ADVERTISEMENT

Trace McSorley May have a fractured foot.

How? I wasn't on during the game. Now I'm reading about Penn State and seeing idiots saying stupid things because of their bias. That's the same as every other day.
I’m responding to an idiot saying stupid things because of his bias right now.

I know you all love Trace and want to believe he's the best QB in Penn State history when the reality is he's not even close. Great kid, tough kid, but let's be real. He's, at best, an average QB that was lucky enough to play with Barkley, Gesicki and Hamilton under Moorhead. If we had a better QB the last two years we're in the playoff but we had Trace. Trace will likely be very successful in life. Smart, tough, kid that's a leader but it won't be on field.

I still don't know why you think I'm certain people but I was thrilled when we added Trace as a commit. He had a great career exceeding anyone's reasonable expectations. He's also highly overrated on this board and, yes, I'm glad he's gone in the best possible way. He's a leader and a winner. He's a below average passer.

Honestly, there were people here thinking he could be a second round pick and win the Heisman. It's absolutely laughable. Great kid. Tough kid. Hopefully the next QB is better whoever it is.
I'll take a tough winner like McSorley any day over a great passer. The thing is, Trace may have had his share of off games this year but he still was more than just an adequate passer. To call him below average is utterly ridiculous.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I know you all love Trace and want to believe he's the best QB in Penn State history when the reality is he's not even close. Great kid, tough kid, but let's be real. He's, at best, an average QB that was lucky enough to play with Barkley, Gesicki and Hamilton under Moorhead. If we had a better QB the last two years we're in the playoff but we had Trace. Trace will likely be very successful in life. Smart, tough, kid that's a leader but it won't be on field.
Please help me! You know everything about everything Mad Dog!

Trace’s performance has nothing to do with whether or not you are - indeed - an ass.
That simple concept seems to avoid you..... sonit is probably safe to add the modifier:

“Dumb F^cking Ass” ...... But, obviously :), everyone already knew that

Right so you agree he was awful for three quarters but want me to pretend that didn't happen. Cute.

I'll take a tough winner like McSorley any day over a great passer. The thing is, Trace may have had his share of off games this year but he still was more than just an adequate passer. To call him below average is utterly ridiculous.

A winner? Hmmm...interesting.
He's a below average passer. Finished the regular season at 53%. Constantly late on throws and behind receivers. Watch Haskins right now or Fromm tonight or the title game. See what good passers look like. He's less accurate than Pickett and we all know what this board thinks of Kenny Pickett.

No, the absolutely awful part for three quarters was our collapsing offensive line. McSorley missed some throws but he was constantly harrassed. Will Fries? I've watched him all year and can't believe we don't have someone better.
Agree 100% with your oline coment.A big part of Psu offensive woes are caused by the oline.MAYBE the oline coach is the reason why the line can't pick up a simple twist.No wonder McSorley gets beat up they look slow and are easily confused.They've been confused a for a couple of years too and confusion goes hand in hand with coaching.

Whah?

Ok.... let’s now go with:

“Delusional, Irrational, Dumb-as-a-Bag-of-Hair F^cking Ass”

It's okay to admit he was bad today and this season. You'll feel better but keep adding adjectives to avoid dealing with your emotions.
tenor.gif

No, the absolutely awful part for three quarters was our collapsing offensive line. McSorley missed some throws but he was constantly harrassed. Will Fries? I've watched him all year and can't believe we don't have someone better.
That’s what I saw. I don’t know what they need to do to make this unit work better. But we’re not going anywhere until they do.

Reactions: EPC FAN

Man we have an internet tough guy who is going to go back to junior high tomorrow and tell everyone all about his internet prowess. I look forward to you spending more time in class and less time on your parent’ WiFi.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Trace's bad leg certainly could account for inaccuracy issues at times at a minimum. Pain when trying to push off can skew the throwing motion. The O-line inconsistency issues are another matter entirely and can't be blamed on Trace nor can the play calling which he doesn't do other than the in play option decisions on a momentary basis.

Trace performed as best he could and was part of the renewal of PSU football from what was intended to be the death knell of it by the powers of college football and jealous contemporaries. To him and the rest I'm thankful that you chose State and stuck it out through the lean years to the better times. 2016 alone was so glorious, after the two early loses, so as to warm my heart thinking of that season.

We will never know the inside details of what is going on within the team in good or not so good times. So many speculate with imperfect information. I've wondered about the O-line and its direction for several years. I've heard each season of the improvement but struggle at times to grasp it on game day. Some of that may be scheme but some has to be coaching, missing the same blitzes, stunts, etc. over and over yet when they are picked up, who notices? The missed tackles are maddening. Not wrapping up with the arms, the missile like launch into an opponent only to see them bounce off, lying there watching the opponent continue to run after their futile and incorrect effort failed again. How that continued mystified me but it did. Coaching must correct mistakes and make adjustments. In the "old days" it seemed like that was our forte. At times we did see great adjustments after half time this year but not consistently and when most needed.

I'm not here to condemn the staff or team. We all make mistakes and would like do overs but life goes on. If we were all judged by the same standards would be be found wanting too? I often consider that factor. 2018 is over, bring on 2019! Wrap up a great recruiting season in Feb., have a productive Spring practice to fill the open starting spots, plan to vary our offense, improve all areas and begin the Fall practice refreshed and ready to go, full of optimism and opportunity.

Man we have an internet tough guy who is going to go back to junior high tomorrow and tell everyone all about his internet prowess. I look forward to you spending more time in class and less time on your parent’ WiFi.
Home school.

They are never aggressive. Name the nasty bastard on this line? Name the guy who finishes blocks through the whistle.

A winner? Hmmm...interesting.
He's a below average passer. Finished the regular season at 53%. Constantly late on throws and behind receivers. Watch Haskins right now or Fromm tonight or the title game. See what good passers look like. He's less accurate than Pickett and we all know what this board thinks of Kenny Pickett.
Nobody here is claiming he's a 1st round pick like those two. 53% with at least 20 more drops this year compared to last is 7% alone, putting him at 60%. Hell, Polk was 10 drops on the year, himself. Any pass a receivers gets 2 hands on is a drop, even if they jump or dive. Dotson lost one early anotehr he threw to Tompkins and he never turned around, thats on the WR. Plus a couple of the first quarter ones were just throwing to get rid of it. He was not as good this year, most will agree to that too, but to say he's less accurate than Pickett is absolute idiocy. Pickett cant throw a 10 yd pass.

Nobody here is claiming he's a 1st round pick like those two. 53% with at least 20 more drops this year compared to last is 7% alone, putting him at 60%. Hell, Polk was 10 drops on the year, himself. Any pass a receivers gets 2 hands on is a drop, even if they jump or dive. Dotson lost one early anotehr he threw to Tompkins and he never turned around, thats on the WR. Plus a couple of the first quarter ones were just throwing to get rid of it. He was not as good this year, most will agree to that too, but to say he's less accurate than Pickett is absolute idiocy. Pickett cant throw a 10 yd pass.
He's busy celebrating tOSU win with his mommy right now.

Last edited:
Just walke
He is one tough sumbitch. His linemen should be embarrassed by his toughness and attitude.

Just walked past him not more than 25 mins ago in the lobby after he got out of a car with his Mom. He was walking fine and did not have a boot on.

Reactions: EPC FAN
They are never aggressive. Name the nasty bastard on this line? Name the guy who finishes blocks through the whistle.
Agree. Which is why I wasn’t particularly upset with Parsons “chippy” play including the PF.

Anyone notice a common thread with Trace and Hackenburg in that they both regressed their last year after a significant coaching change?

You guys are ridiculous in what you consider drops. I have no issue with you saying you want Trace on the field but we have to acknowledge he was horrible for three quarters. That's on him. As a fifth year senior he has to be better and truthfully he wasn't good enough his year. Hamilton, Gesicki & Barkley were the reason he's overrated on this board. Hopefully in 3 years we can all look back and have a real discussion about Trace as a QB.

And you'd be on about your 78th name

Otherwise nothing you say has meaning because you're not being objective.

I said I wouldn't complain about losing. I'm not. I don't care that we lost. It has zero impact on the season. We can still assess coaching and play. It doesn't matter but Trace was one of the main reasons we were down by 20. To try to give him props for bringing us back to within 3 without acknowledging how bad he was is insincere.

Please let me know where I said I care that we lost. I don't. Completely irrelevant. Just like Northwestern winning yesterday was and Michigan getting blown out was. Meaningless.

I think this was a strange game and the entire team was not playing at the same level of intensity as Ky for much of the game. In spite of that i think we were ahead in the total yards/stats the ENTIRE game - so even when we were playing poorly.

take the first series - 2 drops and a 9 yd run by TM. then we screw up fake punt (a play normally only an underdog would call). with almost no offense Ky has 3-0.

next series we dont execute the punt well and return for TD. Ky up 10-0 with 1 first down.

we make a couple drives that both end in missed FGs = 1 blocked.

I think at half we had like 180 yds to 80 for Ky. we moved ball with varying things screwing up the team. JF's offense is made for a QB who can run like Trace or Tommy or some of the new guys coming in. It is not built for Kerry Collins type QB (i.e. we saw Hack try it). Trace was not even close to being full strength = looked in worse shape than Maryland game. not sure if the foot thing is new on top of the knee thing, but he is hurt bad. Not having all his mobility makes this offense far less effective. plus getting behind by giving them cheap points made ky more fired up.

TM has played better but also when he was at full strength.

Reactions: BBrown
I think this was a strange game and the entire team was not playing at the same level of intensity as Ky for much of the game. In spite of that i think we were ahead in the total yards/stats the ENTIRE game - so even when we were playing poorly.

take the first series - 2 drops and a 9 yd run by TM. then we screw up fake punt (a play normally only an underdog would call). with almost no offense Ky has 3-0.

next series we dont execute the punt well and return for TD. Ky up 10-0 with 1 first down.

we make a couple drives that both end in missed FGs = 1 blocked.

I think at half we had like 180 yds to 80 for Ky. we moved ball with varying things screwing up the team. JF's offense is made for a QB who can run like Trace or Tommy or some of the new guys coming in. It is not built for Kerry Collins type QB (i.e. we saw Hack try it). Trace was not even close to being full strength = looked in worse shape than Maryland game. not sure if the foot thing is new on top of the knee thing, but he is hurt bad. Not having all his mobility makes this offense far less effective. plus getting behind by giving them cheap points made ky more fired up.

TM has played better but also when he was at full strength.
Just watched Pennlive recap with Flounders & Jones and they mentioned Trace also had a shoulder injury during the year. Perhaps a reason for passes being amiss? Makes sense

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT