ADVERTISEMENT

UM spring game

What a genius. People who opt out don't compete. What oh wise one, are those who do play doing?
The second you say the game matters because of a pre-season ranking the next year (which isn't even true) is you acknowledging I'm right because win or lose you're season ends without a title.

The second you say the game matters because of a pre-season ranking the next year (which isn't even true) is you acknowledging I'm right because win or lose you're season ends without a title.
You are so stupid that you can't even respond to the appropriate person. I never made that statement. But in any event absolutely no one agrees with your insane logic.

You are so stupid that you can't even respond to the appropriate person. I never made that statement. But in any event absolutely no one agrees with your insane logic.
Or the people that agree with me have stopped responding to the dozen or so of people on this board that think they control it.

Explain what the difference is between winning or losing a bowl game then that isn't part of the playoff...share your wealth of knowledge that you think you have.

Clearly you haven't paid attention
If bowls matter where do you believe we'll be ranked. Clearly higher than Michigan and Ohio State right?
No, but higher than Utah and higher than we would have been had we not beaten Utah. All of the rankings are based on perception and bowls are one part of that perception.

Or the people that agree with me have stopped responding to the dozen or so of people on this board that think they control it.

Explain what the difference is between winning or losing a bowl game then that isn't part of the playoff...share your wealth of knowledge that you think you have.
Why don’t you ask the players who played in the Rose Bowl if winning mattered?

Reactions: marshall23
Was there any actual information about how UM looked in this thread? Any surprise players, etc.? Just seems like that may be more relevant to the thread than responding to a fan of another program that poses as a PSU fan to attack PSU. Put the clown on ignore like I did a long time ago and have real discussions again.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
No, but higher than Utah and higher than we would have been had we not beaten Utah. All of the rankings are based on perception and bowls are one part of that perception.
Win or lose we were going to be higher than Utah heading into 2023
Bowls are not part of that perception--USC lost to Tulane--will they be ahead of us? TULANE. We will not be "higher than we would have been" if the outcome changed.

Why don’t you ask the players who played in the Rose Bowl if winning mattered?
It doesn't matter if "they" care. It matters is it is relevant in the grand scheme of things. 3 post season games were relevant. We didn't play in any of those.

"Explain the difference between winning and losing a bowl game..."

:oops:

Win or lose we were going to be higher than Utah heading into 2023
Bowls are not part of that perception--USC lost to Tulane--will they be ahead of us? TULANE. We will not be "higher than we would have been" if the outcome changed.
I disagree with you…you have your opinion and I have mine. I don’t think we would have been higher than Utah if we would have lost. I think we will be top 10 in the preseason polls, but had we lost the Rise Bowl, we would have been probably 13th or so. You can say I’m wrong, but that’s just your opinion. Anything that improves the perception of your team, improves your preseason ranking.

Reactions: LMTLION
It doesn't matter if "they" care. It matters is it is relevant in the grand scheme of things. 3 post season games were relevant. We didn't play in any of those.
Whether they care is all that matters. They’re the ones playing the games, putting in the multiple hours of practice, and spending all their time conditioning. What you think is what doesn’t matter. I’ve never played or coached in a game that didn’t matter. You talk about competition so much you’d think you would realize that every game is a competitive situation and they all matter.

Reactions: 81b&w
Whether they care is all that matters. They’re the ones playing the games, putting in the multiple hours of practice, and spending all their time conditioning. What you think is what doesn’t matter. I’ve never played or coached in a game that didn’t matter. You talk about competition so much you’d think you would realize that every game is a competitive situation and they all matter.

Well, this is the same troll dolt who says that the outcome of the Bowl has no bearing on next's year's pre-season rankung......

I disagree with you…you have your opinion and I have mine. I don’t think we would have been higher than Utah if we would have lost. I think we will be top 10 in the preseason polls, but had we lost the Rise Bowl, we would have been probably 13th or so. You can say I’m wrong, but that’s just your opinion. Anything that improves the perception of your team, improves your preseason ranking.
How wouldn't we have been higher? Look at what Utah is losing. Many think we're better because we're losing Clifford. The Rose Bowl didn't change the perception. Again, USC losing to Tulane--what is the impact of that?

No, it's not all that matters. We've all played in tons of games that didn't matter to anyone but us. That doesn't give it meaning. For a game to matter it has to matter in the grand scheme of things not to an individual or group

The CF National championship game doesn’t mean squat either. No “games” matter. They’re games. They’re played for fun. Tomorrows UConn-SDSU BB game doesn’t mean anything either. Even the Super bowl doesn’t matter. Life will go on whether Any of these are played or not.

Last edited:
How wouldn't we have been higher? Look at what Utah is losing. Many think we're better because we're losing Clifford. The Rose Bowl didn't change the perception. Again, USC losing to Tulane--what is the impact of that?
Who cares what Utah is losing, it’s about perception. Look what OSU is losing, I bet they’re still in the top 5. And USC losing to Tulane will cause USC to be ranked lower than if they’d won….again, you can disagree with that, but you can’t prove it because they didn’t win. No one thinks USC losing to Tulane will cause Tulane to be ranked higher in the preseason, you can use that in your argument all you want, but you know that’s not what anyone is saying.

No, it's not all that matters. We've all played in tons of games that didn't matter to anyone but us. That doesn't give it meaning. For a game to matter it has to matter in the grand scheme of things not to an individual or group
And in the end, all that matters is that it means something to the people playing in the game. During Covid there were games in many different sports that didn’t have any fans watching, but the games still mattered. And in the grand scheme of things, all games matter to some degree and it matters a lot to those that are involved. Whether they matter to you is what doesn’t mean anything. You pick some pretty stupid hills to die on in these threads.

If USC and Utah won their respective bowl games, both are ranked ahead of PSU in the preseason top 25 and are riding momentum into ‘23. Instead USC has serious questions about their d and Utah has zero credibility outside the PAC12 while PSU will enter the season with respect and confidence.

The CF National championship game doesn’t mean squat either. No “games” matter. They’re games. They’re played for fun. Tomorrows UConn-SDSU BB game doesn’t mean anything either. Even the supper bowl doesn’t matter. Life will go on whether Any of these are played or not.
And outside of UConn and SD State, the game tomorrow means nothing. Apparently, 90% of all teams shouldn’t even field a team because they’re never going to win a championship, so why even bother playing?

The CF National championship game doesn’t mean squat either. No “games” matter. They’re games. They’re played for fun. Tomorrows UConn-SDSU BB game doesn’t mean anything either. Even the supper bowl doesn’t matter. Life will go on whether Any of these are played or not.
Completely false--the objective is to win a title not to play for fun.
This whole life will go on doesn't make sense. Life may not go on for any of us win or lose.

Who cares what Utah is losing, it’s about perception. Look what OSU is losing, I bet they’re still in the top 5. And USC losing to Tulane will cause USC to be ranked lower than if they’d won….again, you can disagree with that, but you can’t prove it because they didn’t win. No one thinks USC losing to Tulane will cause Tulane to be ranked higher in the preseason, you can use that in your argument all you want, but you know that’s not what anyone is saying.
And perception is about what you're returning
USC won't be ranked lower than if they won. The have Williams at QB--no one cares that they lost a bowl game to Tulane when they had nothing to play for.
What people are saying is a false narrative trying to pretend bowl games have meaning--and most of the people arguing for it also not want ranking until week 5.

If USC and Utah won their respective bowl games, both are ranked ahead of PSU in the preseason top 25 and are riding momentum into ‘23. Instead USC has serious questions about their d and Utah has zero credibility outside the PAC12 while PSU will enter the season with respect and confidence.
USC will still be ranked ahead of Penn State
Utah still will not be
It's like thinking we're going to be ahead of Michigan because they lost to TCU
Or TCU will be ahead of us because they beat Michigan
Zero "credibility" comes from bowl games. If anything the Big Ten losing 2 playoff games hurts us far more than us beating Utah.

And outside of UConn and SD State, the game tomorrow means nothing. Apparently, 90% of all teams shouldn’t even field a team because they’re never going to win a championship, so why even bother playing?
Which is why football needs at 24 team playoff and the NCAA is considering 96 teams for March Madness. They all know the only thing that matters is playing for a title.

The game tomorrow matters because it's a real champion and the sole reason all 300+ teams played DI basketball this year.

Completely false--the objective is to win a title not to play for fun.
This whole life will go on doesn't make sense. Life may not go on for any of us win or lose.
Life may not go on? Huh? You make no sense trying to defend your ludicrous theories.

Life certainly will go on. That is an undeniable fact! The games have no bearing on your life or on my life. They are games And that is all.

Life may not go on? Huh? You make no sense trying to defend your ludicrous theories.

Life certainly will go on. That is an undeniable fact! The games have no bearing on your life or on my life. They are games And that is all.
Any of us could die tomorrow and then life doesn't go on
And, yes, they're just a game that we spend countless hours watching and discussing. Games that are meant to win champions. People compete to win titles not to "have fun"

Any of us could die tomorrow and then life doesn't go on
And, yes, they're just a game that we spend countless hours watching and discussing. Games that are meant to win champions. People compete to win titles not to "have fun"
No, if you do, mankind will and the planet earth will continue to foster life.
People also compete to have fun.

You have no bearing on any game. Your entire existence is immaterial and worthless to any game. Talk about it all you want. Who cares. the point still remains that you don’t count one iota no matter how much you yell and scream..

That Lando dude is truly demented - 3 pages of arguing about whether the BW game is fun or not - reminds me of that old Monty Python skit where someone paid for an argument- I think Lando just argues for free - insanity at its finest.

No, if you do, mankind will and the planet earth will continue to foster life.
People also compete to have fun.

You have no bearing on any game. Your entire existence is immaterial and worthless to any game. Talk about it all you want. Who cares. the point still remains that you don’t count one iota no matter how much you yell and scream..
Nor does anyone using your logic so we can all continue as we were.
When this is your argument just throw up the white flag

Let's see, everything clown-boy says is meant to diminish everything PSU.....

Everybody on the board disagrees with clown-boy's multiple absurd contentions......

But according to clown-boy, he's not a troll but rather a big PSU "fan"....

Things that make you go hhhhmmmmmmm..... 🤔

Reactions: Online Persona
Let's see, everything clown-boy says is meant to diminish everything PSU.....

Everybody on the board disagrees with clown-boy's multiple absurd contentions......

But according to clown-boy, he's not a troll but rather a big PSU "fan"....

Things that make you go hhhhmmmmmmm..... 🤔
My guess is that he is Dave Jones. They both see it as their mission in life to hate on PSU and pretend to be objective. Someone a long time ago took the only girl that ever gave Davey the time of day and that guy was wearing a PSU shirt.

"How wouldn't we have been higher...." :oops:

That Lando dude is truly demented - 3 pages of arguing about whether the BW game is fun or not - reminds me of that old Monty Python skit where someone paid for an argument- I think Lando just argues for free - insanity at its finest.
"any of us could die tomorrow and then life doesn't go on......." :oops:

Reactions: jschrantz
And perception is about what you're returning
USC won't be ranked lower than if they won. The have Williams at QB--no one cares that they lost a bowl game to Tulane when they had nothing to play for.
What people are saying is a false narrative trying to pretend bowl games have meaning--and most of the people arguing for it also not want ranking until week 5.
Again, that’s just your opinion. You’re welcome to have that opinion, but that doesn’t make it right. The only way you can prove that is if USC comes out ranked #1…other than that, you can’t know where they would have been ranked had they won. But keep fighting.

Which is why football needs at 24 team playoff and the NCAA is considering 96 teams for March Madness. They all know the only thing that matters is playing for a title.

The game tomorrow matters because it's a real champion and the sole reason all 300+ teams played DI basketball this year.
Why 24? Why not 130? Give everyone a participation trophy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT