ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

some more data, from Erie County-- from today's Erie Times-News

In the past 10 weeks:

54% county residents fully vacced (59.6% in PA)

107 county residents dead from COVID (highest 10 week total since first wave which was mostly from nursing homes)

63% of deaths unvacced (average age 66 -- (29-99))

5% partially vacced

32% fully vacced (average age 78 -- (58-97))

Average age of hospitalized patient 61 (10 years younger than initial surge which included more nursing home patients)

Current surge of cases at 4 1/2 months and maybe slowing, initial surge was 4 months.

Not from the paper but from other hospital sources, almost all the hospitalized patients are unvacced.

Hard for me to draw conclusions but unnuanced raw data would indicate about 2x the risk of dying if unvacced in a county that's about half vacced.

In the past 10 weeks:

107 county residents dead from COVID (highest 10 week total since first wave which was mostly from nursing homes)

5% partially vacced

Average age of hospitalized patient 61 (10 years younger than initial surge which included more nursing home patients)

Current surge of cases at 4 1/2 months and maybe slowing, initial surge was 4 months.

Not from the paper but from other hospital sources, almost all the hospitalized patients are unvacced.

Hard for me to draw conclusions but unnuanced raw data would indicate about 2x the risk of dying if unvacced in a county that's about half vacced.
Impressed that a county actually puts out that data.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Yep and the % vaxxed numbers are so shady too, at least here in MD. Montgomery county released something over a month ago stating the county had over 99% of its residents who were eligible, fully vaccinated. That would include HS kids and as I can tell you from working with athletic data for all 25 HS in the county, we are nowhere close to 99% just based on the HS students who are not vaccinated.

There are two things at play, one, we are a sanctuary county so there are thousands of undocumented who are not figured in that 99% denominator and many of them are not vaxxed. Two, we had a vax mandate to play winter sports, which means most of the county athletes are minority. We had to tell hundreds of players they could not play this year due to no vax. We also currently have an outbreak at a HS with less than 5% white. The narrative of only white country Trumpers not being vaxxed is far from the truth. ALmost all of our positives are AA/Hispanic
According to the media and political standards today that is a racist statement evan if true.

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13
According to the media and political standards today that is a racist statement evan if true.
yup, was called that by a few on the 'old' board when I gave that data before. A majority of the attempted religious exemptions as well as fake vax cards have also been from those communities.

Reactions: unclewill
There is a lot of noise out there that the Omicron variant is avoiding the vaccine completely. This would not be a surprise, as the immunity given by the vaccine is very specific, based only on the protein spike.

Massie-Omicron.png

Reactions: blmr31

LIke the plummeting value of a new car when it leaves the dealer's lot, vaccines begin to lose antibody protection steadily post 2nd jab. Most of what I have read indicates that by 8-months out, the person is largely unprotected. People who believe this have to admit they then have no idea who among the vaccinated are protected. Without regular antibody titer testing and mandatory scheduled booster jabs (I oppose), arguments about the value of mRNA vaccine coverage is useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: roswelllion
Right up until the local hospital is put on divert because it’s packed with anti-vaxxers. What you do impacts others even if you only care about yourself.
You are an authoritarian.

You will find any reason you possibly can to impose your belief system upon others.

I presume that, caring about others, you are violently opposed to these same hospitals firing unvaccinated workers, right? Even though these hospitals can easily see if the employee has natural immunity, but declines to do so.

Right?

Here's some good news. Now the question is after pfizer produces a new vaccine and by the time its available we already know omicron isn't deadly. Will they force vaccinations? Will they continue to force vaccinations for it now when they know it won't stop it? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/omicron-milder-delta-signs-south-africa-b1974206.html
I think the reasonable conclusion is as follows.

Everyone knows we will be at natural immunity within a year.

The democrat planners know this, but are going to plan on campaigning as follows:

"We know the measures were harsh, we know it was uncomfortable, but NOW, thanks to our great leadership, we are past the pandemic."

Of course, we will be past the pandemic because of natural immunity, but sheeple gonna sheeple.

I think the reasonable conclusion is as follows.

Everyone knows we will be at natural immunity within a year.

The democrat planners know this, but are going to plan on campaigning as follows:

"We know the measures were harsh, we know it was uncomfortable, but NOW, thanks to our great leadership, we are past the pandemic."

Of course, we will be past the pandemic because of natural immunity, but sheeple gonna sheeple.
That is their only way out. To double down the next 3 months with even harsher measures to claim victory. And claim the vaccines saved us. The good news is not every other country will buy it.

Well, I'm not sure it isn't more of a lack of principles on the left.

Many very intelligent people have observed that the standard leftist holds power as his over-riding principle. Truth - subordinate to Power. Morality - subordinate to Power. Human dignity - subordinate to Power.

As such, you get the entire left chanting for lockdowns, mask mandates, vaccine passports. Yet all they have to do to protect themselves is wear an N95 mask, properly fitted.

But wearing an N95 mask does not grant them power. Mandates do.
Requiring OTHERS to wear masks even if not effective ones also gives them power

In the past 10 weeks:

5% partially vacced

So 37% of deaths vaccinated. That seems higher than most of what folks on here are suggesting

So 37% of deaths vaccinated. That seems higher than most of what folks on here are suggesting
I have back calculated it a few different times.

The vaccine effectiveness against death is about 85%.

For people who can die (no one under 65 dies from Covid, statistically speaking), the vaccine rate is about 84% depending on the area of the country.

So, we expect about (.84 * (1-.85)) / ( (.87 *(1-.85) + (.16)) = .44 or 44% of the deaths to be among the vaccinated. Close enough.

Reactions: bison13
Just some crazy spiking going on in the North. I think based on how it is rising, we are going to be at or greater than the peaking last year that occurred in January. Interesting to note that the southern states are seeing hardly any spiking, very small.

Interesting to see if the mainstream media goes hard at Wolff and Cuumo's replacement in NY, and Murphy, etc...and all those northern state governors like they went after Abbott and Desantis. Or go back and say they were wrong. Again, showing this is about politics and not medical science.

Also note, vaccine is now about protecting yourself and not transmission. Data shows that vaccinated can now transmit delta and omicron same as the unvaccinated. Our office manager just tested positive and she is fully vaxed plus booster.

Just some crazy spiking going on in the North. I think based on how it is rising, we are going to be at or greater than the peaking last year that occurred in January. Interesting to note that the southern states are seeing hardly any spiking, very small.

Interesting to see if the mainstream media goes hard at Wolff and Cuumo's replacement in NY, and Murphy, etc...and all those northern state governors like they went after Abbott and Desantis. Or go back and say they were wrong. Again, showing this is about politics and not medical science.

Also note, vaccine is now about protecting yourself and not transmission. Data shows that vaccinated can now transmit delta and omicron same as the unvaccinated. Our office manager just tested positive and she is fully vaxed plus booster.
Ive been saying that for months. The UK data proved that....some on here said I was wrong....youre all forgiven...lol

Interesting data point. Where I work is on the border with Camden, NJ. There is a private grocery store down the street that is on the edge of town that a lot of hispanic's goto as they cater to that community with a lot of hispanic and caribbean island food. I go there to get lunch a lot as they have a ton of really nice fresh fruit and vegetables. Most of the people in the store are hispanic and generally at the lower end of the economic spectrum. I would say that about 90% of the people in the store have masks on. So the minority community appears to be much more mask driven with that one data point.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Penn Medicine, Lancaster General Health numbers from 12/13 -

109 Covid patients hospitalized. 82% unvaccinated
ICU - 21 Covid patients - 86% unvaccinated
Ventilators - 17 Covid patients - 82% unvaccinated

This from Denmark
  • In Denmark, where about 80% of the population has been vaccinated, three-fourths of Omicron cases are among fully vaccinated people, and another 9% are among those who have received a booster shot, according to a report released by the Statens Serum Institut yesterday.
So vaccinated and boosted make up 83.9% of omicron. All the other varients 53% of cases are in vaxxed and boosted in the last 3 weeks. I'm surprised they are testing so much for varients, unless they have a different technology then here. I've read its not done as much here as you would thing, too costly. Check out the age break down of new cases.

This from Denmark
  • In Denmark, where about 80% of the population has been vaccinated, three-fourths of Omicron cases are among fully vaccinated people, and another 9% are among those who have received a booster shot, according to a report released by the Statens Serum Institut yesterday.
So vaccinated and boosted make up 83.9% of omicron. All the other varients 53% of cases are in vaxxed and boosted in the last 3 weeks. I'm surprised they are testing so much for varients, unless they have a different technology then here. I've read its not done as much here as you would thing, too costly. Check out the age break down of new cases.

excellent data set. seems as if basically from an age perspective every age group plus/minus equal. so if 80% vaccinated and 83% of cases among vaccinated, basically saying vaccine is not stopping omicron.

Hospital data suggests that vaccine keeps you out of hospital and ICU at a much higher rate.

now what to make of the most recent Israeli data which is suggesting that the booster helps combat Omicron and without a booster basically the original shots don't do much. Is that not do much for getting vaccine or keeping out of hospitla, that is what i did not get.

some quesitons and comments. first, if you are over age 50, it is clear you should get vaccinated.

Second, I suspect if you are on a ventilator you are in ICU. So there are probably 21 patients in ICU, 17 on a vent. Point is that it isn't cumulative.

Second, many of those unvaccinated are doing so under doctor's orders. I know a lot of people who are allergic to an ingredient or have a comorbidity severe enough that the side affects of the vaccine could be a serious health problem. So for them, it is rock and hard place.

Reactions: PSU Lion 2000
some quesitons and comments. first, if you are over age 50, it is clear you should get vaccinated.

Second, I suspect if you are on a ventilator you are in ICU. So there are probably 21 patients in ICU, 17 on a vent. Point is that it isn't cumulative.

Second, many of those unvaccinated are doing so under doctor's orders. I know a lot of people who are allergic to an ingredient or have a comorbidity severe enough that the side affects of the vaccine could be a serious health problem. So for them, it is rock and hard place.
CDC Hosp./Death by Age Group

The CDC shows data by age group when compared to the base case (18-29 years old). I was a little surprised by the hospitalization numbers. Not really that much variation over the age groups. The big difference shows up in the deaths.

So PA just released there last 3 week post vaccination numbers. They keep going the wrong way. Two of the main interesting items. One the only have deaths though Sept 30th....at that time 29% of all deaths were vaxxed in the month of September. Then they list cases for the previous 30 days as of Oct 4th 26% of those were vaxxed.(they do have more 30 day periods for cases) During that window 29% of deaths and 26% of cases were vaxxed. The other part I find intesting but not surprising the number of hospitalizations with unknown vax status. When they add that to the "unvaxxed and not fully vaxxed" it doubles the amount of hospitalizations. My question is how can they not know that large of a percentage of hospitalizations vax status. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Post-Vaccination-Data.aspx

So PA just released there last 3 week post vaccination numbers. They keep going the wrong way. Two of the main interesting items. One the only have deaths though Sept 30th....at that time 29% of all deaths were vaxxed in the month of September. Then they list cases for the previous 30 days as of Oct 4th 26% of those were vaxxed.(they do have more 30 day periods for cases) During that window 29% of deaths and 26% of cases were vaxxed. The other part I find intesting but not surprising the number of hospitalizations with unknown vax status. When they add that to the "unvaxxed and not fully vaxxed" it doubles the amount of hospitalizations. My question is how can they not know that large of a percentage of hospitalizations vax status. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Post-Vaccination-Data.aspx
It appears that Omnicron is much more contagious and vax resistant (in terms of catching it). But the data is showing that it is much less damaging. Let's hope that holds.

Reactions: bison13 and Ski
i would assume the 'uknown' vax status is for those that go into the hospital with mild symptons and just are in and out like a typical ER visit, so non-serious cases. I cannot believe that they don't know vaccine status for people who end up in the ICU or admitted overnight for serious level complications that appear to be like Covid.

Reactions: roswelllion
I think it's pretty safe to assume that the "real" number is closer to the 13% figure that spans one full year. Just some clean up on record keeping. If you are vaccinated, it's easy to prove. If you only "claim" to be or decline to say one way or another it takes time to straighten it out.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the "real" number is closer to the 13% figure that spans one full year. Just some clean up on record keeping. If you are vaccinated, it's easy to prove. If you only "claim" to be or decline to say one way or another it takes time to straighten it out.
Its no where near the 13% figure. Thats taking into account when no one vaxxed. They are putting that out to make you think the vax stops transmission. All the data pre August is junk and they know it. On top of that this has nothing to do with cleaning up records. This is CURRENT data. Something that other countries have done for months. We continue to hide behind the first half of the year. There is a reason for that btw.

if you look at the Northern states right now, they are like Florida was in the summer. Just huge spiking going on. again, not seeing the MSM killing the state govenors like they did to Desantis in Florida. Based on how long Florida spike lasted and last year's spike, I expect this will continue into January before starting to come back down.

if you look at the Northern states right now, they are like Florida was in the summer. Just huge spiking going on. again, not seeing the MSM killing the state govenors like they did to Desantis in Florida. Based on how long Florida spike lasted and last year's spike, I expect this will continue into January before starting to come back down.
one of the missing evaluation pieces is level of severity. As I understand it, NFL GM's are up in arms because they are concerned about being able to finish the season on a disease that has yet to notch one serious case of COVID. PSU had a similar, non-COVID issue this fall.

one of the missing evaluation pieces is level of severity. As I understand it, NFL GM's are up in arms because they are concerned about being able to finish the season on a disease that has yet to notch one serious case of COVID. PSU had a similar, non-COVID issue this fall.
I'm getting a huge kick out of the NBA and NYC. Kyrie isn't able to play...why he's not vaccinated. Why does he have to be vaccinated? To not spread it to other people. MIC DROP!

At what point do people say enough(I know there are people that need it for protection---most dont)

Notice how these data sets compare vaxxed vs non vaxxed. No mention of people that had previous Covid infections and how they handled a second infection. Perhaps they don’t track that which is pretty bad if they don’t. Or, perhaps no one in that category has been hospitalized which would be huge information to have.

Couple of real life Covid cases:

Office Manager in our office just got Covid. her and husband both fully vaxxed and boosted. Husband got it at the eye doctor it appears as he went there and a few days later got it and he got notice from eye doctor that their office was closed due to covid. She basically says it feels like a bad flu, had issues for about 48+ hours now. She is in her early 60's and relatively healthy (as is her husband).

Guy downstairs in his early 60's and not very healthy. A little overweight but nowhere near obese. On a lot of medications mainly surrounding a auto-immune disorder and some complications that come with that. So worst case scenario really as on some immune suppression drugs. He is fully vaxxed. Got Covid and was in hospital and put on Remsidivir. Had to go off most of his medications to go on Remsidivir. Never put on a ventilator, just some supplemental air. So he said he never felt horrible and feared for his life, like a bad flu. So he comes out of the hospital and goes home. A couple of days later, he starts feeling horrible again with low O2. Goes back to hospital but doesn't test positive for Covid but basically has all the symptoms of it. Long story short, he was in and out of hospital for 10 weeks which eventually was all tracked back to the fact that due to Covid, he had to go off all his normal meds to take Remsidivir. So when he finally tests negative for COvid, his body is so weak from Covid and now he is off his meds for his co-morbidity, that essentially his co-morbidity takes over and put's him in a really bad situation. So Covid basically put him out for a week but the consequences of being taken off his meds and Covid weakening his immune system allowed his co-morbidities to take back over and knock him out (and make him much more sick) for the ensuing 8+ weeks.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT