ADVERTISEMENT

We have a dude

He's saying he's a top 5 QB now because he wanted him to play lazy year not because he believes it.
People need to understand that I'm high on Allar - and even McCord - they both have top notch physical tools just need to see both against really good defenses although the Indiana defense isn't that bad. It's just that Indiana's offense sucks and couldn't keep the defense off the field very long. We'll know more about both in a few more games. In other words, let's give Allar some time before people start annointing him

Reactions: 91Joe95
Not an OSU fan and if you look at my posts I've also slammed McCord and OSU for yesterday's game against Indiana. I did have kids - young relatives go to OSU but don't lose sleep when they lose. As Ive previously stated, I'm a Northwestern grad. Allar is very good but let me turn it back to you. I took exception that he is already a top 5 QB. Do you think he's a top 5 QB in CF right now after one start against WV and mop up duty last year? Maybe in time, YES, he has the tools
You don't know and shouldn't be commenting because you didn't watch Allar play. So get lost fake buckeye hiding behind your Northwestern degree because no one cares about Northwestern football.

Why are there so many buckeye fanboys posting here pretending to be fans of other schools? You guys must have the smallest appendages in the country to be this insecure. Just get lost.

I think folks may be taking for granted just how impressive that first TD pass was. Running forward and winged it, dropping his arm slot lower ... that's not human. Now, there's a lot more to QB'ing than just that one play/throw ... but that was a clear sign we had someone back there with outrageous capabilities. His arm talent is bananas.

He was also much more poised under blitz pressure, and overall, than you would expect a kid to be in his first start.

A couple of throws he would want back, but other than that, it was pretty flawless. He was going through progressions, he was decisive. Tremendous.

Anyone looking for anything negative from the QB position after that showing is just being a "get off my lawn" self-important grumpy gus.

You don't know and shouldn't be commenting because you didn't watch Allar play. So get lost fake buckeye hiding behind your Northwestern degree because no one cares about Northwestern football.

Why are there so many buckeye fanboys posting here pretending to be fans of other schools? You guys must have the smallest appendages in the country to be this insecure. Just get lost.
Oh, good God.

Again, do you think he's a top 5 QB ? Answer the question. In time, yes, not right now though. Again, I try to be honest and don't give a rat's as$ what you think. This is a public board and you don't own it. End of story

Oh, good God.

Again, do you think he's a top 5 QB ? Answer the question. In time, yes, not right now though. Again, I try to be honest and don't give a rat's as$ what you think. This is a public board and you don't own it. End of story
Get lost dishonest Buckeye fanboy. Had you come here as an honest Ohio St fan asking questions, you would get honest answers. But you aren't an honest person. Get lost.

Get lost dishonest Buckeye fanboy. Had you come here as an honest Ohio St fan asking questions, you would get honest answers. But you aren't an honest person. Get lost.
Answer the question and quit the blabbering - is he a top 5 QB right now ? He probably will be in time - not right now though

Answer the question and quit the blabbering - is he a top 5 QB right now ? He probably will be in time - not right now though
When you are honest you can expect honest answers. But you aren't. Why are you so insecure that you are here pretending to be something that you aren't?

You know he's not yet a top 5 QB but may be one...stop exaggerating to make it seem like you were right last year.

Reactions: rrdd2021
Not arguing that he had a very good day but I try to have an open mind when evaluating players and teams. The statement that I was challenging was that he is already a top 5 QB in CF. Those stats were against a weak West Virginia and do you really think that he'll have the same stats against some of the top defensive teams in the B1G? That's the point I was trying to make. This was his 1st start for God's sake against a team that could not put a rush or any pressure on him.

Now, can he be a top 5 QB in time? Absolutely - he has all of the physical tools. Let's give him time against top notch competition to prove himself. Oh, and kudos to the PSU OL as they really looked solid - unlike some of the previous years. And that 2-headed monster at RB isn't exactly chopped liver. Should be a great year for the PSU offense
I’m sure the QB’s with better stats weren’t even playing P5 opponents, so at least Allar’s stats were against a legit team. Is he a top 5 QB in CFB right now? Who knows. Did he have a top 5 performance yesterday? Yes.

You know he's not yet a top 5 QB but may be one...stop exaggerating to make it seem like you were right last year.
And as I've said, right now Allar has the physical tools to eventually be a GREAT one! Let's just give the kid some time. Not slamming him AT ALL.

I’m sure the QB’s with better stats weren’t even playing P5 opponents, so at least Allar’s stats were against a legit team. Is he a top 5 QB in CFB right now? Who knows. Did he have a top 5 performance yesterday? Yes.
Agree, he looked great-solid yesterday. No argument here. Just want to see more of him against top notch defenses that will be willing (and can) - throw the kitchen sink at him.

You’re right, first game of the season they should be flawless in all aspects of the game…by the way, OSU looked worse than we did.
Got shoved around again - both sides of the ball…thought we were getting that corrected after Pasadena…was shocked to see it rear it’s head again…I guess the Rose Bowl was an anomoly.

Very disappointing all around performance.

You’re right, first game of the season they should be flawless in all aspects of the game…by the way, OSU looked worse than we did.
Worry about O$U when we beat O$U. Hint: don’t get your hopes up about this year.

Welcome to College Football - 2023. Go read the OSU boards. They basically have a rebuilt OL and new QB but their fans want to torch Ryan Day and they also won by 3 scores. Something tells me they'll be just fine as the season goes on. Just like PSU, they also took over in the 2nd half.
One big difference: Ohio State was not shoved around in the trenches.

They will be just fine.

Bro they completely dominated WVU. Yes, we made some mistakes that resulted in losing out on some scoring opportunities. There was some sloppiness, but domination from start to finish. WVU isn’t great, but a capable P5 team. It’s a solid 1st win.
If getting shoved around on both lines is domination, then yea they dominated.

And West Virginia is horrendous…zero playmakers yet they made us very uncomfortable well into the 2nd half.

More of the same…

Got shoved around again - both sides of the ball…thought we were getting that corrected after Pasadena…was shocked to see it rear it’s head again…I guess the Rose Bowl was an anomoly.

38-15….yeah, we really got pushed around (eye roll).

Worry about O$U when we beat O$U. Hint: don’t get your hopes up about this year.
It’s not the destination, it’s the journey…enjoy each week and appreciate the wins as they come. If you’re upset after an opening season win over a P5 team by 23 points, you might want to find something else to do in the fall.

And West Virginia is horrendous…zero playmakers yet they made us very uncomfortable well into the 2nd half.

More of the same…
Not sure what game you were watching. Apparently you only see what you want to see.

38-15….yeah, we really got pushed around (eye roll).
Did you watch the game?

Our offense came on broken plays with Allar running for his life.

Name a decent play on defense. One. Zero pressure, zero turnovers, zip, zilch, nada.

Luckily WVU has one of the worst secondaries in NCAA and zero playmakers.

Won’t be so fortunate in short order (eye roll).

It’s not the destination, it’s the journey…enjoy each week and appreciate the wins as they come. If you’re upset after an opening season win over a P5 team by 23 points, you might want to find something else to do in the fall.
Not upset at all. Had a great time at the game, fantastic crowd, beautiful weather, awesome tailgating.

But the play is what it is…extremely disappointing after it looked like we might be on track after the Rose Bowl. Simply too soft to win…seems Pasadena was an anomaly.

Looking forward to next week and Delaware…just a exhibition though…can’t derive anything from the conquerors of Stony Brook.

As for CJF, he seems to be getting better in-game. Recruits well in spots. But I doubt he gets Penn State over the top as his best players seem to be athletes and not football players. Doesn’t make him a bad guy…but after 10 years I think we see what we have. Good but not elite with no sign of it on the horizon.

Not upset at all. Had a great time at the game, fantastic crowd, beautiful weather, awesome tailgating.

But the play is what it is…extremely disappointing after it looked like we might be on track after the Rose Bowl. Simply too soft to win…seems Pasadena was an anomaly.

Looking forward to next week and Delaware…just a exhibition though…can’t derive anything from the conquerors of Stony Brook.

As for CJF, he seems to be getting better in-game. Recruits well in spots. But I doubt he gets Penn State over the top as his best players seem to be athletes and not football players. Doesn’t make him a bad guy…but after 10 years I think we see what we have. Good but not elite with no sign of it on the horizon.
I would say that Allar is a sign on the Horizon. We will have Drew this year and next year....then probably gone. Do you think that a high end portal WR may want to play on PSU with Drew as the QB? Perhaps bring in a premier DT that wants to play for a team that is on track to be Top 10 with a shot at the Playofff. The program is improving, OL looked good even with West Virginia playing a cover 1 or even cover 0 ie.....lots of bodies at the line of scrimmage and yet both Running Backs ran for over 5 YPC and our QB hit on about 80% of his passes. The runs up the middle by WVU were concerning and needs to be corrected. WVU QB was throwing the ball in about 2 seconds thus the no big pass plays but then also very low sack amounts and no turnovers.

The offense looks better than last year.....the defense seems about the same.....was hoping for some growth on Defense....maybe it will come through this year. Iowa Game and Illinois Game will be good tests for the run defense....but both seem very winnable setting up tOSU and UofM as the Games. Enjoy the ride.

I would say that Allar is a sign on the Horizon. We will have Drew this year and next year....then probably gone. Do you think that a high end portal WR may want to play on PSU with Drew as the QB? Perhaps bring in a premier DT that wants to play for a team that is on track to be Top 10 with a shot at the Playofff. The program is improving, OL looked good even with West Virginia playing a cover 1 or even cover 0 ie.....lots of bodies at the line of scrimmage and yet both Running Backs ran for over 5 YPC and our QB hit on about 80% of his passes. The runs up the middle by WVU were concerning and needs to be corrected. WVU QB was throwing the ball in about 2 seconds thus the no big pass plays but then also very low sack amounts and no turnovers.

The offense looks better than last year.....the defense seems about the same.....was hoping for some growth on Defense....maybe it will come through this year. Iowa Game and Illinois Game will be good tests for the run defense....but both seem very winnable setting up tOSU and UofM as the Games. Enjoy the ride.
I don’t think we stacked up well against WVU when on defense. Their strength was our weakness. But we won’t play too many teams with an all American center and a 240 lb running back.

Reactions: PSU Soupy

Well, that’s it. No shot at the playoffs. Guess it’s time to make reservations for the Mineki Bowl where we will play Pitt.

Reactions: summitlion1
Did you watch the game?

Our offense came on broken plays with Allar running for his life.

Name a decent play on defense. One. Zero pressure, zero turnovers, zip, zilch, nada.

Luckily WVU has one of the worst secondaries in NCAA and zero playmakers.

Won’t be so fortunate in short order (eye roll).
Of course I watched the game and saw quite a few decent plays on defense including two pretty awesome fourth down stops. And moving around in the pocket with your eyes downfield doesn’t constitute “broken plays”, that’s what good QB’s do. We scored 38 points with two missed FG’s (which would be 44) without getting any turnovers and different clock rules designed to shorten the game against a P5 opponent with a first year starting QB…that’s pretty good offense no matter how much you live in a fantasy world. What would have been an acceptable score to you?

Reactions: Online Persona

And better than we’ve been in a lot of years…the selective memory strikes again. I know, we deserve to be at Alabama and Georgia level based on the dynasty we had over the past three decades.

At this point I would not trade Allar for anyone's quarterback. I think he will be the best we have had all-time (though probably not in total yards/completions, given only 2 full seasons as a starter are likely). I think he will be sharing a bit more with Pribula too, which is good. Pribula looked ready to play -- especially running. He may be the man to run out the clock in the 4th.

In the past I don't think the starter would have been pulled when Pribula went in (ahead by 16), so I'm pleased that perhaps we see a need to develop and play the #2 with meaningful snaps.

Show me a PSU quarterback who had looked better than Allar, in terms of tools, vision, poise, mechanics, etc., at this point in his career. I can't think of one.

At this point I would not trade Allar for anyone's quarterback. I think he will be the best we have had all-time (though probably not in total yards/completions, given only 2 full seasons as a starter are likely). I think he will be sharing a bit more with Pribula too, which is good. Pribula looked ready to play -- especially running. He may be the man to run out the clock in the 4th.

In the past I don't think the starter would have been pulled when Pribula went in (ahead by 16), so I'm pleased that perhaps we see a need to develop and play the #2 with meaningful snaps.

Show me a PSU quarterback who had looked better than Allar, in terms of tools, vision, poise, mechanics, etc., at this point in his career. I can't think of one.

Wally Richardson. Well, not really, but I really loved watching him play. Honorable mentions - Hackenberg, Bolden, Mills. I'd still easily put Allar above them, but they are also cautionary tales on development. This question is also a bit biased because it was easier to build up and develop depth before the portal, so players didn't typically play as early.

LOL. You've been singing the same anti-Franklin tune for years. It was tired and old last year when you talked about how awful and soft PSU was ... and then they won the Rose Bowl. Now you're back again to sound silly throughout the entirety of this year, too.

More of the same…
Yeah, they’re horrendous all right. Another great take.

But they were only going to win two games all season😂. Keep trying.
West Virgina is lousy. So they barely beat a couple of lousy teams. Big deal. What’s your point? Penn State has a long way to go. Have not looked good a lot of this year - especially on road.

DTackle getting healthy has helped. If they can play this way against O$U and Michigan, then they will have a shot as defense will keep them in games.

Otherwise, it will be a nice year but ultimately a fail.

West Virgina is lousy. So they barely beat a couple of lousy teams. Big deal. What’s your point? Penn State has a long way to go. Have not looked good a lot of this year - especially on road.

DTackle getting healthy has helped. If they can play this way against O$U and Michigan, then they will have a shot as defense will keep them in games.

Otherwise, it will be a nice year but ultimately a fail.
So any time a team you think is bad beats someone, you will just say the team they beat is lousy…that’s a pretty lazy argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT