ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tyler Rudolph enters Transfer Portal

So why did he play the first 4 games of the season and then suddenly not be apart of the team in late September/early October?

Reactions: TheGLOV
So why did he play the first 4 games of the season and then suddenly not be apart of the team in late September/early October?
yeah, I didn't know this. Looks like it was a foregone conclusion:

"The Connecticut high school product hasn't been with the team since late September, early October."

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
I"m not. I completely forgot about him when you and I were kind of going through our list.🤷‍♂️
To be honest I might have forgotten as well same with Enzo Jennings. It is obvious that the Fr J.Reed passed them both. And I’m pretty sure brown and at least Ellis will be back. Plus they always move a corner over. Might be time for JPJ to slide over. At least that was the talk a few years ago.

To be honest I might have forgotten as well same with Enzo Jennings. It is obvious that the Fr J.Reed passed them both. And I’m pretty sure brown and at least Ellis will be back. Plus they always move a corner over. Might be time for JPJ to slide over. At least that was the talk a few years ago.
JMO but no way does Joey Porter move over to Saf. I'm not even sure he comes back.
But we do seem to have a lot of good CB's so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them make the move, if needed. But it also kind of depends on Tig we also have Christian Driver coming in with this class. (but I think he wants to be a WR).

Reactions: bison13
JMO but no way does Joey Porter move over to Saf. I'm not even sure he comes back.
But we do seem to have a lot of good CB's so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them make the move, if needed. But it also kind of depends on Tig we also have Christian Driver coming in with this class. (but I think he wants to be a WR).
JP jr. is a redshirt Sophomore. i didn't realize he RSed. So that would mean he is eligible for the draft. I don't know is 40 time but if he is in the 4.x range, he'd be crazy to come back. He'll be a first or second-rounder. He's the best CB PSU's has had in a long, long time. His arms are crazy long and at 6-2, has fantastic NFL potential.

JP jr. is a redshirt Sophomore. i didn't realize he RSed. So that would mean he is eligible for the draft. I don't know is 40 time but if he is in the 4.x range, he'd be crazy to come back. He'll be a first or second-rounder. He's the best CB PSU's has had in a long, long time. His arms are crazy long and at 6-2, has fantastic NFL potential.
Really, JPJ a first day pick. I know he has the length but he is a penalty machine. Plus I haven’t seen him get much national attention. I think he would benefit by coming back

Really, JPJ a first day pick. I know he has the length but he is a penalty machine. Plus I haven’t seen him get much national attention. I think he would benefit by coming back
We'll have to agree to disagree. The kid is a lock down corner who is very young but gifted.

Reactions: MacNit07
Yep. Who else ya got?

I'm going with Dottin, Mumbah.., Ellis, and Roberson.
I’d have to go back and find the actual list I made but off the top of my head:

Roberson
Holmes
Cain
Dottin
Some of the OL
Rudolph

I know there were others cause I think it was 8-9 on my original list.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I’d have to go back and find the actual list I made but off the top of my head:

Roberson
Holmes
Cain
Dottin
Some of the OL
Rudolph

I know there were others cause I think it was 8-9 on my original list.
Nobody wants anyone on that 3rd o line unit lol.

Brenton Strange? He’s playing a fair amount it seems. That one might surprise me a bit.
I have noticed that some of our inability to run the ball is specifically his fault. He misses important blocks on designed runs when he is in the game. Makes contributions obviously in the passing game, but he can be a blocking liability.

JP can not keep his hands off the WR's even 20 yards down field. That will be called in the NFL since he is blatant with the holding.
His acting is first rate though. He's got a handful of jersey on every ball thrown his way and manages to look absolutely shocked when he gets called for it.

His acting is first rate though. He's got a handful of jersey on every ball thrown his way and manages to look absolutely shocked when he gets called for it.

the other thing Porter has going in his favor is that he plays tough at the line of scrimmage. Castro Fields plays way softer in the run game and porter hits like a safety at times. He definitely is not afraid of throwing his body around.

penalty machine as they leave him on an island man-to-man against the opposing #1 WR every week who he mostly shuts down
he's already NFL-good and has a ceiling of elite shutdown corner.

Reactions: fkkkjm and bison13
penalty machine as they leave him on an island man-to-man against the opposing #1 WR every week who he mostly shuts down
he's already NFL-good and has a ceiling of elite shutdown corner.
JPJ needs another year. Needs to develop the nuance and cache to stop from being penalized all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT