ADVERTISEMENT

UNC sanctions

They already removed football and men's basketball from the table. IIRC, the only things they're even looking at are women's soccer and basketball.

Vacate wins for teams that had these paper courses boost/help students reach GPA requirements.

I think monetary punishments speak far more to universities to ensure that "department mistakes" don't occur ever again. 10% of TV revenue for 3 years with those proceeds going to some program within NC to help high school students education.

Well, remember a few years back when the NCAA poobahs made the bold proclaimation that Head Coaches would be held responsible for such things?

LOL, if you don't - don't feel bad - I expect the "poobahs" are having trouble recalling it as well. :)

Appropriate punishments? I think Colin has it about right - got to hit them in the Institution's pocketbook.....and, if you actually care about cleaning up the system, you bar the Head Coaches in charge from any employment at member schools for some period of time (let's say 3-5 years for aggregious situation like this one)

Now, what WILL the NCAA do?
That's an easy question ...........nothing, as per usual

abusive and non responsive. to the troll list you go.
We've had this discussion before. I'm not sure why you put so much faith in Bethel when there is so much other evidence, both documented and circumstantial, about 20 years of cheating at UNC.

And now you label LionJim as a troll?? He's probably one of the most reasonable, least inflammatory posters on this whole board. For whatever reason, your mind seems made up. You're way off about the UNC scandal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT