UM reaches $490 million settlement with Anderson accusers

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
It has a religious aroma to it. I know one of the cultists is very staunchly anti-religious so I'm thinking the worship of the institution is a fulfillment of a spiritual need. This is how demagogues get power from folks like this. JZ is their High Priest.
Many beliefs can be looked at as a religion, fandom , political causes, entertainment like Star Wars or Star Trek .

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
If you actually have a friend who works for the PSP (doubtful), they are biased. That is part of the problem with this case (and with LE/OAG in general) is that they lock onto "their suspect" and refuse to ever admit they are wrong.

Listen , it's hard to come to terms that you're wrong when you've devoted so much time to this F Ed up hobby of yours, but you're
100% wrong.
Get a new hobby. Something healthier than this.
This is hardly a hobby (just something I happen to know a lot about) and I am absolutely not wrong.

Reactions: francofan

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
Here's one you left out. "
Tom Kline, a lawyer who settled an abuse allegation with Penn State, said he and other lawyers were aware of claims dating back to the ’70s.
Kline said the new disclosure “provides one more link in the chain which has been repeatedly denied by those who refuse to come to terms with the tragic reality here.” I just provided a link earlier.
They are aware of claims. They did not speak to the veracity of said said claims. This means nothing.

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
Penn State has no-one to blame but themselves. The BOT, the administration, and the PA politicians enabled the narrative, and if they just pushed back a little, there would have been no NCAA or BIG10 sanctions. These are the weakest leaders that I have ever seen at a large company or institution. And I don't believe we have made teh University any better on the BOT at all since. I used to blame the NCAA and BIG10, but they were handed this on a golden platter by Penn State. This has been the NCAA's only "victory" in the last 30 years, and it's only justification for advancing their charter (sucked up by the general population of the uninformed that the NCAA was doing the right thing). And I don't blame the uninformed as well. When we are called Pedo State, this was driven by the BOT/Admin/Politicians, as how can they even fathom the University committing unprovoked suicide? A little pushback and this becomes a Sandusky/Second Mile story, which stays in the headlines for less than a week. And there is no longer any pushback on the narrative. Heck, even the Paterno family made amends with the University that has soiled Joe's legacy forever probably. That is the one that I can't understand
Can’t argue with any of this!

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
Ziegler's podcast is not authoritative but merely his view of his conspiracy theory. Has any complaints been filed against the lawyer Shubin for unethical behavior with the state bar? Has the OAG pressed charges? So, you have no proof as we have discussed before.
I know you hate Ziegler but you seem to discount the interviews, which I do not understand. This interview (with AJ Dillon) confirms that Shubin was concocting false stories for his clients AND the therapist is steering patients into remembering abuse that wasn't there. Actual recordings of these interactions exist. That is proof. How do you dismiss that?

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
I think you bumped your head when you dove in
And we are back to personal insults. This is a red flag that you don't have an actual argument.
You are a PSU grad and a member of the cult. I am neither, so I think you are the one who is biased.
According to you, all PSU grads feel the same way. It is clear that they do not. Me being a PSU grad has nothing to do with my conclusions on this topic and there are a significant number of people with no PSU affiliation that have reached the same conclusions that I have.
Conspiracy and coverup are not the same.
Correct, but in order to have a cover up (i.e. an agreement NOT to repot child abuse) you would have to have a conspiracy. So you can have a cover up without a conspiracy, but only if there is only one person doing the covering up.
Snedden only investigated Spanier's clearance. The Department of Education fined PSU for not reporting Sandusky so if Snedden cleared PSU as you say then there would have been no fine.
It's almost as if you didn't read Snedden's report. He says way more than that.
But they were dinged specifically for Sandusky. Whataboutism noted.
The investigation was triggered by Sandusky (because everyone under the sun was anxious to prove just how much they hated child abuse...LOL) but they were dinged for more than just that. Because Clery is a poorly written, impossible to implement properly piece of legislation. All universities violate it all the time.

crm114psu

May 11, 2016
And we are back to personal insults. This is a red flag that you don't have an actual argument.
Actually, you are the one that started the personal insults to him in this thread, your first response was to call him names. Not that we expect any form of truth or accuracy from you.

• Love
Reactions: WHCANole

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
They are aware of claims. They did not speak to the veracity of said said claims. This means nothing.
I think you should read his statement again. "provides one more link in the chain which has been repeatedly denied by those who refuse to come to terms with the tragic reality here." He's speaking directly to you and your church.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
I know you hate Ziegler but you seem to discount the interviews, which I do not understand. This interview (with AJ Dillon) confirms that Shubin was concocting false stories for his clients AND the therapist is steering patients into remembering abuse that wasn't there. Actual recordings of these interactions exist. That is proof. How do you dismiss that?
I dismiss it because if Shubin did what you (and Ziegler) claim he would be disbarred and probably in jail. I know you hate the legal system and dismiss it's verdicts when you don't like them which I do not understand. Why doesn't Zig file a complaint with the PA Bar?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
I think @crm114psu just debunked that. BTW, you are a hypocrite.
According to you, all PSU grads feel the same way. It is clear that they do not. Me being a PSU grad has nothing to do with my conclusions on this topic and there are a significant number of people with no PSU affiliation that have reached the same conclusions that I have.
No I never said all PSU grads feel that way but it is a bias for a very small few. I know lots of PSU grads who agree with me. This is a matter of faith for you.
Correct, but in order to have a cover up (i.e. an agreement NOT to repot child abuse) you would have to have a conspiracy. So you can have a cover up without a conspiracy, but only if there is only one person doing the covering up.
The agreement that CSS made in consultation with Joe did not apply to the statute that Spanier was charged. This is what the juror said after the trial: “It didn’t feel like they were conspiring to endanger children,” Ms. Navazio said. “They were conspiring to protect Penn State.”
It's almost as if you didn't read Snedden's report. He says way more than that.
I've read it and his conclusions beyond his expertise (whether Spanier's crimes constituted a threat to national security) are rank speculation and completely without merit.
The investigation was triggered by Sandusky
And shown to be a violation and fine levied for not reporting a crime.
(because everyone under the sun was anxious to prove just how much they hated child abuse...LOL)
We've discussed your hatred of children before. I am thankful you are not a parent
but they were dinged for more than just that.
So? The only true Federal investigation into the Sandusky scandal resulted in a fine. If Snedden's conclusions were that no crime occurred then no fines would have been levied. This speaks to Snedden freelancing as a PSU grad and that the other parts of the Fed did not believe or accept his speculations.
Because Clery is a poorly written, impossible to implement properly piece of legislation. All universities violate it all the time.
Whataboutism again. The Fed fined PSU for failure to report. A coverup.

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
Truth and justice. Not sure why that is hard to understand.
Yeah I call BS there. There is a religious zeal to this that goes way beyond just looking for justice and truth. Like was posted by others with cultists doxing victims and those who speak against the conspiracy narrative. That also explains why you and @francofan are always wanting to find out personal info about those who effectively debate you. You would just use it to personally attack.

I know you are very anti-religious and won't admit your worship but my sense is that your love for the phony image of PSU that CSS/Joe and others crafted is a major part of your personal life to an unhealthy extent. THAT is fascinating especially from one who claims to be a great scientist, ignoring the plain evidence that PSU was just another institutional scandal that involved a coverup by it's leaders.

No, this is faith. Kind of explains other phenomena like Trumpism.

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
I dismiss it because if Shubin did what you (and Ziegler) claim he would be disbarred and probably in jail. I know you hate the legal system and dismiss it's verdicts when you don't like them which I do not understand. Why doesn't Zig file a complaint with the PA Bar?
No complaint has been filed because the methods used by AJ (which I do not endorse BTW) would not be admissible in court.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't have the recordings to prove what he is saying is true.

Or are you saying he completely fabricated the recordings?

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
I think you should read his statement again. "provides one more link in the chain which has been repeatedly denied by those who refuse to come to terms with the tragic reality here." He's speaking directly to you and your church.
He's also trying to line his pockets with ill gotten money from PSU.

The important quote is from the other attorney (Bonino?) who, against his own financial interest, admits that the claims from the 1970s are BS.

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
Actually, you are the one that started the personal insults to him in this thread, your first response was to call him names. Not that we expect any form of truth or accuracy from you.
Please show me where in this thread that I use a personal insult first.

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
I think @crm114psu just debunked that. BTW, you are a hypocrite.

No I never said all PSU grads feel that way but it is a bias for a very small few. I know lots of PSU grads who agree with me. This is a matter of faith for you.

The agreement that CSS made in consultation with Joe did not apply to the statute that Spanier was charged. This is what the juror said after the trial: “It didn’t feel like they were conspiring to endanger children,” Ms. Navazio said. “They were conspiring to protect Penn State.”
Protecting PSU is not a crime and therefore conspiring to protect PSU is not a crime.
I've read it and his conclusions beyond his expertise (whether Spanier's crimes constituted a threat to national security) are rank speculation and completely without merit.
This is your uninformed opinion.
And shown to be a violation and fine levied for not reporting a crime.
Multiple crimes yes. As is the case with every single university in the US.
We've discussed your hatred of children before. I am thankful you are not a parent
I am very thankful of that too. I wish you weren't a parent.
So? The only true Federal investigation into the Sandusky scandal resulted in a fine.
"True" only in your opinion. The actual comprehensive federal investigation came to the conclusion no crime occurred. The investigation you refer to only investigated whether it was reported or not (it assumed a crime had occurred).
If Snedden's conclusions were that no crime occurred then no fines would have been levied. This speaks to Snedden freelancing as a PSU grad and that the other parts of the Fed did not believe or accept his speculations.
Snedden had nothing to do with the Clery (DOE) fines. Again, the DOE did not investigated whether a crime occurred; they assumed one did.
Whataboutism again. The Fed fined PSU for failure to report. A coverup.
Perhaps you are doing this on purpose, but you seem to conflating "failure to report" (which is a crime, i.e. failure to report child abuse) with "failing to comply with all reporting requirements of the Clery Act" (which is an administrative slap on the wrist, not a crime). The latter is literally a problem at every University because of the way the Act is written. There certainly was not a cover up as it relates to Clery.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Yeah I call BS there. There is a religious zeal to this that goes way beyond just looking for justice and truth. Like was posted by others with cultists doxing victims and those who speak against the conspiracy narrative. That also explains why you and @francofan are always wanting to find out personal info about those who effectively debate you. You would just use it to personally attack.

I know you are very anti-religious and won't admit your worship but my sense is that your love for the phony image of PSU that CSS/Joe and others crafted is a major part of your personal life to an unhealthy extent. THAT is fascinating especially from one who claims to be a great scientist, ignoring the plain evidence that PSU was just another institutional scandal that involved a coverup by it's leaders.

I don't political ideology needs to be brought into it. My brother in law actually met with President Trump , the President wanted him to head the VA. He couldn't leave the private sector but he was pretty confident in the President .
These guys just can't let this go, no one cares but them. It's just a weirdo hobby at this point because nothing is going to change in any public narrative .
Why they have to spaz every time some other institution gets caught covering things up without being as big of a news is beyond me.
It's like the state cop pulling you over for speeding while others go sailing by.

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016

Talk about being a hypocrite. You literally harassed me for weeks on the other thread about obtaining my personal information.

I've never asked for your personal information other than to inquire where you went to school as a potential insight into why you care about this. Your religious zeal (and # of hours you apparently spend on a board of a school that you did not attend and are not a fan of) is perplexing. Your explanation that you are interested in "researching" this supposed "cult" don't really hold water.

Possible explanations for you posting here as often as you do:

1) You are actually doing research to write a book on sports cult (0.5% probability)

2) You are being paid by someone to astroturf these threads (3% probability)

3) You hate PSU because you were either spurned by them academically or because you are a fan of a rival school (96.5% probability).

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
These guys just can't let this go, no one cares but them. It's just a weirdo hobby at this point because nothing is going to change in any public narrative .
Why they have to spaz every time some other institution gets caught covering things up without being as big of a news is beyond me.
It's like the state cop pulling you over for speeding while others go sailing by.
I won't comment on your original first paragraph because that's test board material but yikes....your brother is a terrible judge of people.

The hypocrisy demonstrated by the media (especially ESPN) and by the NCAA (as I pointed out much earlier in this thread before Nole interjected himself into a discussion that had nothing to do with him, MSU, UM and OSU are ACTUALLY NCAA matters, whereas, PSU was not) is why we "spaz".

Even if everything that supposedly happened at PSU happened (narrator: it didn't), the differences in media and NCAA responses between the PSU case and other 3 big ten cases is mind boggling.

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
First page, I think the insult was "troll boy". Look harder and pay attention.
Troll boy isn't an insult. He is very clearly a troll in that he is not a PSU alum, is not a PSU fan, is not here to discuss sports and only posts about this one topic. He's posting just to irritate. That is the textbook definition of a troll.

Or do you think "Boy" is insulting? Should I have called Nole "Troll Gender Neutral Person"?

crm114psu

May 11, 2016
Troll boy isn't an insult. He is very clearly a troll in that he is not a PSU alum, is not a PSU fan, is not here to discuss sports and only posts about this one topic. He's posting just to irritate. That is the textbook definition of a troll.

Or do you think "Boy" is insulting? Should I have called Nole "Troll Gender Neutral Person"?
You should refrain from calling people names period. That is what respectable people do. If you choose to act like an adolescent that is on you.

Does he irritate you? Try ignoring him if you have no self restraint. You are as predictable as clockwork as he always receives a response from you. Hope you are happy.

But don't be complaining about resorting to insults when you were the first to do so.

• Love
Reactions: WHCANole

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
In the other thread, I (and others) very clearly outlined how it didn't. Your not wanting to believe that doesn't make it less true.
I'm afraid the facts are on my side in this. the conspiracies', while humorous are not true.

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
No complaint has been filed because the methods used by AJ (which I do not endorse BTW) would not be admissible in court.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't have the recordings to prove what he is saying is true.

Or are you saying he completely fabricated the recordings?
A bar proceeding is not a court of law. You also have said he acted unethically with all the other clients as well, coaching them to lie. Surely the proof you and Zig have of this could be used against him? Oh wait!

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
He's also trying to line his pockets with ill gotten money from PSU.
Conspiracy!
The important quote is from the other attorney (Bonino?) who, against his own financial interest, admits that the claims from the 1970s are BS.
He doesn't say they are false just that there is no corroborating evidence. And yet the claimant was paid.

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002
Talk about being a hypocrite. You literally harassed me for weeks on the other thread about obtaining my personal information.
Untrue. You make claims about being some kind of scientist and therefore more knowledgeable about the scandal and I asked for proof of your claim. I don't make those claims.
I've never asked for your personal information other than to inquire where you went to school as a potential insight into why you care about this. Your religious zeal (and # of hours you apparently spend on a board of a school that you did not attend and are not a fan of) is perplexing. Your explanation that you are interested in "researching" this supposed "cult" don't really hold water.
You have asked and I won't give it out. You only do it to attack.
Possible explanations for you posting here as often as you do:

1) You are actually doing research to write a book on sports cult (0.5% probability)

2) You are being paid by someone to astroturf these threads (3% probability)

3) You hate PSU because you were either spurned by them academically or because you are a fan of a rival school (96.5% probability).
Wrong on all counts but that's not the first time

WHCANole

Oct 18, 2002

It's an insult ROFL.

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
You should refrain from calling people names period. That is what respectable people do. If you choose to act like an adolescent that is on you.

Does he irritate you? Try ignoring him if you have no self restraint. You are as predictable as clockwork as he always receives a response from you. Hope you are happy.

But don't be complaining about resorting to insults when you were the first to do so.
I didn't use an insult, but it that somehow makes you feel better, feel free to that think that. Your opinion matters very little to me.

I respond when people post things that are untrue. I don't care who posts it.

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
Not in this instance but I understand why you won't admit it.
Faith is believing in something in the absence of any evidence.

I (and others) have posted large amounts of evidence to back up our hypotheses. That is not faith.

Latest posts