ADVERTISEMENT

UM spring game

Any of us could die tomorrow and then life doesn't go on
And, yes, they're just a game that we spend countless hours watching and discussing. Games that are meant to win champions. People compete to win titles not to "have fun"
Just let it go….I don’t quite understand why you take over almost every thread just to argue with everyone. You have your opinion and that’s fine, but you’re not going to change anyone’s mind. If it’s only about winning a championship, why don’t fans stop watching once a team loses a game or two and no longer have a chance? It’s about the journey, not the destination.

So it's not actually a fun event--just something you enjoy--it's okay to say that.
That's not agreeing with me but you're trying to say I'm wrong for not caring about it. It's like bowl games--it has no meaning but if you'd like to spend money on it go ahead just don't criticize others for not agreeing which is why this thread is doing
How is there a difference between a "fun event" and and something you enjoy?

You have this weird obsession with thinking that your definition of "importance" is the universal one that everyone must accept.

Sport in general is (by most definitions) unimportant. You have some artificially constructed hierarchy of what games matter and what don't, e.g. you (ridiculously) think that bowl games don't matter, and only games being played for a championship matter. More people care about bowl games than they do the DII championship game. Or the MLS championship game. Or the WNBA championship game. To some people the World Cup is the most important event in the universe; I care about it it not at all. And that's fine.

Bottom line: there is no universal definition of what events are or are not important. If people think the Blue White game is important, that's fine. If people think downhill ski events are important, also fine. You are not the arbiter of what is or is not important.

Reactions: 81b&w
Again, that’s just your opinion. You’re welcome to have that opinion, but that doesn’t make it right. The only way you can prove that is if USC comes out ranked #1…other than that, you can’t know where they would have been ranked had they won. But keep fighting.
Because USC beating Tulane would put them above two time defending champs, Bama and Ohio State...okay

How is there a difference between a "fun event" and and something you enjoy?

You have this weird obsession with thinking that your definition of "importance" is the universal one that everyone must accept.

Sport in general is (by most definitions) unimportant. You have some artificially constructed hierarchy of what games matter and what don't, e.g. you (ridiculously) think that bowl games don't matter, and only games being played for a championship matter. More people care about bowl games than they do the DII championship game. Or the MLS championship game. Or the WNBA championship game. To some people the World Cup is the most important event in the universe; I care about it it not at all. And that's fine.

Bottom line: there is no universal definition of what events are or are not important. If people think the Blue White game is important, that's fine. If people think downhill ski events are important, also fine. You are not the arbiter of what is or is not important.

Most people didn't even claim the B/W Game was "important" - they claimed it was a fun weekend for PSU fans with many fan-oriented events. He's conflated all kinds of topics as usual and is on his troll soapbox about how irrelevant PSU's Rose Bowl win was.....

Reactions: PSU2UNC and 81b&w
Most people didn't even claim the B/W Game was "important" - they claimed it was a fun weekend for PSU fans with many fan-oriented events. He's conflated all kinds of topics as usual and is on his troll soapbox about how irrelevant PSU's Rose Bowl win was.....
10-2 was a great season and we just need to take the next step and beat Michigan and/or Ohio State. I don't have to pretend beating Utah had meaning for it to be a positive about the season. I legit didn't complain at all about our games last year other than Purdue. Way too sloppy.

Give me a like if you think Lando is the new Art.
Always willing to give his opinion on any topic and his opinion is that you are wrong.
Most people here aren't always wrong. It's just ashame many refuse to adapt and accept change.

Because 130 isn't realistic. 24 requires you to win your conference or win at least 8 games. See FCS. It works perfectly
24 is unnecessary. I’m all for only having a playoff with the conference champions, but I believe there’s 11 D-1 conferences and 11 doesn’t work. Find a way to keep at large bids out and then you have a true championship tournament.

24 is unnecessary. I’m all for only having a playoff with the conference champions, but I believe there’s 11 D-1 conferences and 11 doesn’t work. Find a way to keep at large bids out and then you have a true championship tournament.
16 is right. No one gets a bye like in 24 or 12… not fair at all. Just play.

And with 24, those bottom six have 0.000001% chance of winning it all. In fact, those first games will very boring blowouts. Even the teams below the top ten have little chance but one will occasionally rise up to the challenge. Especially helps teams that struggled early in the season or had key injuries.

Not all conferences are equal. Look at every other college playoffs. Saying no at large teams doesn't exist in any sport including professional so why college football? 24 works in FCS. It would work I'm FBS. You're just resistant to change.

16 is right. No one gets a bye like in 24 or 12… not fair at all. Just play.

And with 24, those bottom six have 0.000001% chance of winning it all. In fact, those first games will very boring blowouts. Even the teams below the top ten have little chance but one will occasionally rise up to the challenge. Especially helps teams that struggled early in the season or had key injuries.
It's the same as March Madness only with 24 the lowest seed plays the 9th in the first round which is more likely than 1-16 upset in basketball.

Not all conferences are equal. Look at every other college playoffs. Saying no at large teams doesn't exist in any sport including professional so why college football? 24 works in FCS. It would work I'm FBS. You're just resistant to change.
I’m not resistant to change, I’m resistant to change for the sake of change. And I want to keep the eye test out of it. Other sports don’t have at large teams, they have wild card teams that have to earn their way in by a certain set of criteria, not some talking heads deciding they should get in (other than college basketball and that’s a problem there too). College football is different than other sports because most teams don’t play each other including in their own conference. There’s no way to accurately choose who should get into a playoff unless you only take conference champions.

But you give the top eight a bye. They are already far better and giving them a bye makes it worse.
But they earned the bye in theory. And it doesn't necessarily make it worse. As we've seen with March Madness those that are in the play-in game have many upsets as 11 and 12 seeds.

I’m not resistant to change, I’m resistant to change for the sake of change. And I want to keep the eye test out of it. Other sports don’t have at large teams, they have wild card teams that have to earn their way in by a certain set of criteria, not some talking heads deciding they should get in (other than college basketball and that’s a problem there too). College football is different than other sports because most teams don’t play each other including in their own conference. There’s no way to accurately choose who should get into a playoff unless you only take conference champions.
All college sports do that. Volleyball, hockey, etc.
There's no valid argument about only conference champions. They refuse to do that even with 4 teams because it doesn't make any sense. Often times the best two teams are in the same conference.

All college sports do that. Volleyball, hockey, etc.
There's no valid argument about only conference champions. They refuse to do that even with 4 teams because it doesn't make any sense. Often times the best two teams are in the same conference.
Best two teams based on what? The eye test? If you don’t win your conference, you lose your chance to play in the playoffs. Life’s tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT