ADVERTISEMENT

We Are: Cael’s First Decade(Episodes 1, 2 & 3)

Watching episode 2 right now and it's bringing back all the "This will all be over once Taylor and Ruth graduate" comments. Not only were they wrong, the Ruth/Taylor teams weren't close to the best PSU teams. At this point I'm thinking the Starocci/Brooks teams will be eclipsed in the next few years. I think Cael's goal is ten national champs and I think he could do it.

Let's just look again and tell me who among these guys you'd bet against to be a champ:

Lilledahl
Desmond
Davis
Kasak
SVN
Duke
Cunningham
Sealey
Haines
Mesenbrink
Facundo
Barr
Ryder
Connor Mirasola (Askren is saying that if he takes his redshirt he could be an undefeated 4-timer)
Cole Mirasola

That's fifteen guys right there and it's not including Henckel or the fact that Bartlett, Starocci and Kerk are coming back. It's also assuming they don't get any of Blaze, Forrest or Bassett...

Watching episode 2 right now and it's bringing back all the "This will all be over once Taylor and Ruth graduate" comments. Not only were they wrong, the Ruth/Taylor teams weren't close to the best PSU teams. At this point I'm thinking the Starocci/Brooks teams will be eclipsed in the next few years. I think Cael's goal is ten national champs and I think he could do it.

Let's just look again and tell me who among these guys you'd bet against to be a champ:

Lilledahl
Desmond
Davis
Kasak
SVN
Duke
Cunningham
Sealey
Haines
Mesenbrink
Facundo
Barr
Ryder
Connor Mirasola (Askren is saying that if he takes his redshirt he could be an undefeated 4-timer)
Cole Mirasola

That's fifteen guys right there and it's not including Henckel or the fact that Bartlett, Starocci and Kerk are coming back. It's also assuming they don't get any of Blaze, Forrest or Bassett...
Just started 2. Gotta ask, is that fan that told Brands "its over for you the next 10 years" posting here?? If so, you called that one!

Appropriately
Episode 1 Taylor/Ruth
Episode 2 Nolf/Nickel
Episode 3 Starocci/Brooks
Episode 4 ????

Each episode has gotten better!

Appropriately
Episode 1 Taylor/Ruth
Episode 2 Nolf/Nickel
Episode 4 ????

Watched 2 last night. Looking forward to 3 and 4. I love it when they show Taylor with a baby face. 12 - 13 years is a long time ago.

Appropriately
Episode 1 Taylor/Ruth
Episode 2 Nolf/Nickel
Episode 4 ????

Taylor/Ruth 5 individual 4 team titles
Nolf/Nickel 6 individual 4 team titles
Starocci/Brooks is 8 individual 3 team titles
Could be 9 individual 4 team titles
Episode 4 has a tough task in surpassing the previous mark.

#3 is out.

Just watched it.

You know, I recall watching the teams anchored by Taylor and Ruth thinking I would never see such a thing again............

Cael does it year after year, and by any objective measure, the 2024 / 2025 squad will continue the legacy. It's truly amazing.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT