ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Football Team may have 8 names to choose from....what's your pick?

Pick your favorite name from this possible list of choices....!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh. For a team name that's pretty boaring.

😏

Wright said they consulted a bit with the Cleveland baseball ownership and think it’s important to have a name that is meaningful and tied to the geography or history of a program. Makes me think a lot of those names floating around aren’t it.

😏

Wright said they consulted a bit with the Cleveland baseball ownership and think it’s important to have a name that is meaningful and tied to the geography or history of a program. Makes me think a lot of those names floating around aren’t it.
Pssst . . . that spelling was intentional. ;)

I picked "Commanders". Seemed like the most offensive to the people that made us dump "Redskins".
I’d go with johnmpsu’s suggestion of Warriors. Keep the burgundy and gold and a spear or arrow emblem.

b37d7c62e255232f1ee1ba6019cd4236--redskins-logo-native-art.jpg
The Hogettes' Pig Pen should be replaced with the Prepuce Pen.

5b48be4062fcee23127e8092-large.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: rudedude
I’d go with johnmpsu’s suggestion of Warriors. Keep the burgundy and gold and a spear or arrow emblem.

Ya. I would go with that too, but it wasn't an option.

Funny thing about that is that one of our local high school's nickname is the Warriors. When New York state told them they had to change the name a few years ago because it was "offensive" to Native Americans, the school told them to f-ck off. Why??? Because they WERE Native Americans! The high school sits right in the middle of the Seneca Indian Reservation in Salamanca. :) :) :)

Washington Football Team is perfect. Soon to be replaced by White Founders Football Team. Washington was Hitler. He's gotta go.

The sooner the team is out from under the heel of oppression the sooner we can get back to America.

Put Redskins on the list and vote again. Put all the names on the list and let the people in the greater DC area vote on it. My money is on the Redskins. Rest of the names blow... but maybe that's the point.

Reactions: Fayette_LION
The Washington 7and9ers
Washington Weeds.
It's alliterative.
It will create fear in their opponents' fan bases.
Weeds cannot be destroyed. At least in my yard.
Weeds are always spreading.
Weeds have roots that go to middle earth.
A new cheer to replace "Go Skins" . "Grow Weeds grow".
And since "weed" has a second meaning, it will inspire a lot of new fans which will lead to an increase in apparel sales.
It's a no brainer. Especially if the owners like to get high.

Reactions: hlstone and N&B4PSU
What will the new name be? If the leaked report is true, this is a weak list. They must have secured the web presence and the trademarks for all of them. I kind of like RedHogs.
Impeached Presidents, Short Man's Syndrome Play Toys

just skins-but this is ridiculous wtf
honestly this is as good as any. I am not a fan of this team and have no dog in this hunt. however, the fact that this is even going on is disgusting. Whenever there public/fan polls on this type of thing, it shows the desire for these name changes is driven by a small minority of vocal people - some not even fans. why do we care about them?

Reactions: N&B4PSU
What will the new name be? If the leaked report is true, this is a weak list. They must have secured the web presence and the trademarks for all of them. I kind of like RedHogs.
Frankly if they want to be true to their DC roots the should be the Washington Corruption

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and bison13
Those names are all awful, I still think "Warriors" makes all the sense in the world.. Sit down with Native leaders, much like FSU and iron that baby out. Snyder dragging his feet has been been a giant middle finger to the league and I rather enjoy that..

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I was trying to be sarcastic in some of my responses , but in all seriousness pick an animal , something like Leopards, Otters, Grizzlies, Elks, etc. It"s that simple.

Reactions: BrucePa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT