ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early: 2020 OTT Tickets?

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Is there any sign of how this is going to go down? Will PSU season ticket holders get an early crack at it?

One can't be too prepared . . .

That's the "rumor" (per David Taylor accidentally spilling the beans at an event at NCAAs)
Definitely more than a rumor, though the details don't appear to be ironed out yet. Sandy Barbour spoke right after DT and confirmed it.

Reactions: diggerpup
Is there any sign of how this is going to go down? Will PSU season ticket holders get an early crack at it?

One can't be too prepared . . .
Nothing has been decided. If ticket sales mirror Final X (in St. College), season ticket holders and Penn State Wrestling Club members will be offered pre-sale tickets one week prior to the public sale. Those ticket sales started about 2 months plus a little bit, prior to the actual event.

Reactions: nerfstate
Is it known yet if they are doing Final X in an Olympic year? The reason I'm wondering, is the 2020 OTT, the be all, end all for qualifying or is the OTT equivalent to 2018/19 WTT where the winner qualifies for Final X, not necessarily Worlds or in this case the Olympics?

If there is no Final X, then the 2020 OTT is can't miss. If there is Final X, then someone like DT may not even wrestle at OTT.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Is it known yet if they are doing Final X in an Olympic year? The reason I'm wondering, is the 2020 OTT, the be all, end all for qualifying or is the OTT equivalent to 2018/19 WTT where the winner qualifies for Final X, not necessarily Worlds or in this case the Olympics?

If there is no Final X, then the 2020 OTT is can't miss. If there is Final X, then someone like DT may not even wrestle at OTT.
There is no Final X for the Olympic year, OTT will be the qualifying for the team

Nothing has been decided. If ticket sales mirror Final X (in St. College), season ticket holders and Penn State Wrestling Club members will be offered pre-sale tickets one week prior to the public sale. Those ticket sales started about 2 months plus a little bit, prior to the actual event.
Thanks Roar, that's about all the info I could have dreamed of asking for at this point. :)

Don't book that flight just yet.

Pam Am Games are the same weekend in Ottawa, and that's an Olympic Qualifying event.
https://unitedworldwrestling.org/events

It's also the only Olympic Qualifier in the Americas. And most of the other Qualifier locations are not direct flights from the US.

The USOC really should re-think the PSU dates.

Pam Am Games are the same weekend in Ottawa, and that's an Olympic Qualifying event.

It's also the only Olympic Qualifier in the Americas. And most of the other Qualifier locations are not direct flights from the US.

The USOC and re-"think"? What are the chances that really happens?

So far I haven't seen anything announced by USA Wrestling, just FloWrestlng, so maybe Flo got the dates wrong.

Does anyone know what the attendance was at the 2016 OTT in Iowa City?
I'm guess 2020 will be held at the BJC.

Assuming my parents will let me stay with them, I have a room reserved in Boalsburg. Dad said he thinks we can work something out. :) Maybe I'll even run into Allen from Boalsburg from the radio show. ;)

Speaking of Dad, I've told the story on this board, Cleveland was his first NCAA experience, and afterwards, he was ready for Pittsburgh, so we went. No sooner did we get the PSWC email about rooms for Minnesota, than I got an email asking if I had the room booked for next year.

Next, several days before this thread started, I get an email asking if I've heard anything about the Olympic trials tickets, followed by the CDT announcement. I think maybe he's hooked, and I'm going to have to get him up to speed on freestyle. As if I'm the guy for that. :eek:

Reactions: PSUer1989
Assuming my parents will let me stay with them, I have a room reserved in Boalsburg. Dad said he thinks we can work something out. :) Maybe I'll even run into Allen from Boalsburg from the radio show. ;)

Speaking of Dad, I've told the story on this board, Cleveland was his first NCAA experience, and afterwards, he was ready for Pittsburgh, so we went. No sooner did we get the PSWC email about rooms for Minnesota, than I got an email asking if I had the room booked for next year.

Next, several days before this thread started, I get an email asking if I've heard anything about the Olympic trials tickets, followed by the CDT announcement. I think maybe he's hooked, and I'm going to have to get him up to speed on freestyle. As if I'm the guy for that. :eek:
Your Dad seems like a really cool guy ;).

Reactions: hlstone

Federal tap house is calling. Voodoo brewing too. But my beer cave has the best selection...

Ditto that. Meanwhile, someone needs to hook me up with a Real Estate Agent so I have a place in the SC area for the Oly Trials next year.

dw, bring your sleeping bag if Dad doesn't want you around. :D
I have friends ;):).

This is mad early, and I doubt anyone on here might know these answers, but it's worth a shot.

I'm long-term booking my upcoming year, and trying to figure this out. I'm highly-considering skipping NCAA's in shitty nosebleed seats with lackluster views of ants wrestling to save a little coin to head over to Happy Valley for Olympic Team Trials... 2 questions:
1. Anyone heard more on the conflicting competition date? AND
2. Anyone know if there is a planned Silver Coaches' College thing going on? I've been meaning to get after that, and figured I might as well try to kill a couple birds while stoned out there.

Thanks,
CD

I've been meaning to get after that, and figured I might as well try to kill a couple birds while stoned out there.
I know it’s now legal and all out here in PA, but killing birds while on the “meds” is probably not the best idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT