ADVERTISEMENT

We have a new fb coach

Jeep coached here Marshall. He recruited some good players out of Georgia, iirc.

What are his ties to Franklin? Surprised he hired someone with a DUI less than 2 years ago. This guy better have a good explanation like he hasn’t drank a drop since.

Any word on how his WR at Duke did this past year?

Also that DUI from 2 years ago is troubling...

Jeep coached here Marshall. He recruited some good players out of Georgia, iirc.
whoops it wasnt him with the Georgia ties, it was Todd Hartley just to be clear....

Parker comes to Marshall after spending the last three seasons as an assistant at the University of Tennessee-Martin and he will coach the Thundering Herd's receivers. He served as the passing game coordinator and recruiting coordinator for the Skyhawks last season and helped the offense average 240 passing yards and 393 total yards of offense per game.

Before being elevated to passing game coordinator and recruiting coordinator, he served as wide receivers coach during the 2009 season and helped UT-Martin lead the OVC in passing with 243 yards per game. He also served as UT-Martin's running backs coach during the 2008 campaign.

Prior to UT-Martin, Parker was a graduate assistant at the University of Kentucky from January of 2007 to March of 2008. He also taught and coached defensive backs and receivers at Raceland High School (Ky.) in 2005 and 2006.

Parker was a four-year letter-winner and played wide receiver at Kentucky from 2001-2004. During his collegiate career, he was twice named to the Southeastern Conference Scholar Athlete Honor Roll (2002 and 2003), selected as the "Most Inspirational Player" by his teammates (2004), and was the UK Football Scholar Athlete of the Year (2004).

Parker was born in Huntington and set state receiving records with 238 catches, 4,814 yards and 52 touchdowns at Lawrence County High School in Louisa, Ky.

Article about being hired at Duke

https://www.heraldsun.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article158590224.html

The 36-year-old Parker is available for this type of job because he’s facing criminal charges following a drunk driving arrest last Feb. 21. According to information posted on his Twitter account following the arrest, Parker said he was out with his wife and friends and believed he wasn’t beyond the legal limit to drive in Indiana.

But court records show West Lafayette, Indiana, police stopped Parker at 11:30 p.m. as he drove the wrong way down a one-way street. He was charged with a misdemeanor for operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol content of .08 percent but below .15.

Parker was jailed and released on bond. His jury trial was scheduled to begin Thursday but has been pushed back with a new date pending, according to court records.

“Everybody has made mistakes,” Cutcliffe said. “This is one I felt very strongly about. This was an outlier. There are trends. There are people that have issues. He’s not one of those. I have zero concern. I know he’s comfortable with it, and I’m comfortable with it, that as we move forward that will not be any issue whatsoever.”

Stole him from Duke...

iu

Well what is your opinion on them?

MartyPSU said “We all get one mistake.” I don’t view a DUI as casually as everyone “gets one mistake.” Are you of the opinion that the first DUI should be treated as a freebie?

MartyPSU said “We all get one mistake.” I don’t view a DUI as casually as everyone “gets one mistake.” Are you of the opinion that the first DUI should be treated as a freebie?

I agree with you that it should not be considered a mistake. It's a crime and I assume he was punished appropriately. I'm just not sure part of the punishment needs to include a career death sentence.

It was a .1
Zach Smith wakes up .15

Relax.

I think it is great he was a recruiting coordinator in the past. Regardless of how successful he was at it at Purdue, he knows the ropes.

I agree with you that it should not be considered a mistake. It's a crime and I assume he was punished appropriately. I'm just not sure part of the punishment needs to include a career death sentence.

I also agree. Just not sure why we hired someone with such recent baggage. I just hope Franklin found the diamond in the rough that can take us to the next level.

I also agree. Just not sure why we hired someone with such recent baggage. I just hope Franklin found the diamond in the rough that can take us to the next level.

“Everybody has made mistakes,” Cutcliffe said. “This is one I felt very strongly about. This was an outlier. There are trends. There are people that have issues. He’s not one of those. I have zero concern. I know he’s comfortable with it, and I’m comfortable with it, that as we move forward that will not be any issue whatsoever.”

Should be good for one David Jones concern trolling column though.

Any word on how his WR at Duke did this past year?

Also that DUI from 2 years ago is troubling...

Really, the DUI he got while out with his wife and another family is troubling? I bet 99.99% of the posters on this board have been in that situation before. To be at .08 and under .115 (i believe ) is not troubling. It is a sad mistake the guy made.

No, they shouldn't be treated as a freebie. When Parker got his DUI was he punished according to the law? If so then he didn't get a freebie, either. What do you think should happen to somebody who gets a DUI? Should they be allowed to rejoin the workforce? I don't get what your problem is here.

.11?

One 3 oz. shot would probably get an average person to that level (granted, that is a rather large shot).
I've had more than that to drink at a party before I took my coat off (as have most other folks)

Considerably more
https://dui.drivinglaws.org/drink-table.php

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT