ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Kibe

Does Cael “Keyboard Master” Sanderson help the commits make good photoshopped graphics for their announcements? They look good!

Like it, but if folks were wondering where Facundo fits in, what about Kibe? Seems like there will need to be some serious greyshirt/redshirt juggling and mixing/matching.

So now does it go Van Ness then Figs, or Figs, then Van Ness?
Haha, that would be nice, but now having verbals from two upper-middleweight guys (Facundo and Kibe) seems like it might diminish the potential of that scenario.

Great pickup for the reasons above - tough wrestler, breaking into the NC State/Mifflin Co. connection.

Seems like we’re pretty stacked now everywhere but 133 and 197, agree?
Like it, but if folks were wondering where Facundo fits in, what about Kibe? Seems like there will need to be some serious greyshirt/redshirt juggling and mixing/matching.
You never know, but Bartlett 141, Boone 149, Kibe 157, Facundo 165/174 (he's pretty big) seems reasonable based on where they are today. Obviously we've got Joe Lee 165 and Busiello 149/157 in there as well.

Seems like we’re pretty stacked now everywhere but 133 and 197, agree?

You never know, but Bartlett 141, Boone 149, Kibe 157, Facundo 165/174 (he's pretty big) seems reasonable based on where they are today. Obviously we've got Joe Lee 165 and Busiello 149/157 in there as well.
We're in pretty good shape at 197 barring injury.

Kibe 157 does not seem reasonable. He has wrestled every match this year at 170-182 and still has a year left in HS. Hopefully the real path is getting Crookham and moving Boone up to 157.

We need help at the lightweights too. I like Howard but doubt he can hold 125 forever. If he can, then we need 133 help unless Bartlett can drop and stay -- and Bartlett can, then we need 141 help.

Nice problems to have.

Last edited:
Assuming no Medical Redshirts (god forbid lol) and Aaron doesn't take his.
AB has eligibility til 2023
Joe Lee/Starocci/Beard have eligibility til 2024.

If both Trey and Facundo take greyshirt year then a redshirt year, whoever wins the wrestleoff between them will have a spot in the 2023-2024 lineup while the other loses a year basically. That being said 2024 is also an Olympic year so .... that can make things interesting. So it can work. Man speaks volumes for what Cael has created here, these kids have to know they might have a while until they really break into the lineup. Balancing weights ... I'll leave that up to Cael.

Have to imagine Cael still has his eyes on quite a bit of talent to fill the lower weights in the 2021 and 2022 class. I think Hayden Cunningham is a lock from the 2023 class though ;)

Assuming no Medical Redshirts (god forbid lol) and Aaron doesn't take his.
AB has eligibility til 2023
Joe Lee/Starocci/Beard have eligibility til 2024.

If both Trey and Facundo take greyshirt year then a redshirt year, whoever wins the wrestleoff between them will have a spot in the 2023-2024 lineup while the other loses a year basically. That being said 2024 is also an Olympic year so .... that can make things interesting. So it can work. Man speaks volumes for what Cael has created here, these kids have to know they might have a while until they really break into the lineup. Balancing weights ... I'll leave that up to Cael.

Have to imagine Cael still has his eyes on quite a bit of talent to fill the lower weights in the 2021 and 2022 class. I think Hayden Cunningham is a lock from the 2023 class though ;)

When the Cunningham and Sanderson boys start showing up .......the dynasty becomes an unstoppable juggernaut

We're in pretty good shape at 197 barring injury.

Kibe 157 does not seem reasonable. He has wrestled every match this year at 170-182 and still has a year left in HS. Hopefully the real path is getting Crookham and moving Boone up to 157.

We need help at the lightweights too. I like Howard but doubt he can hold 125 forever. If he can, then we need 133 help unless Bartlett can drop and stay -- and Bartlett can, then we need 141 help.

Nice problems to have.

yea, if Cael adds a top flight 125 to bump up Robbie you can cancel the NCAAs for a few years, it’s lights out. We Are!
When the Cunningham and Sanderson boys start showing up .......the dynasty becomes an unstoppable juggernaut

Sanderson going to Casey’s house at 12:01 am in a few years to recruit , Casey might hit a blast double at the front door

yea, if Cael adds a top flight 125 to bump up Robbie you can cancel the NCAAs for a few years, it’s lights out. We Are!

Sanderson going to Casey’s house at 12:01 am in a few years to recruit , Casey might hit a blast double at the front door
Would be funny if Casey lets him in and Tan Tom is sitting there on the sofa.

Just watched his state finals win from back in March. That Ulrey kid he beat looked pretty damn good. Kibe was on defense (and really good defense at that) almost the entire match.

This^^. Really good 125 pounders are scarce, but my God, if would be nice if we could fill in that chronic hole at 125.

Actually, it rhymes with "Vibe". I grew up with his Dad and Uncle. They are a great family and he is a great kid. I was really excited to read this news. It made my night. I love the Hidlay family as well, and wish it would have worked out for them to go to PSU, but, the timing just wasn't right.
Thanks -- I should've known better than to assume the PIAA announcers got it right.

Reactions: nittanylion83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT