ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Izzo inserts himself in the Michigan tunnel debate

I agree with Tom as well. But my deal is this......not one media person has brought up the fact that JF said it was a problem and JH basically called him a cry baby!
And worse, after flippantly saying he has "bigger fish to fry" he then goes so far as to call Franklin the "ring-leader" of the UM tunnel issues.

And worse, after flippantly saying he has "bigger fish to fry" he then goes so far as to call Franklin the "ring-leader" of the UM tunnel issues.
Don't know what it would mean but if I am the lawyer of one of the kids charged, this would certainly be part of my defense. They were alerted this could be a problem and did nothing.

Don't know what it would mean but if I am the lawyer of one of the kids charged, this would certainly be part of my defense. They were alerted this could be a problem and did nothing.
You know, I was sort of thinking that. Does UM have any culpability here considering there had been instances of violence/or something approaching that in the past. What steps did Michigan take to prevent these situations after it was brought to their attention(surly not only by Franklin over the years). Did they foster a safe environment for their own players?

I agree with Tom as well. But my deal is this......not one media person has brought up the fact that JF said it was a problem and JH basically called him a cry baby!
Agree with this 100%. The problem was brought to UM's attention and UM's response was to do nothing and mock JF. Now, because of UM's lack of attention to a potential repetative volitile situation that they were alerted to just weeks before, Student athletes (UM Players) have been injured and student athletes' lives have been damaged. UM and JH bear partial responsibility and, if personal injury lawsuits are brought against the players, UM and JH should be brought in as a co-defendants.

Great point, but there's no way any of this is going to trial. Six of the seven players were charged with simple misdemeanors. The kid who swung the helmet will cop a plea and get a few hours of community service (if that). In fact, the conference has now suspended him for the first 8 games of 2023.

Meanwhile, here's the "reprimand" aimed at Michigan:

>>The conference has concluded that the University of Michigan did not meet the standards of the Big Ten Conference Football Game Management Manual policy. The policy requires the conference member institution game host to provide adequate protection for personnel of both home and visiting teams when entering and leaving playing arenas.<<

That's actually pretty damning. It yanks the rug right out from under Harbaugh's insulting dismissal of the whole problem after the incident following the Penn State game.

MSU deserves more than what they got. The helmet swinger should be booted from the program. 4 games for the others that ganged up to hit and kick one guy is light. I'm surprised at the UM blaming here. There are many stadiums with one tunnel, and UM has had this for years. Players chirping at each other and minor shoving matches which commonly happen in and around a single tunnel isn't in the same universe as what these MSU players did.

Agree 100% with Tom.
I'm certainly thrilled to hear Tom Izzo weighing in on this. Tom is such a Great Role Model.....I mean look at what a Great Job he did with Draymond Green. No one is more skilled at cheap shots, thuggery, and post incident smooth talking than the Jolly Green Giant. Just further evidence why Tom Izzo has been one of the finest football coaches in the Big Ten for such a long time. (Yes Football). Tackle Basketball = Football.

Agree with this 100%. The problem was brought to UM's attention and UM's response was to do nothing and mock JF. Now, because of UM's lack of attention to a potential repetative volitile situation that they were alerted to just weeks before, Student athletes (UM Players) have been injured and student athletes' lives have been damaged. UM and JH bear partial responsibility and, if personal injury lawsuits are brought against the players, UM and JH should be brought in as a co-defendants.
The UM lawyers didn't think this thing through. They wanted to send a message but they'll probably be blasted in court, if it goes there.

The Illinois game shows the problem starts and ends with Harbaugh. Procedures were put in place to ensure the teams didn’t mix at halftime. Illinois was supposed to come out first after the half, then Michigan. These type of things are timed to the minute. Illinois comes out at their allotted time, only to find UM is coming out of their locker room way early. Illinois has to go back in and the start of the second half has to be delayed.

Harbaugh is using the tunnel as a gamesmanship tool to take teams off their game. Trash talking at the OSU / PSU games, then the passive aggressive shenanigans against Illinois.

So your defense is "please, somebody stop me" ??

The Illinois game shows the problem starts and ends with Harbaugh. Procedures were put in place to ensure the teams didn’t mix at halftime. Illinois was supposed to come out first after the half, then Michigan. These type of things are timed to the minute. Illinois comes out at their allotted time, only to find UM is coming out of their locker room way early. Illinois has to go back in and the start of the second half has to be delayed.

Harbaugh is using the tunnel as a gamesmanship tool to take teams off their game. Trash talking at the OSU / PSU games, then the passive aggressive shenanigans against Illinois.
Apropos of nothing, but I used the word shenanigans yesterday and had to look up its origin. Fun word to say.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread…

Apropos of nothing, but I used the word shenanigans yesterday and had to look up its origin. Fun word to say.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread…
Super Troopers Shut Up GIF by Searchlight Pictures

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT