ADVERTISEMENT

UFC 300

I know he is facing superior fighters now but Bo seemed way more smooth on the contender series, transitioning to ground and pound before getting the choke out and then getting a triangle like he was a black belt BJJ practitioners. I think that’s what Dana was hoping Bo can do to fighters like Brundage and Pickett. The second fighter he KOed took the fight on like 5 days notice and is closer to a can. Almost like being on main cards has made him play it safer and just take the sure wins. He’s still subbing experienced fighters for the record even if it’s not always the most fun to watch, his strategy is unstoppable right now.

Also Bo’s hands are extremely heavy but not crisp yet. They’ll be an asset later on.

It is an unbelievably toxic online fanbase and the in-person crowds are even worse. I attended UFC 82 in Columbus and UFC 101 in Philly. In both cases, if machine guns had popped up and mowed down the crowd at the end of the night, it would have been a massive net positive for the present and future of humanity. And that is taking into account losing my brilliance.
Who's the toxic one? Now you're judge and jury based on a UFC event. Damn.

Who's the toxic one? Now you're judge and jury based on a UFC event. Damn.
I mean guilty i guess, I was a pretty big fan at the time. In Philly there were about 10x as many fights in the crowd as there were in the cage. It was the first time the UFC had come to the Northeast and every trouble maker in about 3 states showed up.

I mean guilty i guess, I was a pretty big fan at the time. In Philly there were about 10x as many fights in the crowd as there were in the cage. It was the first time the UFC had come to the Northeast and every trouble maker in about 3 states showed up.
Imagine the Ferarri Clan going to a UFC event as spectators--that about what you're talking about?

Strange take to wish death on everyone there because of some "trouble makers".

Wrestling fans live in an insanely small world if they think his feud with Jordan Burroughs had anything to do with fans booing Bo Nickal. They do not care like at all. The majority of them might not even know who Burroughs is, I'm dead serious, they don't follow wrestling worlds and Burroughs DNPed and DNQed the last 2 Olympics. The reasons fans booed Bo (and it's not even that bad, I would hardly classify him a heel at this point) is because:

1. He's Dana's new shiny toy, there's always resentment there from some fans and people want that hype train to be derailed when a "chosen one" selected early in his career.

2. There's another level of hype here, he debuted on a main/card with Jon Jones and just headlined a flagship event (even as a huge Bo fan, putting him ahead of Jiri who always puts on a show is a high level of privilege)

3. My non wrestling following friend said he has elements of Colby Covington's personality to him ... but the reality is there isn't much overlap there except they both love Donald Trump (please do not make this a political thread, this is just a fact)

4. His style right now is not exciting and I'm just playing devils advocate here, it's not, it's a winning receipe but it's not what people want to watch. Even his sub attempts aren't exciting. Justin Gaethje previously said he basically just chooses to be a striker despite having a wrestling background because it'll make him more money and gain him more fans and he'll take that before being a boring champion. You can see Aaron Pico basically take a similar route.

Wrestling fans live in an insanely small world if they think his feud with Jordan Burroughs had anything to do with fans booing Bo Nickal. They do not care like at all. The majority of them might not even know who Burroughs is, I'm dead serious, they don't follow wrestling worlds and Burroughs DNPed and DNQed the last 2 Olympics. The reasons fans booed Bo (and it's not even that bad, I would hardly classify him a heel at this point) is because:

1. He's Dana's new shiny toy, there's always resentment there from some fans and people want that hype train to be derailed when a "chosen one" selected early in his career.

2. There's another level of hype here, he debuted on a main/card with Jon Jones and just headlined a flagship event (even as a huge Bo fan, putting him ahead of Jiri who always puts on a show is a high level of privilege)

3. My non wrestling following friend said he has elements of Colby Covington's personality to him ... but the reality is there isn't much overlap there except they both love Donald Trump (please do not make this a political thread, this is just a fact)

4. His style right now is not exciting and I'm just playing devils advocate here, it's not, it's a winning receipe but it's not what people want to watch. Even his sub attempts aren't exciting. Justin Gaethje previously said he basically just chooses to be a striker despite having a wrestling background because it'll make him more money and gain him more fans and he'll take that before being a boring champion. You can see Aaron Pico basically take a similar route.
People boo because they don't like him. I watch UFC with a group of guys and everyone of them wants Bo to get KOed.

• Wow
Reactions: SlipperyPete12

I will take exception with the idea that Bo's style is boring. Most of his fights have been plenty exciting. Even peak Anderson Silva had a couple fights that just went in a boring direction. Other than that, I agree with everything you say here.

The world these days appears to want to see bloodshed and people beaten. That's what they see as entertainment regardless of the long-term health risks to an individual. I am confident Bo is not interested and having his brain contused repeatedly to put on a show... for cash. No one these days is interested in a Royce Gracie type of competitor?

People boo because they don't like him. I watch UFC with a group of guys and everyone of them wants Bo to get KOed.
IMO, There is also the element of BJJ vs. wrestling. Most MMA fans who participate in combat sports after high school through their 50s do BJJ and many of them have never wrestled previously. Thus, there is this wrestling vs. BJJ debate about what is more important and Bo is clearly waving the wrestling flag.

And that’s why Bo is on the main card. People like you and me bought the PPV only because he was on it.
And me, I find the UFC stupid and boring as F.

The average fan seems to be a moron imo from what I’ve seen online. Worse than any other sport in sheer “ is this guy a moron” in the level of stupidity .

IMO, There is also the element of BJJ vs. wrestling. Most MMA fans who participate in combat sports after high school through their 50s do BJJ and many of them have never wrestled previously. Thus, there is this wrestling vs. BJJ debate about what is more important and Bo is clearly waving the wrestling flag.
Exactly, I saw people online say the best background for mixed martial arts or the UFC is a wrestling background. And when you say the best background to get started, the point out guy is like Ben Askren who didn’t make it too far you see, etc. etc. They’re just talking about a general training background and wrestling is probably the best for people to start, but they can’t grasp that.

It’s the most optimal situation is this, but if they didn’t wrestle, they want to downgrade wrestling.

Exactly, I saw people online say the best background for mixed martial arts or the UFC is a wrestling background. And when you say the best background to get started, the point out guy is like Ben Askren who didn’t make it too far you see, etc. etc. They’re just talking about a general training background and wrestling is probably the best for people to start, but they can’t grasp that.

It’s the most optimal situation is this, but if they didn’t wrestle, they want to downgrade wrestling.
Ben Askren made it very far. He was a champion for a long time in mma. Just by the time he came to the UFC he was way past his prime. He was boring but extremely successful

Ben Askren made it very far. He was a champion for a long time in mma. Just by the time he came to the UFC he was way past his prime. He was boring but extremely successful
Winning Bellator and ONE is no joke. Dana basically brought on Askren because he sells tickets and because he knew he was retired and had a broken body at that point so he could do a "I told you so" even though context is everything. Ben gets underrated because of a flying knee and because he thought it was a good idea to grapple with a 4th degree BJJ black belt. He was just having fun at that stage in his career honestly. In his prime, he absolutely would have been a contender in the UFC and he never bothered to develop any kind of a standup game.

Sorry I was just reading some posts online and the posters mentioned about his UFC bouts, not prior to that. But that will again prove the point of many who maintain that a wrestling background ism probably the best training background to have prior to MMA training.

Reactions: zzs006
They didn’t boo Bo during walkout or Intro s or post fight. They booed during the fight when both they were on the ground. The last 30 seconds of the 1st was Bo in a dominant position and his opponent just holding on the end the round. The morons booed because they wanted to see a wildfight or a spectacular show. Bo took the safest road to victory.

Yeah - just say it! I’m afraid that someone will take offense. Oh golly.
My buddies who are into MMA have their acts together but many causal fans seem to be tough guy wanna bees. A buddy of mine trained a little MMA and while there were good students there many again had belligerent attitudes.

Hell I'd try them on as long as you pricks promise not to start judging me...

a bit late for that huh?? Bastards...
hope all of you have to get your readers for this...
c485a37d-d5be-4173-ad81-b59015845fa3_text.gif

The world these days appears to want to see bloodshed and people beaten. That's what they see as entertainment regardless of the long-term health risks to an individual. I am confident Bo is not interested and having his brain contused repeatedly to put on a show... for cash. No one these days is interested in a Royce Gracie type of competitor?
Well, have we really ever left the arena?

Reactions: PD4thespawn
And me, I find the UFC stupid and boring as F.

The average fan seems to be a moron imo from what I’ve seen online. Worse than any other sport in sheer “ is this guy a moron” in the level of stupidity .
The only good thing about the UFC is the women. There I said it. Something sexy about two chicks beating the **** out of each other lmfao. Other than that it's mindless bullshit and Dana white is the biggest douchebag on the planet lol. How many times can someone say they don't give a **** what anyone thinks about them only to follow that statement up with trying to impress those very people he couldn't care less about supposedly. Anyhow my two cents.

Askren made it very far in MMA. Bellator champ. ONE Champ. Beat Lawler in his first UFC fight. Won his first 19 MMA contests and didn’t lose until he was a couple weeks shy of 35 years old. Time caught up with him at the end and he was smart enough to hang it up. But he was a very accomplished fighter.

It is an unbelievably toxic online fanbase and the in-person crowds are even worse. I attended UFC 82 in Columbus and UFC 101 in Philly. In both cases, if machine guns had popped up and mowed down the crowd at the end of the night, it would have been a massive net positive for the present and future of humanity. And that is taking into account losing my brilliance.

I don't listen to FRL... But is there any smoke to this supposed "DT left ScrapLife because of something involving Bo" thing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT