Vaccine Mandate Purpose?

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
I actually tried to google this and surprisingly nothing really comes up. Just a bunch of stuff about whether or not it’s constitutional.

Figured I’d try the board. What’s the purpose of the mandate? I’ve got the jabs, but all I know is that it purports to help my outcome if I get it. It doesn’t prevent me from getting it and it doesn’t prevent me from spreading it. So with that said, what’s the logic of a workplace mandate? Is it just to dodge as much liability for the unvaccinated that do get it? Preventing workers comp of unvaccinated? Why not just stay working from home? Are there any legal protections if there turns out to be some long term side effects? The science and the logic don’t match up to the rhetoric. Just curious if someone has a really good take on it so I can stop being annoyed about having to show papers to my employer.

83wuzme

Apr 27, 2005
Funny how nobody seems to be asking this. More bad leadership has been made apparent. If the Resident was actually able to string coherent ideas, facts and goals together, he might have been able to make the case. As far as I can see, there was no meaningful attempt by him or his political allies. So no case has been made. It’s an edict.
To me, it looks like this Administration is stung by their own failures and criticism and is lashing out. They assured the public as late as July 31 they would not resort to mandates, then they do it with almost no explanation. To me, this looks like a desire for revenge fueled by pettiness.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
I actually tried to google this and surprisingly nothing really comes up. Just a bunch of stuff about whether or not it’s constitutional.

Figured I’d try the board. What’s the purpose of the mandate? I’ve got the jabs, but all I know is that it purports to help my outcome if I get it. It doesn’t prevent me from getting it and it doesn’t prevent me from spreading it. So with that said, what’s the logic of a workplace mandate? Is it just to dodge as much liability for the unvaccinated that do get it? Preventing workers comp of unvaccinated? Why not just stay working from home? Are there any legal protections if there turns out to be some long term side effects? The science and the logic don’t match up to the rhetoric. Just curious if someone has a really good take on it so I can stop being annoyed about having to show papers to my employer.
Politically-based persecution of any and all opponents. A hallmark of people like Obama.

The people who haven't yet been jabbed can roughly be broken down into two categories:

1. White and/or Trump-leaning voters who are gainfully employed (either in private sector or in the US Military) and don't trust the Federal Government, and

2. Minorities, many of who are likely to be receiving Federal Assistance (SNAP, ACA premium subsidies, Child credits etc). If working, many of these people work at smaller firms (< 100 employee, non-corporations) or are getting paid in cash under the table to purposely keep their reportable incomes at or near poverty levels.

If the Federal Government was really interested in getting everyone vax'd, they role out a wholly-defendable policy that Federal Assistance payments will only be made to individuals who can prove their vax status. But that isn't being discussed.

That's why their employer-based mandate to is so artificial and politically transparent.

Last edited:

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Funny how nobody seems to be asking this. More bad leadership has been made apparent. If the Resident was actually able to string coherent ideas, facts and goals together, he might have been able to make the case. As far as I can see, there was no meaningful attempt by him or his political allies. So no case has been made. It’s an edict.
To me, it looks like this Administration is stung by their own failures and criticism and is lashing out. They assured the public as late as July 31 they would not resort to mandates, then they do it with almost no explanation. To me, this looks like a desire for revenge fueled by pettiness.
I legitmately am asking the question looking for a reasonable answer. I honestly have no idea what the logical reasoning is. And while it doesn’t impact me, it also wouldn’t impact me if my employer said “we won’t hire women” or “you must own a home to work here”, but it doesn’t make those requirements good or right. Heck, we don’t drug test anymore. I’m just trying to find the rationale other than virtue signaling or rooting out non-conformity.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I legitmately am asking the question looking for a reasonable answer. I honestly have no idea what the logical reasoning is. And while it doesn’t impact me, it also wouldn’t impact me if my employer said “we won’t hire women” or “you must own a home to work here”, but it doesn’t make those requirements good or right. Heck, we don’t drug test anymore. I’m just trying to find the rationale other than virtue signaling or rooting out non-conformity.
BW Lion nailed it, just political leverage. If you've noticed Democrats can't do anything useful, so this is their only way to control.

Reactions: jimarnp and Ski

83wuzme

Apr 27, 2005
I suppose they could have made the case that increased vaccination could prevent ICU’s from becoming overwhelmed due to the Delta variant. But this Resident has been talking about how the unvaccinated threaten the unvaccinated. I would think it is more likely the other way around.

Last edited:

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
I suppose they could have made the case that increased vaccination could prevent ICU’s from becoming overwhelmed due to the Delta variant. But this Resident has been talking about how the unvaccinated threaten the unvaccinated. I would think it is more likely the other way around.
Yeah obviously the rhetoric hasn’t matched any actual logic. The rhetoric is purely to galvanize his core Karen and beta male support.

But someone somewhere has to have a valid reason for this. Even the ICU thing doesn’t explain why an employer would mandate it (except a hospital) nor does it explain why you would do it at the federal level forcing every company with over 100 employees to do it.

The one case I heard was that it should factor into health insurance premiums, like tobacco use. And I’d be fine with that. But in this case, I’m not notifying my insurance company. The tobacco use drop box is part of open enrollment. The vaccine status is in my employee file. So I doubt this has anything to do with health insurance premiums.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Well women should be eligible for the draft if they want true equality.

And with that, why aren't trans men being arrested for not signing up for selective service?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
What’s the purpose of a seatbelt mandate? That might give you your answer.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
You don’t get a citation and a fine for refusing the vaccine.
No, you lose your ability to provide. Comparing the two is beyond ignorant. It's also failing big time all across the country. Someday, you might get, this nation has had enough of government. We are based in individual liberty.. Particularly a government that tells and exhibits countless lies.

Last edited:

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
No, you lose your ability to provide. Comparing the two is beyond ignorant. It's also failing big time all across the country. Someday, you might get, this nation has had enough of government. We are based in individual liberty.. Particularly a government that tells and exhibits countless lies.
You don’t lose anything unless you behave like a child.

Reactions: RoyalT12

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Why don't you call Kyrie and tell him he's acting like a child, to trust his government. They've always been honest to his people and have always had their back. Stay in your bubble, never leave, and don't ever enlighten yourself. You're far more fun this way.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
That is simply your opinion, not fact. So many players in the NBA, mostly African American, are behaving like a child? All the nurses that are on the front lines that know far more than you, are acting like children. Got it.
Yes and yes.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
"You're acting like a child if you don't get vaccinated"

Yet, "But I don't want to show my ID to vote"

17gn0e.jpg

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
You don’t get a citation and a fine for refusing the vaccine.
In this case you get the choice of paying for testing (a fine) or losing your job. Plus, again, why are we threatening peoples livelihood if they don’t take a therapeutic?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
In this case you get the choice of paying for testing (a fine) or losing your job. Plus, again, why are we threatening peoples livelihood if they don’t take a therapeutic?
Why do we punish people for not wearing a seatbelt?

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
What if you already had Covid?

Or, what if your employer said they refused to hire people from NY Without any reason, and if you were currently in NY and employed, you’d need to move to keep your job? And then all peer companies did so as well…at the behest of the federal government.

And sometimes not being compliant is a good thing. The Jews in nazi germany would have preferred a lot more non compliance from the citizenry in hindsight.

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Why do we punish people for not wearing a seatbelt?
So what’s the limiting factor? Where do we draw the line of choices we protect people from making? Alcohol and tobacco are fine. We don’t punish people for obesity. Where is the limit? And do you completely rule out the possibility that the government or big pharma would lie or screw up?

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
15 states still have no primary enforcement seatbelt law.

And the states that do, only 5 states have a max fine of more than $50. Some are as low as $10.

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020

This is the most moronic post on this topic . Here is why - Because it vastly prevents, death , hospitalization AND spread. The evidence is staggering. Because uneducated, politically manipulated fools won’t take it and thus continuing the spread causing over run ICUs in red states. The childish protests, the ridiculous comparisons to Nazi tactics of vaccine mandates that have by part of our culture for decades and mindless listening to idiots on right wing media (who them have vaccinated) are reasons it needs to be mandated. Because stupid people don’t know what is good for them/ like a child, they need to be told what to do. Not rocket science- it’s now the pandemic of the stupid and politically manipulated.

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
This is the most moronic post on this topic . Here is why - Because it vastly prevents, death , hospitalization AND spread. The evidence is staggering. Because uneducated, politically manipulated fools won’t take it and thus continuing the spread causing over run ICUs in red states. The childish protests, the ridiculous comparisons to Nazi tactics of vaccine mandates that have by part of our culture for decades and mindless listening to idiots on right wing media (who them have vaccinated) are reasons it needs to be mandated. Because stupid people don’t know what is good for them/ like a child, they need to be told what to do. Not rocket science- it’s now the pandemic of the stupid and politically manipulated.
You got this part right:
it’s now the pandemic of the stupid and politically manipulated.

Gnat91

Dec 28, 2016
Jacksonville FL.
None of what you posted is true.

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
You got this part right:
it’s now the pandemic of the stupid and politically manipulated.
Yep - all the anti-vax , right wing nut jobs are keeping this alive and well- idiots

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
None of what you posted is true.
You live in fantasy world of radical right wing propaganda- you and those like you are the real danger to our democratic system. An ignorant electorate will be it’s down fall- it’s all on you .

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Yep - all the anti-vax , right wing nut jobs are keeping this alive and well- idiots
You think if everyone got vaxed it would go away?

Do you have any data to back up that the vax slows the spread? I’ve never heard anyone really purport that to be the case. And I don’t mean in the news, I mean in medicine.

Even just looking at CDC, they’re pretty firm that it prevents severe illness in most cases. But they leave open that it may (or may not) help slow the spread but is still being studied, particularly in light of the delta variant.

Last edited:

McCloudersportLion

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2019
GET

^This fukkking maroon biching about ridiculous comparisons to Nazism. RoyalT the PHD calling every1 who disagrees a Nazi doesnt like it! 😂😂😂🤩🤩🤩

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
If you’re looking around at everyone and calling them the problem, usually you’re the problem.
Nope - looking around and seeing about 30% of our country right now as the problem and the Republican political whores who cater to a stupid base. So not everyone- just people like you apparently.

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
True. This is how I view the mandate crowd, in a poem...
So we stop all the MANDATED vaccines ??Is that your position. Silly people getting manipulated by the radical right/ sheep of the right wing media. You are a victim and you don’t even know it- sad.

indynittany

Feb 21, 2005
What’s the purpose of a seatbelt mandate? That might give you your answer.
Seatbelt laws are stupid and unnecessary. Whether or not one wears a seatbelt should be between the driver and his insurance company.