan, IIRC 4 years in a row, circa 2008-2011. Several were blow outs.

Reactions: jjsocrates
Prediction - PSU is going to curb stomp meatchicken IN ANN ARBOR. We only have tosu ahead of us....time to put even more distance between Jimmy’s shitcan program and our rear view mirror.

You could start in 1994. We beat then #21 OSU 63-14 and took out #5 Michigan at the Big House. In the 1995 NFL draft, 3 of the 1st 9 players taken were from Penn State.

Last edited:
You could start in 1994. We beat then #21 OSU 63-14 and took out #5 Michigan at the Big House. In the 1995 NFL draft, 3 of the 1st 9 players were from Penn State.

Ok let's start in 1994. 2005, 2008, 2016. We've been in the mix 4 out of 26 years. If you are happy with that, more power to you. When we joined in 1993, I thought we would win the Big Ten title once every 2-3 years. We should have at least 10 by now.

Ok let's start in 1994. 2005, 2008, 2016. We've been in the mix 4 out of 26 years. If you are happy with that, more power to you. When we joined in 1993, I thought we would win the Big Ten title once every 2-3 years. We should have at least 10 by now.

Most thought we would dominate the conference, but this conference was, is, and always will be, about 2 teams, and we're not one of them. The reasons for that are many and varied, but just looking at the makeup of our division and I think we will always play 3rd fiddle to OSU and Michigan. I can live with that, but many here cannot.

Most thought we would dominate the conference, but this conference was, is, and always will be, about 2 teams, and we're not one of them. The reasons for that are many and varied, but just looking at the makeup of our division and I think we will always play 3rd fiddle to OSU and Michigan. I can live with that, but many here cannot.
We are above Michigan. OSU has our high beams in their rear view mirror. Those fu*&#$% know we are coming like a ton of bricks.

We may be in an important transition now.

Of course it’s great to have Franklin’s energy and focus on excellence in every area.

However there is another benefit that may give Penn State an additional boost in recruiting. PSU can offer more of the studs in the DC/MD/N VA the opportunity to play at PSU and be seen locally via the Big Ten’s expanded TV Contracts.

Competition for the top regional talent is fierce. But, that coverage may give the Lions a bit of an edge that other powers in the Eastern US may not have, like Bama, GA and Clemson.

ACC teams will have some regional coverage, but the BTN, ESPN, ABC, Fox and FS1 coverages will likely include every BT game.

So you're happy getting bitch slapped by the Buckeyes 3 out of every 4 years? I'm not.

Bitch slapped? Dude...here's a really tough question for you. We've lost twice to Ohio State over the past 2 games by a combined total of HOW MANY points?

Hint: use your pinky finger and thumb.

Reactions: colt21
Bitch slapped? Dude...here's a really tough question for you. We've lost twice to Ohio State over the past 2 games by a combined total of HOW MANY points?

Maybe he should play harder or coach harder...oh that’s right, he doesn’t do either of those things so what he’s sick of really doesn’t mean squat.

When Joe was Joe we and he were as good as anyone, but after winning the Big Ten in his second year in the conference Joe let up on his recruiting and by the late 90's we were a good but diminished team and stayed that way until after Joe and the sanctions pushed us back further. Meanwhile Ohio State, albeit with less than admirable people as coaches, pushed forward on all cylinders and has dominated the conference. Starting from way behind Franklin has made us the second most successful team, not yet elite, but a long way from where the program was for a long time. He has some improving to do as a game do as a game day coach but look where we came from. I look forward to a bright future.

Were you just born 2 years ago? Google history back to 1993 and see what I' "bitchin" about.

So you're happy getting bitch slapped by the Buckeyes 3 out of every 4 years? I'm not.

2015 was Saquon’s break out game. 196 yards versus the Buckeyes, at Columbus. The game was lost, but it was a beginning. 2016 was a tough game the Lions won by 3. 2017 was another tough game at Columbus, 39-38 loss. Saturday was another slugfest, 27-26 loss. Yep, lost 3 of 4. Tell me more about bitch slappings.

I can't say we ever could with respect to Meatchicken. Our first meeting was in 1993, and they've had the Big Ten Referines in their hip pocket. But something good came out of it. Instant Replay. As for Ahiya State the series was even in 2011. Then the bull$hit sanctions hit. In conclusion our dick isn't quite big enough yet but we're exercising. More so than them.

I actually like that fight song. I respect Alabama. They play hard every game. They are extremely disciplined, no cheap shots or trash talking, either. They aren’t fancy. They line up and execute. If you like football you appreciate how they play. Oh, I like those plain, worn them forever, uniforms.
Had a great talk with older Bama fans at the Grand Canyon yesterday. They pay attention and see us coming. 70 year old Bama fan knew more about Franklin recruiting the South than most here do.

Patience will pay dividends.

I respect Michigan but don't embarrass them by putting them in the same sentence as OSU. OSU will destroy Michigan this year, something in the 45-17 range I would imagine. To answer the question directly, I guess we all have short memories, towards the end of JVP's career we beat Michigan, IIRC 4 years in a row, circa 2008-2011. Several were blow outs.
That one's never a guarantee. I recall the Snow Bowl when at the end of the game our O-line was pushing Michigan back 5 yards on each play. I thought they'd never be in the game vs tOSU the following week. And then Biakabatuka ran for 383 yards....

Well, 8 of those years were the Dark years and the angry mob witch hunt.

That one's never a guarantee. I recall the Snow Bowl when at the end of the game our O-line was pushing Michigan back 5 yards on each play. I thought they'd never be in the game vs tOSU the following week. And then Biakabatuka ran for 383 yards....
Cooper couldn't beat Michigan to save his life.

1978, 1982, 1994
Not to mention times when atrocious calls literally cost us wins over OSU and Michigan. And yes, I understand calls go both ways. But some have been so bad I’ve been tempted to give up on sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT