ADVERTISEMENT

We have a new fb coach

why is a DUI from 2 yrs ago troubling ? Do you think he walked into Frankins office with a bottle of Jack ?

Unlike many of the posters on this board, in the outside world, people make mistakes. I’m betting he owned up to it, made his redemption, and Is on a good path now.

Good for him. And way to go, judging people. I’m sure your record is spotless. Oh ...stop cheating on your taxes. Stop driving over the speed limit. And you better not EVER take a drink again if you are driving. EVER.

why is a DUI from 2 yrs ago troubling ? Do you think he walked into Frankins office with a bottle of Jack ?

Unlike many of the posters on this board, in the outside world, people make mistakes. I’m betting he owned up to it, made his redemption, and Is on a good path now.

Good for him. And way to go, judging people. I’m sure your record is spotless. Oh ...stop cheating on your taxes. Stop driving over the speed limit. And you better not EVER take a drink again if you are driving. EVER.
Being from Eastern Kentucky I'd expect more class than Jack Daniels!! More likely Makers Mark, or maybe even some shine from a neighbor up the hollar.

MartyPSU said “We all get one mistake.” I don’t view a DUI as casually as everyone “gets one mistake.” Are you of the opinion that the first DUI should be treated as a freebie?

It generally is. A person completes ARD and boom it’s expunged. Like it never happened.

No, they shouldn't be treated as a freebie. When Parker got his DUI was he punished according to the law? If so then he didn't get a freebie, either. What do you think should happen to somebody who gets a DUI? Should they be allowed to rejoin the workforce? I don't get what your problem is here.

MartyPSU said everyone gets one mistake. I said my opinion must be different than his because I don’t view getting one DUI as an acceptable freebie. What do you not get about me voicing that my opinion is different than his?

Some are way overboard about a DUi. It is a serious offense and I'm confident Franklin dug into everything surrounding it from why it occurred to how it has changed Parker. I know three people close to me who have gotten a DUI at some point in their life and all are leading responsible lives in their careers and families.

MartyPSU said everyone gets one mistake. I said my opinion must be different than his because I don’t view getting one DUI as an acceptable freebie. What do you not get about me voicing that my opinion is different than his?

How does your opinion relate to Parker in the context of him being hired as the WR coach? Do you have a problem with him being hired based on his DUI?

Every "body" is different.... and ANY chart is at best an approximation.

FWIW: Here is another one that would put the DUI limit for a typical human just about where I mentioned.

But, OBVIOUSLY :) , the exercise is pointless because - as I mentioned - every "body" is different.
(Making it, obviously :) , the perfect circle-jerk discussion for a message board)

Everyone can have their own level of moral outrage.
I'll save mine for a situation that I think is more impactful.

PA .11 is a 2nd tier DUI - of 3. But it sounds like without some road construction he probably gets home fine without incident. I have no issue with the hire, it does not seem like he was someone with a "problem".

Reactions: JJTopp99

While it's a regrettable mistake, what is the ultimate cost to him? Should he never work again? Should he only be able to work at Wal-mart? Should the only football job he ever gets be either at Pitt or Northern Idaho or whatever?

I certainly don't condone drinking and driving. But luckily he didn't hit anybody, and he didn't murder or rape. It doesn't seem terribly out of line to give the guy another chance.

If I read this properly he was charged with a misdemeanor, right? Not that it’s not a deal at all, but I’m OK with it.

Welcome coach. Hope you brought some stick 'em, bc our guys need it !! :)

602a0b7d359bb411936688a51152499f.jpg

While it's a regrettable mistake, what is the ultimate cost to him? Should he never work again? Should he only be able to work at Wal-mart? Should the only football job he ever gets be either at Pitt or Northern Idaho or whatever?

I certainly don't condone drinking and driving. But luckily he didn't hit anybody, and he didn't murder or rape. It doesn't seem terribly out of line to give the guy another chance.

Why do we need to tear down a school like Northern Idaho and lump them in with Pitt? Really uncalled for..

How does your opinion relate to Parker in the context of him being hired as the WR coach? Do you have a problem with him being hired based on his DUI?

Well what is your opinion on them?

My opinion was completely unrelated to the hire of Parker. You asked me my opinion of DUIs so I gave it in reference to MartyPSUs quote which was what you were asking about.

I already stated that I hope there’s no baggage that comes along with this. Do you think a DUI could never be brought up in a recruit’s living room?

.11?

One 3 oz. shot would probably get an average person to that level (granted, that is a rather large shot).
I've had more than that to drink at a party before I took my coat off (as have most other folks)

.11 is nearly one-and-a-half times the legal limit. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

My opinion was completely unrelated to the hire of Parker. You asked me my opinion of DUIs so I gave it in reference to MartyPSUs quote which was what you were asking about.

I already stated that I hope there’s no baggage that comes along with this. Do you think a DUI could never be brought up in a recruit’s living room?

Dude, you have no idea what the big time college football recruiting looks like if you think a DUI would be a sticking point

I doubt there are any recruits that care. The parents might have a question for Franklin but not going to affect their decision.

What a bunch of passive-aggressive BS. What's your solution? What penalty would you have him pay? Are there any transgressions that you would permit in a future Penn State coach?

Here is Parker making obscene gestures to a female fan. Do you think this could never be brought up in a recruit's living room?

Really, the DUI he got while out with his wife and another family is troubling? I bet 99.99% of the posters on this board have been in that situation before. To be at .08 and under .115 (i believe ) is not troubling. It is a sad mistake the guy made.
You've only driven drunk if you've been caught or killed someone. People here and their high horses.

He should never be able to host the Oscars.

.11 is nearly one-and-a-half times the legal limit. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
Thing is the legal limit keeps dropping. Next it's going to be .05, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Let's just go back to prohibition why don't we. The MADD lobbying is the reason for most of this. That's fine except that its past president was caught for a DUI. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Thing is the legal limit keeps dropping. Next it's going to be .05, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Let's just go back to prohibition why don't we. The MADD lobbying is the reason for most of this. That's fine except that its past president was caught for a DUI. Gotta love the hypocrisy.
They are also the geniuses behind nationwide drinking age of 21. Because prohibition worked so well for everyone why not just apply it to those most likely to put booze on a pedestal. Then if their parent tries to teach them about alcohol so they don't go off to college and kill themselves they throw the parent in jail for corrupting their child. Old enough to die for country, old enough to drink.

“Everybody has made mistakes,” Cutcliffe said. “This is one I felt very strongly about. This was an outlier. There are trends. There are people that have issues. He’s not one of those. I have zero concern. I know he’s comfortable with it, and I’m comfortable with it, that as we move forward that will not be any issue whatsoever.”

Should be good for one David Jones concern trolling column though.

jones is just looking out for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT