ADVERTISEMENT

UMiami TE returns for 9th year.

Lot of time on the shelf, not playing football. Hopefully he'll have his doctorate at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
This guy was in the same high school class as Miles Sanders, who just completed his 5th year in the NFL. Get a job dude.
With the current state of stipends and what, he might be living better now than if he had a job (while getting more free education).

Reactions: bison13
With the current state of stipends and what, he might be living better now than if he had a job (while getting more free education).
He doesn’t even seem to be good. Kinda surprised Miami evens wants him back.

He played in 5 games last year and had 8 receptions.

And hitting on freshman girls!

Can’t imagine being college for nine years…..
When I was at PSU in the 90s, a guy showed up, looked like a sophomore. Turned out, he had done a year at Abingdon in the late 80s, then quit to work at IBM for 7 years before reenrolling at UP. He was 26, looked like a sophomore, and knew a hell of a lot about life. He did pretty well in all aspects of college life.

Honestly who wouldn't want to go to college for 9 years - sure as hell beats working for a living even though I doubt my liver could survive it.

Reactions: psu1969a
Can you imagine what his transcript looks like?
15 credits per semester X 2 semesters per year X 8 years = 240 credits.
I am not sure that there are any classes left to take, especially the easy ones.
Nine years on scholarship! That’s an expensive bench warmer.
Oregon gave him seven years. It was cheaper than paying the lawsuit he should have filed over the injuries caused by the strength coach.

He has a bachelors and masters from Oregon, btw. He had a redshirt year, a year where he played some, but was coming off of rhabdo, and 3 years lost due to various ankle surgeries, then a another where he had a season-ending injury in the second game of the season. So realistically this will be his 4th year of actually playing more than 4 games in a season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT