ADVERTISEMENT

University (freestyle) Nationals - June 2-4

oh man did he hit the mat hard....he is out

edit: after the scare he is up......talking carson manville Decatur went F2B and manville landed flat on his back and whiplashed his head

sasso ran into a wall...and its name teemer.....sasso was wrecking people and just got wrecked himself in 2 straight.

Jason Tsristis (sp) in the consi bracket but looking like he is benefiting from his time in Arizona. Be nice to see him finish his college career with some dignity.

McHenry is good. He is also a cadet after his 10th grade season if I'm not mistaken. A lot of the kids wrestle cadet after their 8th grade season. Huge difference in maturity. Pretty tough to make comparisons between those kids.

Yeah Teemer looks like he put on 10 or 15 pounds and hasn't lost an ounce of explosiveness.

That wasnt just some "freestyle" win either. Sasso had nothing. I figured Sasso would make some adjustments and compete in the 2nd match and it looked like he could early but the chin whip and then the lightning re attack by Teemer that put him in a 6-1 hole just broke him.

Ridiculously impressive. Bummer as he is probably a situation where our depth and scholarship policy cost us - NYWrestler would know better - and he is going to end up being a thorn in our side.

Yeah Teemer looks like he put on 10 or 15 pounds and hasn't lost an ounce of explosiveness.

That wasnt just some "freestyle" win either. Sasso had nothing. I figured Sasso would make some adjustments and compete in the 2nd match and it looked like he could early but the chin whip and then the lightning re attack by Teemer that put him in a 6-1 hole just broke him.

Ridiculously impressive. Bummer as he is probably a situation where our depth and scholarship policy cost us - NYWrestler would know better - and he is going to end up being a thorn in our side.

But luckily at ASU.

McHenry is good. He is also a cadet after his 10th grade season if I'm not mistaken. A lot of the kids wrestle cadet after their 8th grade season. Huge difference in maturity. Pretty tough to make comparisons between those kids.
UWW cadet age is one year older than USA wrestling age.

But your point still stands he is wrestling 8th and 9th graders to get there. Hes wrestling 101lbs.

He projects to be great but he needs to add some size and that can be problematic for some kids.

And a quick 10-0 TF and Witt is on to Athens.
The international experience is such fast forward when it comes to beating tough kids and handling the intensity of high level tournaments. As far as PSU is concerned this is a best case scenario.

IIRC McHenry faced the same kid in last year's finals, and it went the full 3 matches.

Not going to knock the kid. He's terrific. We will see. Some people have already seen all they need to and imho that's premature.

Reactions: dicemen99
the mathers kid wrestled a heck of a tourney at 65kg...heil, hall & thorn today...thats impressive

Reactions: diggerpup

The win was a statement. The kid is chain wrestling in an original fashion like a Nolf or the way Zains turns are unique. This will be a tough win for PSU in the years to come and a fun kid to watch. Cael said it about Hall "he can pick and choose whether he wins or looses he is that good" this kid could be that good once he's adjusted to D1.

Btw, McHenry owns a win over Julian Tagg at the Beast of the East in December.

Several are becoming unhinged. At this stage, I want us to get McKenna if only to trigger some more insanity.

Woe to that board if Dresser and staff start making serious headway in returning Iowa State to the top tier
... and it's not just one lunatic, that post got 4 likes so far. That makes it a "Shut up because Sandusky" Award selection committee.

Add this to the pile of combustibles: Franklin just offered a 2019 Iowa QB. Of course the kid should choose the school that makes the most sense for him, and bummer if that turns out to be PSU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT