ADVERTISEMENT

Tourney on TV

mcpat

Gold Member
Mar 13, 2021
FYI

I recall as an Xfinity customer being able to watch every match last year. I just said “ESPN3” into my voice remote and I could see the by-mat coverage set up for tomorrow. Also, I was able to watch a live basketball game and the NCAA Swimming Championships going on right now on ESPN3. I do NOT have an ESPN Plus membership.

FYI

I recall as an Xfinity customer being able to watch every match last year. I just said “ESPN3” into my voice remote and I could see the by-mat coverage set up for tomorrow. Also, I was able to watch a live basketball game and the NCAA Swimming Championships going on right now on ESPN3. I do NOT have an ESPN Plus membership.
My brother-in-law in GA just did the same thing about the same time. Eerie.

Reactions: mcpat
Believe Sling TV is offering 3 free day trial for anyone who doesn't have a tv subscription. Then I'm hoping I can stream the tournament through espn. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sometimes they ask for your provider's code. Where do you get that and why do they ask for it?

I'm seeing 9 options for tomorrow on ESPN 3 at noon and 9 more for 7pm

Friday has 8 at 11am and 8 at 8pm

Saturday has 5 at 11am and 1 at 7pm

Last edited:
I said ESPN3 into the remote and I get ESPN3. Swimming & Diving is featured Live. I can see the wrestling below but "Upcoming Today" but I can't select anything or navigate around on the page. Am I missing something?

I said ESPN3 into the remote and I get ESPN3. Swimming & Diving is featured Live. I can see the wrestling below but "Upcoming Today" but I can't select anything or navigate around on the page. Am I missing something?
The arrows on the remote for my Samsung let me navigate.

Where can we find which bouts are on which mat? I tried Trackwrestling and couldn't get it. Can anyone give another source for mat assignments?

ESPN3 is not a TV channel. It is a streaming service that carries pretty much everything that ESPN covers and then some. I pay $4.99/month for the service.

Reactions: mhlarch
Where can we find which bouts are on which mat? I tried Trackwrestling and couldn't get it. Can anyone give another source for mat assignments?
Sorry to hear your problem. I didn't have a similar problem. Maybe you want to clear your cache and start at the top of Track, select events, select the tournament, enter the tournament as viewer, and select mat assignments. I was able to log in to free account to select PSU wrestlers so may assignments are highlighted.

Here's the place I started:
www.trackwrestling.com

Reactions: tomsc
Do the quarterfinals and wrestlebacks run simultaneously?

I found this:

• Session 3- Eight Mat Configuration
  • Quarterfinals on middle four mats; Wrestle-Back Second and Third Rounds on outside mats
  • Begins 11 AM Eastern

Last edited:
Reactions: railbirrd
Thanks for your reply. I figured that and have successfully been watching the stream, just confused by the OP statement being able to use the remotes voice commands. Also finding out that while my computer seamlessly handles the stream, my so called SmartTV is so slow and struggles with this large of an event. Typically no problem.

ESPN3 is not a TV channel. It is a streaming service that carries pretty much everything that ESPN covers and then some. I pay $4.99/month for the service.
You get ESPN3 for free as an Xfinity customer. You say “ESPN Three” into your voice remote and it takes you to the app. You can then navigate around using the arrows on the remote to the content you want to watch. You get all 8 mats and matcast thru the app but thru your xfinity box this way.

Reactions: railbirrd
Thanks for your reply. I figured that and have successfully been watching the stream, just confused by the OP statement being able to use the remotes voice commands. Also finding out that while my computer seamlessly handles the stream, my so called SmartTV is so slow and struggles with this large of an event. Typically no problem.
See above post.
see post #18 above

You get ESPN3 for free as an Xfinity customer. You say “ESPN Three” into your voice remote and it takes you to the app. You can then navigate around using the arrows on the remote to the content you want to watch. You get all 8 mats and matcast thru the app but thru your xfinity box this way.
I actually have an ESPN3 subscription plus I have Xfinity and it still DOES NOT WORK. Never had this problem before with ESPN3.

I thought the first session coverage was fine. Then last night ESPN was awful. Barely covered the matches. Most of the telecast was interviews and agenda. Just show the matches. Finally gave up and watched the Matcast stream.

Reactions: Cenosillicaphobia
It doesn't require a cable subscription. That is almost an antiquated term now.
A cable subscription or a streaming subscription that have ESPN family included and you should be fine.
YouTubeTV works just fine, and offer free trial as well.

I thought the first session coverage was fine. Then last night ESPN was awful. Barely covered the matches. Most of the telecast was interviews and agenda. Just show the matches. Finally gave up and watched the Matcast stream.
That might have been the worst coverage I've ever seen. I didn't have the option to watch the different mat streams and was forced to watch the ESPN TV coverage. Showed limited matches, awful interviews, and the matches they did decide to show seemed to be pulled from a hat.

I've certainly watched way more coverage on ESPN3 than what's been shown on TV. If there was no TV coverage for the 1st 2 or 3 rounds I really wouldn't care. Please stop with the ridiculous post-match interviews.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT