ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer starting out just like it was college

I understand why they needed them.
The Jags suck.
yeah...like it or not, it's a smart move. He can blame everything on the previous regime and get great draft picks for 2022. Nobody will blame him until 2022.

I know I'm going to regret asking. But can you give some evidence that he cheated at OSU?
I’ll start with swooping in to take committed recruits when PSU’s board of trustees pooped the bed at the beginning of the Sandusky travesty. While not cheating, it was unethical and a indication of his sliminess. So that’s where we’ll start.

I’ll start with swooping in to take committed recruits when PSU’s board of trustees pooped the bed at the beginning of the Sandusky travesty. While not cheating, it was unethical and a indication of his sliminess. So that’s where we’ll start.
He actively covered up a spousal abuse incident at tOSU on the part of one of his staff members who was Earl Bruce's kid. Obviously, it was to "save face" for the program. That was the end of his career at tOSU.

Does shaky stuff happening under his watch count or is he not responsible for that?

The Tosu CULTURE. o_O is just fine. hayes, cooper, tressel, meyer, strauss, etc., etc., etc. It’s all good.

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State has a culture problem.

I’ve never understood this point of view. He should have just stood by patiently and waited until the PSU BOT get their shit together to make it a fair fight? His job was to win football games at Ohio State, not allow his biggest threat time to sort themselves out so they can maintain their recruits.

What's the over/under on seasons as Jax coach before he quits due to health reasons and sits next to Terry, Jimmy, Howie, etc. as an NFL analyst?

Reactions: bison13
What is he going to do to replace his co-ed fix? Figured this would be his biggest adjustment to the NFL.

I know I'm going to regret asking. But can you give some evidence that he cheated at OSU?
Well you had to ask. My neighbor in the Columbus area (Powell) told me about duhOSU’s offseason team activities. Why would my neighbor know? Her brothers played for OSU in the past and her nephew was an active scholarship player at the time, so she had deep connections to the team and knew firsthand what was going on.

Although the players were not supposed to be supervised by team staff, the activities were pretty much run by staff on the sly. When her nephew missed a couple of the activities (basically mini practices) because he was studying for exams or attending class as he was an actual serious student unlike the vast majority of his teammates, he was called into UM’s office and told that team staff observed he was not at some of these supposedly “voluntary” activities. So UM told him, he had to make a choice - he either played football, or went to school for an education, and not both. He was told he had to make a decision about which activity he was going to do because the two were mutually exclusive. UM expected his players to “not to play school.” That comment did not come out of nowhere.

Needless to say my neighbor and her family, previous hardcore O$U fans and supporters became very disillusioned and stopped touting and rooting for the FB team after that. It was pretty stunning to me knowing how much they were in the tank for O$U football before that.

Huh ? Seriously ? There is absolutely nothing wrong or unethical with recruiting a kid until he signs on the dotted line - especially with the wave of decommitments in recent years. The only thing a verbal means anymore is "that you're my favorite school at this time." Can you honestly say that CJF backs off a recruit once the kid verbals to another school ?

And if my memory is correct, wasn't Meyer one of the very few opposing coaches (maybe the only one) who showed Joe a ton of respect and attended his funeral ?

Huh ? Seriously ? There is absolutely nothing wrong or unethical with recruiting a kid until he signs on the dotted line - especially with the wave of decommitments in recent years. The only thing a verbal means anymore is "that you're my favorite school at this time." Can you honestly say that CJF backs off a recruit once the kid verbals to another school ?

And if my memory is correct, wasn't Meyer one of the very few opposing coaches (maybe the only one) who showed Joe a ton of respect and attended his funeral ?
Great point! The way it is now justifies what he did then! You therefore are on the Pryor did nothing wrong as well as Reggie Bush or Curtis Enis.
Yes, Meyer showed at Joe’s funeral. Was it out of guilt for for jumping on kids like the vulture he was? Here’s the question to you Einstein. Would those kids have jumped if the previous referred to BOT STB event didn’t happen? He was a whore from the start. Stay in your own swill box.

I’ve never understood this point of view. He should have just stood by patiently and waited until the PSU BOT get their shit together to make it a fair fight? His job was to win football games at Ohio State, not allow his biggest threat time to sort themselves out so they can maintain their recruits.
He jumped in within the first week. So to answer your question, yes, he could have waited a week. His job was to win. And he did everything and anything to do it. That’s the point blockhead. You can win with honor. He didn’t. Case closed.

He jumped in within the first week. So to answer your question, yes, he could have waited a week. His job was to win. And he did everything and anything to do it. That’s the point blockhead. You can win with honor. He didn’t. Case closed.
Nonsense. He should wait until week two to try to recruit? Week three? He’s trying to build a football team. I can guarantee you he was not the only coach to do so, just the best.
Blockhead. Beautifully revealing language.

Reactions: wolve1972
It was pretty well known that JoePa wanted UM to be our next coach. UM had a history with many of the PSU recruits that followed him to the OSU. I'm sure JoePa had UM involved in PSU'S recruiting if he was going to be the next coach. Obviously that all changed with the 2nd Mile cover up.

Nonsense. He should wait until week two to try to recruit? Week three? He’s trying to build a football team. I can guarantee you he was not the only coach to do so, just the best.
Blockhead. Beautifully revealing language.
What’s beautifully revealing about you being a blockhead? It isn’t vulgar so you probably don’t understand. Type it into your browser and then hit images. It may look like a mirror or possibly a relative. Either way it is you. Glad I could explain to you.

What’s beautifully revealing about you being a blockhead? It isn’t vulgar so you probably don’t understand. Type it into your browser and then hit images. It may look like a mirror or possibly a relative. Either way it is you. Glad I could explain to you.
Revealing that you go down to such a juvenile level to find a put down.
Am I correct in assuming that you get upset at every recruit Franklin flips and did the same every time Joe flipped one? Or is it classier when Penn State does it?

We’re talking bout Urbs? We’re talking bout Urbs? Practice practice practice? WTF give it a rest and think about Saturday! Urbs will flame out soon enough!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT