ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Ouch. Locally, there are a handful of hospitals that are at capacity. It is a three-fold problem. The first is the undeniable spike in COVID cases. While your risk factors are much higher if unvaxxed, being vaxxed is no get out of jail free card. The second is that it is just hard to hire people right now and hospitals are understaffed. That includes ICU. Lastly, the hospitals drove a lot of people away with Vax mandates. So much so that both major CLE hospitals (CLE Clinic and University) both shit canned the policies. But not before a lot of people left who were proactive thinking they'd get a job and quit before being furloughed. Several have become "contract hires" for other hospitals. If one is covered by a partner's insurance, they can actually make more money as contract hires.

We have shot ourselves in the foot.
And your local primary care practices are doing nothing on the front end to help minimize the impact on hospitals. They won’t even see you if you have any symptoms related to Covid. My son just had it and was sicker in October due to double ear infection that worsened because they wouldn’t see him than with actual Covid. Those people are sitting in ERs.

Thats what they do in Florida. One of my employees tested positive a few weeks ago. He's over 50, over weight, high BP, diabetic....his Dr office calls to tell him he's positive. This was about a week after symptoms started because he thought he had the cold his vaccinated wife had. So the nurse on the phone offers him monoclonal antibodies...he's says what are they? She says I don't know. 2 days later Dr calls to check on him, he asks what the monoclonal thing is. She tells him but its now too late. How does a nurse not have that answer when they call? He's fine but he's lucky he fits the profile perfectly for being admitted.

Good lesson here regarding monoclonal antibodies. The protocol at Mt Nittany is: 1) a positive test and 2) less than 5 days out from first symptoms. In preparation, I called the monoclonal antibody office and made a test run to their office. Preparation is key.

honestly, i have no idea what the truth is but....

CDC issues grim forecast warning that weekly COVID cases will jump by 55% to 1.3 MILLION by Christmas Day and that deaths will surge by 73% to 15,600 a week as Omicron becomes dominant strain

• The CDC warns that there will be as many as 1.3 million new COVID-19 cases over the week of Christmas, and a 73% increase in Covid deaths by early January
  • The Omicron COVID-19 variant has been sequenced 241 times in 37 U.S. states, including Washington D.C., as the variant continues to spread nationwide
  • The CDC reported Tuesday that the variant now accounts for 3% of sequenced of cases - a seven-fold increased from last week, although in NY and NJ the variant is believed to be behind 13% of cases
  • It is feared that a 'tidal wave' of Omicron is headed for US shores, with the UK recording its biggest one day case total ever on Thursday- 78,610 - with 10,000 of those cases confirmed as Omicron
  • One of the largest US outbreaks of the Omicron variant to date is believed to have occurred at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, where almost all 930 cases over the past week are believed to be of the variant
  • All of the confirmed Omicron cases in the Cornell University are among people who are fully vaccinated, and some of them are in people who've also had boosters
  • Cases in the U.S. have increased by 46% over the past two weeks, and deaths are up 40% - as the country eclipsed 800,000 total deaths and 50 million total cases earlier this week
  • In the UK, cases continue to grow, though deaths caused by the virus have actually decreased over the past two weeks
  • A recent South African study finds that Omicron spread faster than other virus variants, but is 20% less likely to cause hospitalization

Good lesson here regarding monoclonal antibodies. The protocol at Mt Nittany is: 1) a positive test and 2) less than 5 days out from first symptoms. In preparation, I called the monoclonal antibody office and made a test run to their office. Preparation is key.
So you are saying MABs work best within five days of onset of symptoms. Good to know.

A fully vaccinated Ohio State basketball team canceled game with Kentucky due to Covid positive tests within team.
This gets funnier and funnier by the day. The only reason most of these athletes got the vax was to not get or spread. Oops..!

Anyone see the new return to play for the NFL?

Fully vaxxed don't need a negative test anymore, just two tests saying they are able to spread it. Of course an unvaxxed could test the same way but they can't come back for 10 days. Glad to see someone getting creative and following some science but not completely. So my questions is, how long are you truely contagious? I'm betting its a whole lot less then 10 days.

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man. Godzilla!

A new study out of Columbia University says the Omicron variant is “markedly resistant” to vaccines and boosters might not do much to help, spelling bad news for the country as Omicron spreads and COVID-19 cases rise nationally.​
“A striking feature of this variant is the large number of spike mutations that pose a threat to the efficacy of current COVID-19 vaccines and antibody therapies,” according to the study authored by more than 20 scientists at Columbia and the University of Hong Kong.​

1. Are we testing people with no symptoms?
2. Is every person that gets a sniffle getting tested?

One thing I will add to this as my wife has done her homework. She called UPMC when son tested positive and they basically say "you dont qualify". No questions asked and my wife informs them that was incorrect and he does qualify due to ABC. So they tell her that our area is unlikely to get scheduled due to lack of facilities but Pittsburgh has openings everywhere if you want to drive two hours. Next morning they have an opening locally. WTF?

I'm guessing they have had turnover and these people don't know what they are doing. These services shouldn't be going unused and by all means there are a lot of people hospitalized unnecessarily.

Reactions: NC2017
1. Are we testing people with no symptoms?
2. Is every person that gets a sniffle getting tested?
Yes and Yes
Actually, yes and maybe. They don’t test everyone with a sniffle. Call and you will be told to wait until more serious symptoms show up. They don’t want people coming in for every sniffle because they are so overwhelmed already.

Reactions: Texas Lion
honestly, i have no idea what the truth is but....

CDC issues grim forecast warning that weekly COVID cases will jump by 55% to 1.3 MILLION by Christmas Day and that deaths will surge by 73% to 15,600 a week as Omicron becomes dominant strain

• The CDC warns that there will be as many as 1.3 million new COVID-19 cases over the week of Christmas, and a 73% increase in Covid deaths by early January
  • The Omicron COVID-19 variant has been sequenced 241 times in 37 U.S. states, including Washington D.C., as the variant continues to spread nationwide
  • The CDC reported Tuesday that the variant now accounts for 3% of sequenced of cases - a seven-fold increased from last week, although in NY and NJ the variant is believed to be behind 13% of cases
  • It is feared that a 'tidal wave' of Omicron is headed for US shores, with the UK recording its biggest one day case total ever on Thursday- 78,610 - with 10,000 of those cases confirmed as Omicron
  • One of the largest US outbreaks of the Omicron variant to date is believed to have occurred at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, where almost all 930 cases over the past week are believed to be of the variant
  • All of the confirmed Omicron cases in the Cornell University are among people who are fully vaccinated, and some of them are in people who've also had boosters
  • Cases in the U.S. have increased by 46% over the past two weeks, and deaths are up 40% - as the country eclipsed 800,000 total deaths and 50 million total cases earlier this week
  • In the UK, cases continue to grow, though deaths caused by the virus have actually decreased over the past two weeks
  • A recent South African study finds that Omicron spread faster than other virus variants, but is 20% less likely to cause hospitalization
Meanwhile, Omicron hasn't killed a single person.

Actually, yes and maybe. They don’t test everyone with a sniffle. Call and you will be told to wait until more serious symptoms show up. They don’t want people coming in for every sniffle because they are so overwhelmed already.
I should have clarified that....every person with a sniffle is looking to get tested. All you have to do is go to CVS and say you had close contact and your good.

Funny story with people being told to wait to be tested. daughters BF 2 weeks ago had symptoms at night, next day went to college testing site and asked to be tested. They told him he wasn't sick enough yet. He mentioned he had close contact(my daughter) still not sick enough yet. He left went to Wendys, could taste his burger, went back was tested and was positive.

Just curious, why "no Vax yet"?
Well- simply because I've read of adverse affects to it (I know a couple people), and I still consider it a trial drug not approved by the FDA. The MRNA stuff is just too new to me. Strong lungs, don't smoke, in good shape, and take my vitamins. From what I can see, a lot of vaxed people are sick, getting anti bodies (people were pouring in there vaccinated), and getting hospitalized (I saw it first hand). I'll probably get something, but was just doing research and I lost my bet. My wife is the one with the asthma, so better me than her. She got it but not as bad.

I almost fought it off, I just couldn't. I was actually a pretty mild case and it still sucked.

Reactions: john4psu
Well- simply because I've read of adverse affects to it (I know a couple people), and I still consider it a trial drug not approved by the FDA. The MRNA stuff is just too new to me. Strong lungs, don't smoke, in good shape, and take my vitamins. From what I can see, a lot of vaxed people are sick, getting anti bodies (people were pouring in there vaccinated), and getting hospitalized (I saw it first hand). I'll probably get something, but was just doing research and I lost my bet. My wife is the one with the asthma, so better me than her. She got it but not as bad.

I almost fought it off, I just couldn't. I was actually a pretty mild case and it still sucked.
Can I ask, if it wasn't "Covid" would you have been concerned at all? Just wondering, most people I've talked to have said they wouldn't have been.

A fully vaccinated Ohio State basketball team canceled game with Kentucky due to Covid positive tests within team.
The problem isn't the vaccinated that are catching Covid - it is going to happen like the OSU basketball team. They'll have mild cases - for the most part. The vaccines have promoted that they will prevent overwhelming hospital stays and deaths which is THE PROBLEM.

I just listened to the Ohio governor pleading to get the vaccine as the Ohio hospitals are getting very close to capacity and 9 of 10 Covid patients are unvaccinated. Honestly, I'm at the point where I just don't understand what people are thinking anymore. And once an unvaccinated catches Covid and ends up going to the hospital, they'll demand care because, by God, it's their right, Really sad especially for the overwhelmed medical community

The problem isn't the vaccinated that are catching Covid - it is going to happen like the OSU basketball team. They'll have mild cases - for the most part. The vaccines have promoted that they will prevent overwhelming hospital stays and deaths which is THE PROBLEM.

I just listened to the Ohio governor pleading to get the vaccine as the Ohio hospitals are getting very close to capacity and 9 of 10 Covid patients are unvaccinated. Honestly, I'm at the point where I just don't understand what people are thinking anymore. And once an unvaccinated catches Covid and ends up going to the hospital, they'll demand care because, by God, it's their right, Really sad especially for the overwhelmed medical community
I agree with all of this if you are over 40 or have a comorbidity. If you are 17 years old, the risk of taking the vax appears to be larger than the virus. I would also note that may countries have put a hold on the J&J vax.

Reactions: Ski

It's a no brainer at this point....but people need pretend hills to literally die on. Caring for fellow humans is dead to many.

I agree with all of this if you are over 40 or have a comorbidity. If you are 17 years old, the risk of taking the vax appears to be larger than the virus. I would also note that may countries have put a hold on the J&J vax.

I have a niece in Lima Ohio who refused the vaccine and she just spent 7 days in an ICU - she's 34 and had - supposedly - great health

We're only into this nasty disease around 1 1/2 to 2 years and the thing we really don't have a grasp on - and won't for a while - are the long-term effects on the heart and lungs of the younger people now catching it. My grandson caught it before the vaccine and had a rough time and I'm constantly worrying about his future health - especially his heart and lungs

I reluctantly got my Pfizer booster today because I am visiting my brother in Hawaii on Friday. He has weird heart and lung problems that pop up out of nowhere every 6 months and docs can't figure out. (Otherwise, he is a surfer and extremely healthy) Cardiologist disagrees with pulmonary doc. To increase the chances of me not becoming a nuisance in Hawaii, I got the shot although you can't trust pharma or the CDC. (My brother is boosted and not personally afraid of Covid)

Have had my antibodies tested twice. Had 886 on Sept. 21 and 490 on 12/16. Don't totally know the meaning of these numbers, but if I do the tests, it will force me to do more.

There is still ZERO need for 99% of the population to get vaxxed. Most people in the ER's don't belong there. People panic and their Dr's won't see them. BTW this has been going on in the UK for months. Of the 8235 ER visits in the UK 3532 were unvaxxed. Anyone who tells you that 9 out of 10 are unvaxxed here are full of BS.

I have a niece in Lima Ohio who refused the vaccine and she just spent 7 days in an ICU - she's 34 and had - supposedly - great health

We're only into this nasty disease around 1 1/2 to 2 years and the thing we really don't have a grasp on - and won't for a while - are the long-term effects on the heart and lungs of the younger people now catching it. My grandson caught it before the vaccine and had a rough time and I'm constantly worrying about his future health - especially his heart and lungs
Yet you're not worried about a vaccine THAT IS PROVEN to cause heart issues. Yep minus all common sense.

Reactions: blmr31

I hope they are OK...but I would suggest that it is all a game of probabilities. I haven't seen the statistics on any of this and suspect the govt is hiding it. There is a big problem with J&J. There is a lesser problem with the other two. However, the fact that they are hiding the statistics tells me it is a bigger problem than they want us to see.

I hope they are OK...but I would suggest that it is all a game of probabilities. I haven't seen the statistics on any of this and suspect the govt is hiding it. There is a big problem with J&J. There is a lesser problem with the other two. However, the fact that they are hiding the statistics tells me it is a bigger problem than they want us to see.
And every other government on the globe is promoting this damn vaccine too for the most part. They must be in on it too I guess? I get not trusting the government, but the medical community overall is pretty much onboard with this vaccine. Some people have bad reactions to various shots or vaccines....there is always that element. Just like any medicine, some people have reactions to them. It doesn't make them unsafe to everyone. Then again Nikkie Minaj probably knows best about the testicles of her cousin, seems legit info is usually behind these claims.

Over 4 billion people have had at least one shot, so there should be some data somewhere to suggest how unsafe they are. I mean the J&J info isn't being withheld, but it must be for the others and the world leaders are killing their own people on purpose. Pretty sick move by them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: wolve1972
Can I ask, if it wasn't "Covid" would you have been concerned at all? Just wondering, most people I've talked to have said they wouldn't have been.
Sorry- not sure what you mean. If you mean the vax, I've started to really pay attention to what I put in my body the last 10 years or so. I'm in the medical industry, so I'm fairly in tune with how the FDA works, and I don't think its as affective as others and am doing research. Not political at all. I'm leaning on getting the J&J shot, due to it being more like a flu shot. But I can't get anything for 90 days because I had the antibody treatment.

Trust me- to each their own. If people feel comfortable with it, go for it. I'm not in the risk demographic with age or underlying conditions. I bounced back relatively fast compared to some I know, but it still got me.

Well it seems to me the "problems" are being focussed on J&J because they are not the mRNA. 9 deaths in 16 million shots while serious is IMO not enough to destroy the vaccine. Especially when 7 of the 9 were at specific group. [women 18-49]. It seems there are numerous VAERs reports that suggest the mRNA vaccines aren't without issues.

Well it seems to me the "problems" are being focussed on J&J because they are not the mRNA. 9 deaths in 16 million shots while serious is IMO not enough to destroy the vaccine. Especially when 7 of the 9 were at specific group. [women 18-49]. It seems there are numerous VAERs reports that suggest the mRNA vaccines aren't without issues.
9 that we know of. And what of the non-death complications? And what age groups? If it is age 60, I get it. If ist is age 14, where there are almost zero deaths, it is a big issue. Moreover, where can I get this data so that I can assess risk for my family? It is non-existent. So why is it being hidden? These are fundamental questions that everyone should be availed of.

So, case in point, now they want to give kids three shots (not boosters, primary shots):

And every other government on the globe is promoting this damn vaccine too for the most part. They must be in on it too I guess? I get not trusting the government, but the medical community overall is pretty much onboard with this vaccine.

Over 4 billion people have had at least one shot, so there should be some data somewhere to suggest how unsafe they are. I mean the J&J info isn't being withheld, but it must be for the others and the world leaders are killing their own people on purpose. Pretty sick move by them all.
Exactly. The problem I'm picking up on - more and more today - is that many people get locked into a stance and refuse to give an inch even when they know differently.

I was initially very skeptical of the vaccine but like you said - every government on earth and the entire medical community and science are behind it but yet it's a mass conspiracy. All I can say is Jesus H Christ - enough

Last edited:
Reactions: LaJollaLion
Exactly. The problem I'm picking up on - more and more today - is that many people get locked into a stance and refuse to give an inch even when they know differently.

I was initially very skeptical of the vaccine but like you said - every government on earth and the entire medical community and science is behind it but yet it's a mass conspiracy. All I can say is Jesus H Christ - enough
Sorry the enitre medical community is not behind it. And definintely not for the non vulnerable. And with every passing day anyone skepitcal of the vaccines continue to be proven right. BTW almost every government on earth believes in natural immunity, ours doesn't. Why?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: roswelllion

I was initially very skeptical of the vaccine but like you said - every government on earth and the entire medical community and science is behind it but yet it's a mass conspiracy. All I can say is Jesus H Christ - enough

It's really hard for anyone to make a sound argument against it anymore. The funniest ones are the ones that are vaccinated and argue staunchly against it. We all agree should shouldn't have to mandate things that are common f--king sense, but yet people threw hissy fits with seat belts too babbling about their freedom. Vaccine mandates have been around for centuries, this is nothing new, but now people can be persuaded by anyone telling them what they want to hear.

It seems like this variant is going to rip through the country, but it also appears it's a bit less deadly. Hospitals will get full again and we know who the vast majority of people who will be in there. SSDD

Last edited:
Reactions: wolve1972
new, but now people can be persuaded by anyone telling them what they want to hear.

It seems like this variant is going to rip through the country, but it also appears it's a bit less deadly. Hospitals will get full again and we know who the vast majority of people who will be in there. SSDD
Bingo

9 that we know of. And what of the non-death complications? And what age groups? If it is age 60, I get it. If ist is age 14, where there are almost zero deaths, it is a big issue. Moreover, where can I get this data so that I can assess risk for my family? It is non-existent. So why is it being hidden? These are fundamental questions that everyone should be availed of.

So, case in point, now they want to give kids three shots (not boosters, primary shots):

Regarding J&J ( the vaccine I got) their own data shows the TTS (blood clotting issue) and the Guillain Barre syndrome in good detail.,I guess it is a risk that they are honest.It shows total cases deaths recoveries and by age group. Your point is well taken however. It seems hard to get good data all parties agree with. Also other countries have differing data.

Some more data, with some basic conclusions.

When no one was vaccinated (Nov - Feb), we had ABOUT 200K cases per day and about 3000 deaths per day. So, the ratio was 1.5 deaths per 100 reported cases before vaccine.

Currently, with 85% of the age groups that can die of Covid (65+), we have about 120K cases per day and about 1400 deaths per day. So the ratio is now about 0.85 deaths per reported case.

We all know that the reported cases are NOT all of the cases, because some people get it, are asymptomatic, or simply tough it out and recover. Now, a reasonable assumption is that the same ratio of reported to total cases exists now as before. That number has often been estimated about 4 total cases for every one reported case.

Working with that assumption:

Death Rate(before) = Deaths Unvaxxed = (1.5/100)
Deaths(after vaccine available) = Deaths vaxxed + Deaths unvaxxed

Deaths(after vax) = (% vaxxed) * (1-VE) * Death Rate (Unvaxxed) + (%Unvaxxed) * Death Rate (Unvaxxed)

(0.85/100) = 0.85 * (1-VE) * (1.5/100) + 0.15 * (1.5/100)

so, (1-VE) = 0.49

Vaccine effectiveness (death) = 0.51 or 51%.

So, either a lot more people are getting infected than the numbers show, or the vaccine really isn't working nearly as well as we had hoped.

US-Daily-Cases-Covid.png

US-Daily-Deaths-Covid.png

If you have 2 hours. Listen to the Joe Rogan interview with Dr McCullough. If even ONE thing he says is right(I would wager his info is spot on) FAUCI should be hung. This would all be over if he didn't decide vaccines were the only way out.

If you have 2 hours. Listen to the Joe Rogan interview with Dr McCullough. If even ONE thing he says is right(I would wager his info is spot on) FAUCI should be hung. This would all be over if he didn't decide vaccines were the only way out.
Ya people want to waste 2 hours listening to that idiot antivax hack conspiracy guy. Youre going to lose a lot of money if you wager he is spot on

Link it, please.

Also, a better post would be to highlight the key conclusions.

Not snarking or complaining, just trying to help make the board more informative/easier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT