ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter: Jordan Burroughs working to get into Ben Askrens head

Seriously?? This is a Charity event. They are Hyping it.....period. Will they go Basic WWE and grab a microphone and scream into it as if they don't understand the concept of amplification? Or maybe have one guy fake smash a chair over the other guy's back during pre-match interviews. Maybe they will go with the fake punch...….Hold me back MMA interview. In any event.....I will be laughing and cheering them on. I hope they make a bundle for Beat the Streets. The only difference between WWE is that Ben is going to seriously try to win. For certain.…..when it is over....there will still be much respect. Enjoy the show.

They have some good trash talk going back and forth. I’m expected for JB to win easily but I’m still excited for this match.

Reactions: diggerpup
This should be a great show and believe the banter is all about hype to drive up interest. The mutual respect here is high. Ben is one of my favorite guys and I listen to the Rudis Podcast all the time. On the mat he has amazed and proven many detractors wrong.

That said put me in the camp with egg on his face of he pulls off a miracle. JB is a legend and a world champ, Ben has no chance whatsoever. This is the wrestling equivalent of McGregor vs Maywether.

Reactions: andegre
Fun stuff, but it will be settled in the mat. Ben knows it, JB knows it, reasonable people know it. Looking forward to this bout...the ol’ Irresistible force (Ben) vs the immovable object (JB).

Fun stuff, but it will be settled in the mat. Ben knows it, JB knows it, reasonable people know it. Looking forward to this bout...the ol’ Irresistible force (Ben) vs the immovable object (JB).
Hey! How did Ben get to be irresistible force and not JB? Can nickname rights also get settled on the mat? :)

Last edited:
Recent tweet from JB, about The cost of Flo, and supporting wrestling-focused media...followed by Ben’s funny response. Not able to paste from my phone, if someone else could...

Recent tweet from JB, about The cost of Flo, and supporting wrestling-focused media...followed by Ben’s funny response. Not able to paste from my phone, if someone else could...

I thought it was really funny that people replied to JB saying "Yeah, but it should be free!" Like, are those dudes volunteering to pay the cameramen, IT, commentators, promotion, etc? If so, that'd be very nice of them. . . . Otherwise, the advertising market is the advertising market.

This should be a great show and believe the banter is all about hype to drive up interest. The mutual respect here is high. Ben is one of my favorite guys and I listen to the Rudis Podcast all the time. On the mat he has amazed and proven many detractors wrong.

That said put me in the camp with egg on his face of he pulls off a miracle. JB is a legend and a world champ, Ben has no chance whatsoever. This is the wrestling equivalent of McGregor vs Maywether.
mcregor maywether? this is the sillyiest post ive read, goober. stupid comparison on account askren is a wrestler. he made the olympics.

Reactions: rmg78

I thought it was really funny that people replied to JB saying "Yeah, but it should be free!" Like, are those dudes volunteering to pay the cameramen, IT, commentators, promotion, etc? If so, that'd be very nice of them. . . . Otherwise, the advertising market is the advertising market.
who pays 300 for the ticket? nobody lol

Press conference for BTS last night. Askren comes up to speak, and they open the floor to questions. JB says, "How you going to go back to your club and coach after what I'm going to do to you?" Askren has a great response, essentially along the lines of, "Always challenge yourself. I tell my club kids this all the time. Life isn't always about winning. Sometimes you take an ass whuppin' and you get back in there and do it again, and eventually you're going to be really good at it."

These guys are obviously just having fun with this. No hard feelings, none of the chatter is anything but hyping BTS for fun.

Hopefully, you'll be able to see this.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6381921-2019-beat-the-streets/videos?playing=6479343&limit=60

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT