ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova's last shot

Nova is the better team, that is all. Actually they should have won by at least 10, but they called off the offense a tad too early and missed some free throws to create the ending. UNC took advantage of the NOVA "rest".

Ah, no,..respectfully no! Carolina should have won by 10 sir.

But they did not.

Many, many factors involved as to why.

But, my hat is off to them.

Actually, Brunson will be better than Arch. Brunson is a 5 star recruit and an outstanding point guard. Very smart, leadership no problem, that is probably his best asset. He was out of position with Arch on the floor. Next year he will be THE point with Booth as the 2. Bench will be deeper than this year. Team will be bigger and deeper.

I respectfully disagree. Brunson is slow...needs to improve his footwork. A big liability on defense and 2 inches smaller than Arch. He will get killed by 6'4 point guards in the Big East. I just don't see the upside with him. Yes he is a better freshman but won't be a better senior than Arch. I watch every single VU game. I'm only telling you what I see and it's only my opinion.

Reactions: TheGLOV
They were ahead, but not by 10, ref's called some very ticky-tack fouls against UNC. Made them cautious.

Villanova still won and congrats to them.

GLOV - Thought the game was being shown on The Travel Channel....IIRC, they got 'Nova only once for traveling and missed close to another half dozen, several very obvious violations.

But you could travel the world and never see more spectacular final possessions by each team.

GLOV - Thought the game was being shown on The Travel Channel....IIRC, they got 'Nova only once for traveling and missed close to another half dozen, several very obvious violations.

Seriously, do you EVER stop crying about the officiating??? And all the missed calls you talk about seem to always favor one team.

Did the officials not miss any calls on UNC, not miss any calls on Kansas?? I would find that incredible.

You're very annoying and a child. You need to learn to take losses like a man.

Last edited:
They were ahead, but not by 10, ref's called some very ticky-tack fouls against UNC. Made them cautious.

Villanova still won and congrats to them.

Did you ACTUALLY watch the game ? UNC was not "cautious". As far as fouls the Bigs from UNC foul constantly "getting position" but not enough to make a call.
Just points out the game is changing. BIG plodders (and the NC guys are plodders) are too slow to cover quick f/g types. Just ask the NBA Warriors. Look at the winning shot. Who was "trying" to cover Jenkins??
No one because NC was too slow.
That being said Nova has better "athletes" and WAY better guards.
We will have to disagree. :) Interesting , on paper, NOVA will be even better next year.

I respectfully disagree. Brunson is slow...needs to improve his footwork. A big liability on defense and 2 inches smaller than Arch. He will get killed by 6'4 point guards in the Big East. I just don't see the upside with him. Yes he is a better freshman but won't be a better senior than Arch. I watch every single VU game. I'm only telling you what I see and it's only my opinion.

At this point "opinion" is all we have. So we will see. For me I saw a super talented player playing out of position. But, we will have to wait and see. As for his speed it is more than adequate, especially since he has great anticipation. He was a TRUE frosh and I think he will be awesome next year.
Let's see him at the point next year ;-)

Reactions: rjg82 and TheGLOV
Did you ACTUALLY watch the game ? UNC was not "cautious". As far as fouls the Bigs from UNC foul constantly "getting position" but not enough to make a call.
Just points out the game is changing. BIG plodders (and the NC guys are plodders) are too slow to cover quick f/g types. Just ask the NBA Warriors. Look at the winning shot. Who was "trying" to cover Jenkins??
We will have to disagree. :) Interesting , on paper, NOVA will be even better next year.

That is your opinion and I respect it but I also respectfully disagree sir.

Well, no one covered Jenkins because he was plodding up court following the play.....no one from UNC thought he was a consideration. Great play design brilliant execution by 'Nova even if the shot hadn't gone in. Major goof by UNC not to challenge the inbounds pass.....cost them the game.

Re: WAY better guards? Paige was pretty damn good.....8 pts in the last 93 seconds almost won the game singlehandedly.

On paper have seen 'Nova rated #3 for next year behind Kentucky and honestly don't recall who was #2......maybe Duke? You will miss Ryan A.....a tremendous gamer, very underrated.

Seriously, do you EVER stop crying about the officiating??? And all the missed calls you talk about seem to always favor one team.

Did the officials not miss any calls on UNC, not miss any calls on Kansas?? I would find that incredible.

You're very annoying and a child. You need to learn to take losses like a man.

Not crying about officiating.

Played the game as well.

Fouls called against you can hinder your performance.

I respect your opinion.

But you could travel the world and never see more spectacular final possessions by each team.

Great game by both teams.

Complemented Nova on their victory.

Still Tar Heel proud!

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Well, no one covered Jenkins because he was plodding up court following the play.....no one from UNC thought he was a consideration. Great play design brilliant execution by 'Nova even if the shot hadn't gone in. Major goof by UNC not to challenge the inbounds pass.....cost them the game.

Re: WAY better guards? Paige was pretty damn good.....8 pts in the last 93 seconds almost won the game singlehandedly.

On paper have seen 'Nova rated #3 for next year behind Kentucky and honestly don't recall who was #2......maybe Duke? You will miss Ryan A.....a tremendous gamer, very underrated.

Well, if no one from UNC thought that "arguably the best 3-point shooter in college BB" was a consideration then the Coach needs to RETIRE !!!! So either your coaching was wrong or the players did not (think) or could not (too slow) execute. But to leave him open ????
To be really honest this is not a great UNC team, a good one yes. But NOVA is better, in my opinion. As for next year NOVA brings in a top transfer forward and a 5 star center. But, you do not win on paper ;-) ask Kentucky.

There was missed calls for both teams. Period. End of story. Losers complain about officiating. Winners find a way to overcome and find a way to win. Period.

Well, if no one from UNC thought that "arguably the best 3-point shooter in college BB" was a consideration then the Coach needs to RETIRE !!!! So either your coaching was wrong or the players did not (think) or could not (too slow) execute. But to leave him open ????
To be really honest this is not a great UNC team, a good one yes. But NOVA is better, in my opinion. As for next year NOVA brings in a top transfer forward and a 5 star center. But, you do not win on paper ;-) ask Kentucky.

Yes, correct...in your opinion.

And in mine, I am correct.

I respect you opinion and ask you to enjoy your victory.

Hats off to 'Nova.

Wrong.

I complained during the game.

Just stated my opinion after the game.

Period = Are you on yours?

Let's play nice!

:);):)
A year from now, try keeping your big blowhard mouth shut about UNC. You are not a tar heel. You are a yinzer through and through.

Wrong.

I complained during the game.

Just stated my opinion after the game.

Period = Are you on yours?

Let's play nice!

:);):)

Not wrong. Missed calls for both teams. You have your opinion like Louis Freeh and I have my opinion.... which is correct. Now go change your diaper and take your bath before the street lights come on... Winners find a way to overcome. Losers find something to complain about. Villanova was the better team. Period. Now move on... (see what I did there)

At this point "opinion" is all we have. So we will see. For me I saw a super talented player playing out of position. But, we will have to wait and see. As for his speed it is more than adequate, especially since he has great anticipation. He was a TRUE frosh and I think he will be awesome next year.
Let's see him at the point next year ;-)

Fair enough. I hope you're right !

Nova will be deeper next year but perhaps not better. They will go ten deep next year and they will b bigger. Lose Ochefu but add Spellman, Tim Delaney and Dylan Painter. Painter may redshirt. Paschall has looked good in practice. Envision a starting lineup of Brunson, Booth, Hart, Jenkins, and Spellman with Bridges as the sixth man. Next subs are Paschall, Divicenzo, Delaney, and Painter. Solid ten man group that will get trimmed to 8-9 by the time the big east season starts. Bridges may be the breakout star next year. Kid is an athletic freak.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Apparently nobody has mentioned Archidiacano's brother.

Another reason, among probably 15 or more, that we're still in this
situation at O line.

I think we actually had more than 12, since Joe's final year, through
O'Brien, that are not even in football any more.

Apparently nobody has mentioned Archidiacano's brother.

Another reason, among probably 15 or more, that we're still in this
situation at O line.

I think we actually had more than 12, since Joe's final year, through
O'Brien, that are not even in football any more.

Ryan's next oldest brother is 24, his next youngest is 15. Which one of the two, the 24 year old or the 15 year old, would be playing on PSUs O-Line next year?

What a putz.

Ryan's next oldest brother is 24, his next youngest is 15. Which one of the two, the 24 year old or the 15 year old, would be playing on PSUs O-Line next year?

What a putz.

Wow, he actually thought that was Ryan's brother? Speechless!

Not wrong. Missed calls for both teams. You have your opinion like Louis Freeh and I have my opinion.... which is correct. Now go change your diaper and take your bath before the street lights come on... Winners find a way to overcome. Losers find something to complain about. Villanova was the better team. Period. Now move on... (see what I did there)

Wrong again but it was a nice try.

Wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT