ADVERTISEMENT

TV Question

AWS1022

Nov 12, 2011
Direct TV in my area no longer has Fox due to contract issues. Does anyone know what app I have to have to watch the Illinois game? Will the Fox Sports app work?

Direct TV in my area no longer has Fox due to contract issues. Does anyone know what app I have to have to watch the Illinois game? Will the Fox Sports app work?
First thing you gotta do is ditch DTV. Get an Iptv account, it’s like 15 bucks a month. You can watch whatever you want.

Reactions: AWS1022
I'd be shocked if that dispute is still ongoing in 2 weeks, but if it is...Fox Sports app would work, you'll just need to get a friend or family member to get you logged in using their TV provider (yours won't work during the dispute).

Reactions: AWS1022
Nobody ever says $5 rabbit ears antenna for over the air content.

Season 5 Idk GIF by NBC

Same situation here (Triad area of NC). The local Fox station has been down for a good while due to this dispute with Nexstar. But the Fox Sports channel (219 on DirecTV) has not been affected. previous Big Ten games have been broadcast mainly on the Fox Sports channel, so not sure if we need to make alternate arrangements.

I don’t know if this will help anyone, but ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS are available over the air in most tv markets. A $25ish antenna even pulls in several stations in State College. A couple links below allow you to enter your address and see what channels may be available for free over the air to you.

Same situation here (Triad area of NC). The local Fox station has been down for a good while due to this dispute with Nexstar. But the Fox Sports channel (219 on DirecTV) has not been affected. previous Big Ten games have been broadcast mainly on the Fox Sports channel, so not sure if we need to make alternate arrangements.
The Illinois game is on Fox.

Nobody ever says $5 rabbit ears antenna for over the air content.

Season 5 Idk GIF by NBC

Probably due to for some people rabbit ears, boosted antenna, outdoor antenna all don't work for them if they don't have a good line of sight from their house to wherever the transmitter is for the station.

Probably due to for some people rabbit ears, boosted antenna, outdoor antenna all don't work for them if they don't have a good line of sight from their house to wherever the transmitter is for the station.

Pointing an antenna has become a lost skill, but one that is easily learned. That antennaweb site linked above is the one I have always used - it tells how far away each station is, what direction it's in, and what range antenna is needed. I have a 25 year old antenna sitting in the attic that took about 15-20 minutes to set up and get pointed and that I haven't touched in almost 15 years since moving into our current house. Since channels went digital it's become even easier.

Pointing an antenna has become a lost skill, but one that is easily learned. That antennaweb site linked above is the one I have always used - it tells how far away each station is, what direction it's in, and what range antenna is needed. I have a 25 year old antenna sitting in the attic that took about 15-20 minutes to set up and get pointed and that I haven't touched in almost 15 years since moving into our current house. Since channels went digital it's become even easier.
For a number of years when my kids were young and we were on one income, I had an outdoor antenna attached to a rotator. I’d input the channel on my remote and the rotator would point the antenna in the direction of that station’s tower. I installed everything myself and it prob didn’t cost me more than $125 total, if that. I can’t change a headlight on a car, but was able to do the antenna installation myself easily.

But even the cheapest indoor antenna works for many stations with a tower within 20 miles or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT