ADVERTISEMENT

Was a rough weekend for W Pa football.

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Oil City had a prayer vigil for a Karns City player injured the week before. Then in second qtr, one of their players had a bad injury and was life flighted to Childrens Hospital in Pittsburgh. A player from Shenango and one from Laurel Highlands were also injured and life flighted to Childrens.

Both the Oil City and the Shenango players were released from the hospital on Monday and will undergo therapy and may be permitted to play again. Haven’t heard any updates about the kid from Laurel Highlands. Any updates on any player appreciated.

The kid from Karns City was injured the week before and was in critical condition for several days. His mother said on Facebook ‘Frankly we need a miracle.” Well she may have gotten her miracle as he was taken off the ventilator, is breathing on his own, and moving both fingers and toes.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to all the student athletes who suffered injuries during recent football games. This is devastating news. I cannot imagine what these kids and their families are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them all as they recover from these traumatic events. I wish each of them a full and speedy recovery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT