ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU Injuries This Year

Random4598375

Jan 10, 2020
Good God have they been hit hard with injuries. All out for the season:

Sasso, Gallagher, Kharchla, and Hoffman

That's tough. I almost feel bad for TanTom. Almost.

Reactions: creamery freak

Ouch. Didn’t realize besides Sasso the other 3 were out for year. Kharchla seems to have been hurt since he can’t to tOSU.

#InjuriesSuck

Shumate also had surgery recently. Not sure what kind or how long he'll be out, but there's not a lot of season left to recover. They were planning to tanshirt Rogotzke, but he might have to go now.

Shumate also had surgery recently. Not sure what kind or how long he'll be out, but there's not a lot of season left to recover. They were planning to tanshirt Rogotzke, but he might have to go now.
Shumate just returned from a minor surgery. He was out a month or so.

Ha ha, except he was Sasso's backup. So now they're down to 3rd string at 157.
Wilcox is honestly still a borderline NQ type, but the difference between Sasso's points and his is ridiculous. I am interested in how they treat Rogotzke and Welsh now, because they both were expecting to RS but are also able to score points at NCAA's right now

Wilcox is honestly still a borderline NQ type, but the difference between Sasso's points and his is ridiculous. I am interested in how they treat Rogotzke and Welsh now, because they both were expecting to RS but are also able to score points at NCAA's right now
Since Shumate came back last weekend, I think that they'll keep Rogotzke in RS, but it looks like Welsh is the man at 174 now. They can try to keep Kharchla healthy again next season to get Rocco a RS year.

Not sure how healthy Hoffman has been for some time, but he wasn't great last season (2022-23) at 197 and has been a shell of himself this season (2023-24) sucked down at 184.

Kharchla has had one injury after another since high school, even before arriving at tOSU. He still has another year of eligibility (COVID year), plus a possible medical redshirt this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if his college career is over at this point.

Gallagher has improved, but still hasn't shown he can consistently hang with the top guys at his weight. Guess there is still time for him.

Sasso is obviously the biggest loss, as. he is a legit title contender. Assuming Sasso is back next season, Brutus could have a pretty nice lineup in 2024-25.

Not sure if this was posted but over the holidays Sasso was in the Valley at a tournament and was introduced. He was walking without any cane or crutches. A little limp.
It was good news from what was reported when he was in his initial recovery.

Not sure if this was posted but over the holidays Sasso was in the Valley at a tournament and was introduced. He was walking without any cane or crutches. A little limp.
It was good news from what was reported when he was in his initial recovery.
That’s awesome news. I hope we see him on the mat next year, but even if not, it sounds like his recovery is going well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT