ADVERTISEMENT

Way back Lions question

Who was the starting TB in 1963 and 1964? What was special about his football abilities,
There were 2 tbs a right halfback - tb and a left halfback - tb. Gary Klingensmith played one of the halfback positions. In 63, I think there was a full back as PSU ran a traditional Wing T and no QB. In 64 was it Pete Liske that was QB?

Correct me if I am wrong. I am 72 years old and when I was a kid, every Saturday my Irish grandfather would listen to ND games on the radio while rocking in his hammock. If the games overlapped in any way, I would stock him up with Whiskey so he would fall asleep. I would then change the channel so I could listen to the PSU game. If he started to awaken... I would turn the channel back quickly...

There were 2 tbs a right halfback - tb and a left halfback - tb. Gary Klingensmith played one of the halfback positions. In 63, I think there was a full back as PSU ran a traditional Wing T and no QB. In 64 was it Pete Liske that was QB?

Correct me if I am wrong. I am 72 years old and when I was a kid, every Saturday my Irish grandfather would listen to ND games on the radio while rocking in his hammock. If the games overlapped in any way, I would stock him up with Whiskey so he would fall asleep. I would then change the channel so I could listen to the PSU game. If he started to awaken... I would turn the channel back quickly...
Gary Klingensmith was deaf. Read qb's lips in huddle. Watched the center because he could not hear qb snap cadence.

Gary Klingensmith was deaf. Read qb's lips in huddle. Watched the center because he could not hear qb snap cadence.
Neat Gary story. He attended summer school his senior year. He was high at a bar and someone came up and mocked his voice. He broke the guys jaw and ran back to Sigma PI.
It was a different time in SC, and no charges were filed. Gary went on to coach fb at Galudet, a school for the deaf.
He was TB for 2 years we beat OSU in Columbus.

Was Roger Kauffman “the Wilkinsburg Whippet” the TB in 61,62? I loved to see him run that Scissors play,

Klinger on the super should know that.
?. I stated so in response to the correct answer. Ralph Baker was the MG on defense in 1963. He was a teammate of Joe Namath and started in the super bowl win. He allowed us to tree him when he got engaged but could have easily kept us at bay, even with Ed Lenda helping us.

?. I stated so in response to the correct answer. Ralph Baker was the MG on defense in 1963. He was a teammate of Joe Namath and started in the super bowl win. He allowed us to tree him when he got engaged but could have easily kept us at bay, even with Ed Lenda helping us.
I was his roommate and nobody treed us. Tried but failed. We were both pinned at the same time Your memory is failing. Lenda was a Mckeesport Tiger like me

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I was his roommate and nobody treed us. Tried but failed. We were both pinned at the same time Your memory is failing. Lenda was a Mckeesport Tiger like me
I remember guys like Dave Grummet (sp) telling us to tree him or get a line up. My memory has always been bad. Ed took off about 50# after fb

You know who I am. We had this discussion before. Wingate was my little brother.
Dave G. was "DOORUN". Knew another person we called "Bulldog"
That was me. I think it was Grummet who gave me that name because I have TMJ like Harbaugh. I don't remember our previous talk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT