ADVERTISEMENT

TOM Tan Preview

I think if Martin moves up, then Jordan pretty much has to move up also.
Not attacking you just curious why you think Martin can't hold 74? I have not seen it mentioned anywhere that he had trouble. Everything I hear is Jordan has trouble with 65 so if he moved to then Martin would, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Not attacking you just curious why you think Martin can't hold 84? I have not seen it mentioned anywhere that he had trouble. Everything I hear is Jordan has trouble with 65 so if he moved to then Martin would, not the other way around.
Martin was at 74 last year, he may have had a little trouble there, but shouldn't at 84. But if Jordan is tired of holding 65 and goes to 74, Martin will either have to go to 84 or redshirt.

Martin was at 74 last year, he may have had a little trouble there, but shouldn't at 84. But if Jordan is tired of holding 65 and goes to 74, Martin will either have to go to 84 or redshirt.

Um, Coach Ryan knows he only has a kid like Kyle Snyder for so long. It's go time, can't see him shirting Martin this year

I don't see him shirting either, but it is still possible however unlikely.

Probably have snyder and Nato two more years.. Bo being a senior, and probably a finalist, makes it unlikely that Ryan would hold back on anyone this year in a chance to close the gap.

With the exception of those 3, the other 7 will probably be FR or SO.

I don't see him shirting either, but it is still possible however unlikely.

Probably have snyder and Nato two more years.. Bo being a senior, and probably a finalist, makes it unlikely that Ryan would hold back on anyone this year in a chance to close the gap.

With the exception of those 3, the other 7 will probably be FR or SO.

Bo has two years of eligibility left, same as Snyder and Nato (though Snyder still has a redshirt available to him).

That was a fat finger issue,I meant 74 for Martin. Fixed it.

There was this, I noticed...apparently they have Hayes penciled in for AA at 141 based on his 29-1....".Another fantastic young phenom, Ke-Shawn Hayes looks to have the 141 pound spot on lock down with Micah Jordan moving up to 149. Hayes has the potential to be an All-American right away and was 29-1 in his redshirt campaign, splitting matches with Matt Kolodzik (Princeton). Micah Jordan had a nice freshman year, entering the national tournament as the sixth seed, but lost in the round of 12 to Randy Cruz (Lehigh)."

There was this, I noticed...apparently they have Hayes penciled in for AA at 141 based on his 29-1....".Another fantastic young phenom, Ke-Shawn Hayes looks to have the 141 pound spot on lock down with Micah Jordan moving up to 149. Hayes has the potential to be an All-American right away and was 29-1 in his redshirt campaign, splitting matches with Matt Kolodzik (Princeton). Micah Jordan had a nice freshman year, entering the national tournament as the sixth seed, but lost in the round of 12 to Randy Cruz (Lehigh)."

What I saw of Micah last year was close matches against all other top-20 guys at 141 (he was 4-4, all decisions except the fall over Thorn). Could spell doom when wrestling that many close matches. Maybe the extra weight will help.

And we'll only have one in Gulibon.
Yeah, and we'll add Hall to the line-up.

What I saw of Micah last year was close matches against all other top-20 guys at 141 (he was 4-4, all decisions except the fall over Thorn). Could spell doom when wrestling that many close matches. Maybe the extra weight will help.

Yeah, and we'll add Hall to the line-up.

I have to lean towards agreeing with this: I think Mark is ready, and I think this is a case where Cael and the staff, along with Mark, go ahead and get started. Mark at 174, Bo at 184.

I have to lean towards agreeing with this: I think Mark is ready, and I think this is a case where Cael and the staff, along with Mark, go ahead and get started. Mark at 174, Bo at 184.
21Guns--I could be wrong, but I think Roar was meaning that we only lose 1 senior (Gulibon) AND the next year (2017-18) we add Hall. Roar can correct me if I'm wrong.

Postd by Bob Preusse on the tOSU board yesterday. He seems VERY well connected with the program.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 23, 2016

bookemdano --- The Answer is:

125 Tomo
133 Pletcher or JRod (true frosh Pletcher looks good)
141 Keshawn
149 Micah
157 Jake
165 Kresevic or Burcher
174 Bo
184 Myles
197 Moore
285 Snyder

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Postd by Bob Preusse on the tOSU board yesterday. He seems VERY well connected with the program.

125 Tomo
141 Keshawn
149 Micah
157 Jake
165 Kresevic or Burcher
174 Bo
184 Myles
197 Moore
285 Snyder

Not enough points. The only way it happens is if NaTo pins out and then beats Gilman, and Snyder pins out and then tech falls Coon, they also need Martin to repeat or make finals, and for Micah to somehow take third. Then they need Bo to beat Mark Hall. They can take it down to the wire but I don't see it.

I actually see Iowa in 2nd with the addition of Kemerer and Marinelli, and sorry but until Nato beats Gilman, it isn't happening. Gilman has his number, regardless of what anyone over at the mat says.

Last edited:

125 Tomo
141 Keshawn
149 Micah
157 Jake
165 Kresevic or Burcher
174 Bo
184 Myles
197 Moore
285 Snyder

Nato-Suriano...them.
Pletcher-Cortez...us
Keshawn-Jimmy.....I'm going to say us, go ahead and argue
149-forget it
157-forget it
165......us
174.....If It's Hall, I'm saying us, again, argue if you want, if not, them.
184.....us, 3 out of 4 and the loss was on two missed throws, yes he lost but I say us
197......push
Hwt......them.

Not enough points. The only way it happens is if NaTo pins out and then beats Gilman, and Snyder pins out and then tech falls Coon, they also need Martin to repeat or make finals, and for Micah to somehow take third. Then they need Bo to beat Mark Hall. They can take it down to the wire but I don't see it.

? Doctor Phil could do a better analysis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT