ADVERTISEMENT

University (freestyle) Nationals - June 2-4

dmm53

Feb 4, 2017
University (freestyle) Nationals are next weekend: June 2nd-4th. Winners usually go to World University championships , although last year I believe they didn't because of the political situation in Turkey, where the event was held. (I think Nico and McIntosh both won their weights but weren't able to travel because of the upheaval).

Two questions:

(1) Are there are any Penn State guys competing this year at University Nationals?

(2) Why are they holding the competition the week before Junior and Senior World Team Trials? That would seem to preclude most of the best university wrestlers from competing?

I was browsing Cassar's Instagram for the shirtless pics and he had a post that would make you think he is competing soon.

The Cadet Freestyle division at 76 kg has Wittlake, Ruth and Brooks from Hagerstown , MD entered.

Reactions: GSL
^^ Things you wish you could see the poster tell the wrestlers and their parents.

Also things that say more about the poster than the people he's talking about.

And here I was thinking you had me on ignore. Wasn't getting any bites. Nice to see you, Jefe.

Lemon is clearly trolling here, just seeing what he can stir up. Don't take the bait.

Doubtful. If he felt Greco results were relevant to anything, he would be ecstatic that Manville is competing for PSU. The next Kyle Snyder.

Actually, I wouldn't really expect much different in the results than above. Carpenter winning a match is great. Good to see these guys getting on the mat.

Reactions: diggerpup
Doubtful. If he felt Greco results were relevant to anything, he would be ecstatic that Manville is competing for PSU. The next Kyle Snyder.

Actually, I wouldn't really expect much different in the results than above. Carpenter winning a match is great. Good to see these guys getting on the mat.

I've warmed a bit on Manville. Looking forward to his folkstyle results next year.

You don't want results? Looks to me like they are getting zero support on this forum. Some people want Carpenter to start. I would think his results are important.
I'm open to all sorts of styles when it comes to posting thoughts and opinions. Some feel you leave out anything that may be seen as being negative towards our guys while others feel everything is fair game. I don't know if there is a right or wrong, can see both sides of it but will admit I like hearing what people really think instead of masking things and being "politically correct"...

Some interesting potential matches in the 76kg cadet freestyle bracket. Edmond Ruth should have his future team mate Ramirez in the round of 16. The winner of this match should have Wittlake in the quarters. Should be some good stuff.

I'm open to all sorts of styles when it comes to posting thoughts and opinions. Some feel you leave out anything that may be seen as being negative towards our guys while others feel everything is fair game. I don't know if there is a right or wrong, can see both sides of it but will admit I like hearing what people really think instead of masking things and being "politically correct"...

I agree with you to a certain extent (and I definitely know what you mean), but I think what people have a problem with is the times it is not being politically correct, but either an obvious jab at someone else, or showing a lack of consideration toward others and/or having no tact.

Rumors can be fun, but negative gossip and passing along knowingly false rumors is another thing I dislike (like how Cael gets hammered on other boards when they know nothing in reality other than perceptions and innuendo). They should not attack the person with rumors and gossip.

I really dislike political correctness also, but when someone says "Charles is just being Charles", they mean he is being an inconsiderate jerk (and I say that having always been a Barkley fan). Speaking your mind is not always the right decision and not speaking out does not necessarily mean you are being politically correct.

If everyone said everything we thought it would not be a nice world ("How do I look in this dress" would not be a welcome question sometimes). ;) Nothing wrong with a little thoughtfulness and consideration, but like you, I have no problem hearing opposing thoughts (and welcome them) if they are appropriately thought out and spoken.

BTW, my DVR also cutout on the Bo/Dean match....

It's not about being "politically correct." It's about having at least a trifle of respect.

If I'm not willing to say something to the wrestlers or their parents, then I won't say it anonymously behind a keyboard.

Though we probably are overdue for a parental blowup around here ... last one was Larry Lee?

Some interesting potential matches in the 76kg cadet freestyle bracket. Edmond Ruth should have his future team mate Ramirez in the round of 16. The winner of this match should have Wittlake in the quarters. Should be some good stuff.
Are they wrestling now ?

It's not about being "politically correct." It's about having at least a trifle of respect.

If I'm not willing to say something to the wrestlers or their parents, then I won't say it anonymously behind a keyboard.

Though we probably are overdue for a parental blowup around here ... last one was Larry Lee?

This has proven to be false with your comments regarding the Minnesota wrestlers and xanax.

Also, I'm sorry you take a prediction (which won't be far off) as disrespectful.

Larry Lee metaphorically threw his headgear ;)

Patrick Kennedy is on that side, too. From same HS as Brady Berge.

This has proven to be false with your xanax comments regarding the Minnesota wrestlers.

Also, I'm sorry you take a prediction (which won't be far off) as disrespectful.
Go ahead and point out the Xanax comments about the Minnesota wrestlers that I would not have made to the Minnesota wrestlers' faces. (As if that were even relevant, had no idea this was a Minnesota board, or one frequented by Minnesota wrestlers or family or even fans.) I'll wait.

OBTW, defensive much? I didn't name or aim my comment above. But you took offense to it.

Go ahead and point out the Xanax comments that I would not have made to the Minnesota wrestlers' faces. I'll wait.

OBTW, defensive much? I didn't name or aim my comment above. But you took offense to it.

Because you gave me that line earlier in the thread. Always on the lookout for the next message board citation or reprimand.

As usual Flo keeps crapping the bed and of course right during the Wittlake/Ramirez match. So disappointing. Missed the entire 2nd period.

ADVERTISEMENT