ADVERTISEMENT

US Women’s Nationals

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017
Us women’s nationals which sets the U15, U17, U20, and U23 world teams is going on this weekend. U20 is the big one with most of the best young women competing. Amit Elor is in the finals at 72kg and the biggest match that everyone wants to see between Kylie Welker and Kennedy Blades is happening in the finals at 76kg. The US women’s teams are going to be very good again. Not on Japans level but maybe inching a bit closer. Watch on Flo and brackets are on track

Blades wins match 1 vs Welker 8-6. Down 6-4 with 10 seconds left and got a td and an exposure! Really great match.

Was just coming over here to see if anyone had made a thread for this tournament. These two are both medal contenders, it's a shame only one will represent us. Welker seemed to have an answer for everything Blades threw at her but stopped shooting and couldn't stop Blades' last late shot.

Was just coming over here to see if anyone had made a thread for this tournament. These two are both medal contenders, it's a shame only one will represent us. Welker seemed to have an answer for everything Blades threw at her but stopped shooting and couldn't stop Blades' last late shot.
Yeah Welker completely shut it down in the second. I don’t think she took a single shot once she got up 6-4. Good on Kennedy for continuing to attack. It is a shame that one of these girls is going to be on the sideline watching at worlds

Wow! Kennedy Blades is a beast. 3 quick tds and a fall over Welker. She is so damn good.

Elor with 2 quick techs to win 72kg

I believe Amit stated previously that if she qualified, she would stay at 72 kg. for this year's World Championships and be dropping to 68 kg. for the Olympics. That leaves Adeline, Kennedy and Kylie battling it out at 76 kg. I don't believe any of those three would be able to cut to 68 kg. for an Olympic run.

I believe Amit stated previously that if she qualified, she would stay at 72 kg. for this year's World Championships and be dropping to 68 kg. for the Olympics. That leaves Adeline, Kennedy and Kylie battling it out at 76 kg. I don't believe any of those three would be able to cut to 68 kg. for an Olympic run.
You need to throw Yelena Makoyed in the 76kg conversation as well. She has leveled up and been killing everyone lately. I hope Elor can make it down to 68kg for the Olympics because so many incredibly talented 76kg ladies are going to watching from the stands as is

You need to throw Yelena Makoyed in the 76kg conversation as well. She has leveled up and been killing everyone lately. I hope Elor can make it down to 68kg for the Olympics because so many incredibly talented 76kg ladies are going to watching from the stands as is
Thanks for the reminder on Yelena. It really is a shame the five of them are so close in weight and even more so that there are only six Olympic weights for the men and women.

I hope Amit goes on to Burroughs-level influence. If I were a HS coach, I'd have pictures of her in the room and our school. She is such a tough wrestler, doing what most would almost think impossible. She has built such strength on top of her wrestling ability. I think really high of her.

I hope Amit goes on to Burroughs-level influence. If I were a HS coach, I'd have pictures of her in the room and our school. She is such a tough wrestler, doing what most would almost think impossible. She has built such strength on top of her wrestling ability. I think really high of her.
No shit. Her picture is on my wall right now. Told my wife it's motivation to hit the gym lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT