ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Huskies

The_Unit

May 1, 2014
My argument against Washington making the CFP, assuming both them and PSU win, is their weak schedule. Their out of conference schedule is awful (Rutgers, Idaho, Portland St). If PSU replaced Pitt on this years schedule with Akron or Buffalo, they would also be 11-1 right now.

It seems like this is being overlooked and Washington is being rewarded for their weak schedule.

Reactions: Cpeplion
Weak is a relative term...They've actually only played 4 teams with a winning record and that includes Idaho. But they earned it and will play that elusive 5th team with a winning record on Friday night.:rolleyes:

My argument against Washington making the CFP, assuming both them and PSU win, is their weak schedule. Their out of conference schedule is awful (Rutgers, Idaho, Portland St). If PSU replaced Pitt on this years schedule with Akron or Buffalo, they would also be 11-1 right now.

It seems like this is being overlooked and Washington is being rewarded for their weak schedule.

They are not being "rewarded" and that will become quite clear when they finish BEHIND Penn State in the only poll that matters - the one on 12/4/16 (this assumes both PSU and UW win). You can ignore all the noise associated with tonight's poll where they will be #4 and PSU will be #7.

They are not being "rewarded" and that will become quite clear when they finish BEHIND Penn State in the only poll that matters - the one on 12/4/16 (this assumes both PSU and UW win). You can ignore all the noise associated with tonight's poll where they will be #4 and PSU will be #7.
I wish I had your confidence. I fear unless someone loses, it's Bama, OSU, Clemson and UDub.
How you leave out the conference champ of the best conference is beyond me, but that's what I fear will happen.
I'm a huge VA Tech fan this weekend.

Clemson's resume is REALLY weak. Best win was over "fraud" Louisville. AND they lost at home to PITT.
Both Washington and Clemson are the outsiders looking in. BUT the easy out for the "NCAA (tools)" would be to leave out PSU or OSU. I think OSU is out if PSU wins big over Wisky. If Wisky wins I think OSU gets in and no Wisky.

Clemson's resume is REALLY weak. Best win was over "fraud" Louisville. AND they lost at home to PITT.
Both Washington and Clemson are the outsiders looking in. BUT the easy out for the "NCAA (tools)" would be to leave out PSU or OSU. I think OSU is out if PSU wins big over Wisky. If Wisky wins I think OSU gets in and no Wisky.
I can't imagine OSU being left out regardess of a PSU win, even an unlikely blowout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT