ADVERTISEMENT

University (freestyle) Nationals - June 2-4

Haha. I guess he deleted his post. Or the mods did. Unless I imagined it.
You didn't imagine it -- I saw it too.

For those who didn't: Mpchillin chuckled that he figured the Sandusky comment directed at jschrantz would make its way here, and then excused it on the grounds that "he asked for it by pointing out that Iowa once had Teasdale."

If he minds me mocking HR for it, then perhaps either he or any other Hawk could've said non-wrestling scandals don't belong on a wrestling board, or said HR should be better than "shut up because child rape." Excusing it means he doesn't believe either of those things.

You didn't imagine it -- I saw it too.

For those who didn't: Mpchillin chuckled that he figured the Sandusky comment directed at jschrantz would make its way here, and then excused it on the grounds that "he asked for it by pointing out that Iowa once had Teasdale."

If he minds me mocking HR for it, then perhaps either he or any other Hawk could've said non-wrestling scandals don't belong on a wrestling board, or said HR should be better than "shut up because child rape." Excusing it means he doesn't believe either of those things.

Exactly, they were going on and on about needing top tier lightweights like RBY/Teasdale so they didn't need to coach em up so much, I simply stated they once had Teasdale, they threw Sandusky in my face, as though my response was so awful.

Exactly, they were going on and on about needing top tier lightweights like RBY/Teasdale so they didn't need to coach em up so much, I simply stated they once had Teasdale, they threw Sandusky in my face, as though my response was so awful.
Let the haters hate as Cael says....Ha ha,,,Have fun trying for 2nd place for years and years....

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere or common knowledge, but what is Chance Marstellar's status as far as college wrestling? I've lost track; is he enrolled and eligible somewhere? Or just doing freestyle? Looks like he had quite a tournament.

Reactions: PSUisawesome
Sorry if this was posted elsewhere or common knowledge, but what is Chance Marstellar's status as far as college wrestling? I've lost track; is he enrolled and eligible somewhere? Or just doing freestyle? Looks like he had quite a tournament.
Still expecting him at Lock Haven this year, he'll be a RS JR.

Yeah pretty sure he will be wrestling for Lock Haven this up coming season. I saw him down in the warm up area at this years PA youth states. He was right next to me working with a youngster while I was drilling with my son. I really wanted to say hello and strike up a little convo with him, but not really the best time or place.

Probably around three years ago Chance once in a while came to a club we attended, he pretty much ran the practice when he was there. Anyway he did two things I thought that were very cool this one day. My one son who was in a group of three sitting out leaning against a wall, so Chance grabbed him and started live wrestling him and letting my son get takedowns on him and work him over. My son had the biggest smile on his face the whole time! Then after practice my son really wanted a pic with him. So I politely asked Chance if he minded if I could get a pic with him and my son. He just smiled and went right over to my boy said something funny to him and put his arm around him.

Really rooting for him in all aspects of his life.

Let's be real, the Buckeyes are the threat.
Yes they are. The Hawks are currently the number 3 Big10 program with a strong possibility of finishing 4th in the B1G tournament next March.
As far as Penn State kids receiving coaching development versus showing up championship ready. Stupid, ill informed opinions don't always arrive delivered by a stupid person but that is a trait that is more common than not.

Here's hoping those championship ready recruits keep on showing up in Happy Valley.

Interesting development:

He did have a good tournament , probably saw three of his matches and he was slick on his feet and really good leg lace. Not sure how his conditioning his since I am not sure if he wrestled a total of 6 min over the weekend but hoping he can keep his nose clean and finish up strong with his last two years of eligibility (I think)

He did have a good tournament , probably saw three of his matches and he was slick on his feet and really good leg lace. Not sure how his conditioning his since I am not sure if he wrestled a total of 6 min over the weekend but hoping he can keep his nose clean and finish up strong with his last two years of eligibility (I think)
My read may be off but Chance's conditioning problems usually show up early and are easy to spot, but I didn't see that yesterday, he was tight and fundamentally sound. Since Kolat was busy entering the WHoF I'm guessing he wasn't in his corner this time but did anyone notice who was?

Count me among those that wish Chance well. And I'm not really mentioning it from a wrestling aspect, though if that's among his dreams, I wish him well there too. Everyone that young needs direction/guidance, and a chance at success. Appears he's on a much better path.

Yeah pretty sure he will be wrestling for Lock Haven this up coming season. I saw him down in the warm up area at this years PA youth states. He was right next to me working with a youngster while I was drilling with my son. I really wanted to say hello and strike up a little convo with him, but not really the best time or place.

Probably around three years ago Chance once in a while came to a club we attended, he pretty much ran the practice when he was there. Anyway he did two things I thought that were very cool this one day. My one son who was in a group of three sitting out leaning against a wall, so Chance grabbed him and started live wrestling him and letting my son get takedowns on him and work him over. My son had the biggest smile on his face the whole time! Then after practice my son really wanted a pic with him. So I politely asked Chance if he minded if I could get a pic with him and my son. He just smiled and went right over to my boy said something funny to him and put his arm around him.

Really rooting for him in all aspects of his life.
Most of his story is yet to be told. The kid keeps coming back!

Yeah Teemer looks like he put on 10 or 15 pounds and hasn't lost an ounce of explosiveness.

That wasnt just some "freestyle" win either. Sasso had nothing. I figured Sasso would make some adjustments and compete in the 2nd match and it looked like he could early but the chin whip and then the lightning re attack by Teemer that put him in a 6-1 hole just broke him.

Ridiculously impressive. Bummer as he is probably a situation where our depth and scholarship policy cost us - NYWrestler would know better - and he is going to end up being a thorn in our side.

Was named FloWrestler of the Week for his accomplishments at UWW Cadet Nationals. CLICK HERE for Flo's article about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT