ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman identified as tipster for McMurphy in Ohio State Smith case

Money trail will only hurt if it leads to something that implicates Meyer. Otherwise, it's more of the same shady stuff that continues to pop up and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. He's not Saint Urban; don't think many thought so before this started.
I think the money is important because it goes to the issue of what people within the OSU program knew about Smith. This is not a case where there was one incident and we debate how it was handled. Rather, it is about an ugly situation that seemed to have gone on from 2009-2018. Meyer and his supporters seem to argue this is not really true, there were just two isolated incidents. The money from the Herman's was paid for what purpose? I think as that issue is explored a whole can of worms is opened.

If the guy beat his wife? Which has been confirmed by police and text messages. Does it matter how this story was broke or what the motivation was? Take this piece of trash to the curb is all I care about.

I think the money is important because it goes to the issue of what people within the OSU program knew about Smith. This is not a case where there was one incident and we debate how it was handled. Rather, it is about an ugly situation that seemed to have gone on from 2009-2018. Meyer and his supporters seem to argue this is not really true, there were just two isolated incidents. The money from the Herman's was paid for what purpose? I think as that issue is explored a whole can of worms is opened.

Money is very important, but without an implication or a direct tie to Meyer it's just fodder for negative recruiting. It's being slow burned, that is for sure. Then again, when people start snooping, some would rather speak up when given the chance and control the narrative.

From the beginning, Urban didn't seem to expect this to gain any traction. His initial response, his lawyer written sorry, not sorry... Not business as usual.

Very good read.

Different money trail when an at the time, on the staff assistant is the one paying it out to another assistant's wife.

If the guy beat his wife? Which has been confirmed by police and text messages. Does it matter how this story was broke or what the motivation was? Take this piece of trash to the curb is all I care about.

I was going to post the same thing! Who gives a crap how the story broke. Coach repeatedly beat his wife. Coach hired and kept on staff despite knowledge of beatings. All of this ‘Tom Hermann leaked’ is pure noise and irrelevant to the job-harboring of a pregnant wife abuser. Nice try at deflection Buckeye PR Dept Death Star

Tom Herman wasn't the source, i wonder if Tom's herman's wife is the source.
better source...from someone that is living in Columbus and has 'friends' of 'Friends'

Ed Warinner was hired as Michigan's offensive line coach on March 8, 2018. Warriner brings 30 years of college coaching experience with him, including the last 20 seasons working on the offensive side of the ball. He has worked especially closely with the offensive line, spending 16 of his last 20 seasons mentoring that position group.

Warinner spent the 2017 season as the offensive line coach and run game coordinator at the University of Minnesota, where he worked with a rushing attack that saw five backs combine for 2,153 yards, led by Rodney Smith's 977. Three of the backs averaged better than 4.5 yards per carry and more than 60 percent of the team's first downs came on the ground. Minnesota finished third in the Big Ten in rushing offense.

Prior to his season with the Golden Gophers, Warinner coached five years at Ohio State (2012-16). His first three seasons were spent as offensive line coach and co-offensive coordinator before he was elevated to offensive coordinator in 2015. Warinner was part of the Buckeye staffs that led the team to the 2014 National Championship, a 2015 Fiesta Bowl victory over Notre Dame and the 2016 College Football Playoffs.

https://mgoblue.com/staff.aspx?staff=3719&path=football

Think about it, why would Herman want to burn a bridge? Now this guy got run out of town, and word is, he has shopped this story for a few years.
The other thing my source says is the women is double bat shiat crazy and that some of the texts that Zach sent (and are out in public) were at a time he would have been coaching a game (Minnesota)
We will see....

The other thing my source says is the women is double bat shiat crazy and that some of the texts that Zach sent (and are out in public) were at a time he would have been coaching a game (Minnesota)
We will see....

Some people text during games...;);):eek:
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
better source...from someone that is living in Columbus and has 'friends' of 'Friends'

Ed Warinner was hired as Michigan's offensive line coach on March 8, 2018. Warriner brings 30 years of college coaching experience with him, including the last 20 seasons working on the offensive side of the ball. He has worked especially closely with the offensive line, spending 16 of his last 20 seasons mentoring that position group.

Warinner spent the 2017 season as the offensive line coach and run game coordinator at the University of Minnesota, where he worked with a rushing attack that saw five backs combine for 2,153 yards, led by Rodney Smith's 977. Three of the backs averaged better than 4.5 yards per carry and more than 60 percent of the team's first downs came on the ground. Minnesota finished third in the Big Ten in rushing offense.

Prior to his season with the Golden Gophers, Warinner coached five years at Ohio State (2012-16). His first three seasons were spent as offensive line coach and co-offensive coordinator before he was elevated to offensive coordinator in 2015. Warinner was part of the Buckeye staffs that led the team to the 2014 National Championship, a 2015 Fiesta Bowl victory over Notre Dame and the 2016 College Football Playoffs.

Think about it, why would Herman want to burn a bridge? Now this guy got run out of town, and word is, he has shopped this story for a few years.
We will see....
so are you in the Zach Smith was unjustly fired camp?

We will see....
Just because it was during a game doesn’t mean he didn’t send them.

Does it matter? He could have sent them during a game.
and he might not have but why should we accept the word of a poster's unnamed source? In that case, maybe I have a source that says the opposite? We can all just claim unnamed sources and drop bombshells on the case. Maybe some other poster's source claims Meyer didn't just cheat on his wife but also was physically abusing her? What's your unnamed source say?

so are you in the Zach Smith was unjustly fired camp?
I am in the Duke Lacrosse camp. I would rather withhold judgement until all sides are heard from, so far we have basically heard her side. So lets see how this plays out.

Reactions: Zenophile
and he might not have but why should we accept the word of a poster's unnamed source? In that case, maybe I have a source that says the opposite? We can all just claim unnamed sources and drop bombshells on the case. Maybe some other poster's source claims Meyer didn't just cheat on his wife but also was physically abusing her? What's your unnamed source say?
I don't want you to accept the word of anyone, I just relating a story I heard at lunch from someone pretty well plugged into to the OSU scene. thats all.

I am in the Duke Lacrosse camp. I would rather withhold judgement until all sides are heard from, so far we have basically heard her side. So lets see how this plays out.
How many times were the police called on the Duke Lacrosse players prior to the incident? How many text messages did we see from the players prior to the arrests?

I am not so sure that firing some one who has not been charged based on suspicion only is as easy as people on this board make it seem. If there are any employment lawyers on this board I would love to hear their take on this. I do know that more than one client of mine has been warned by their lawyers to be real careful about firing based on suspicion only in that they are inviting a wrongful discharge lawsuit which can be a very expensive proposition even if you win.

Well, we have heard from Urban Meyer as well. He lied, then followed it up with a finger pointing, non-apology for lying. Maybe not completely germane to what you are speaking of but fun to point out nonetheless.

Reactions: Lyons212
I am not so sure that firing some one who has not been charged based on suspicion only is as easy as people on this board make it seem. If there are any employment lawyers on this board I would love to hear their take on this. I do know that more than one client of mine has been warned by their lawyers to be real careful about firing based on suspicion only in that they are inviting a wrongful discharge lawsuit which can be a very expensive proposition even if you win.

It's in the coaches contracts that charges aren't necessary for dismissal.

"Commission of or participation in by Coach of any act, situation, or occurrence which, in Ohio State's judgment, brings Coach and/or Ohio State into public disrepute, embarrassment, contempt, scandal or ridicule or failure by Coach to conform Coach's personal conduct to conventional and contemporary standards of good citizenship, with such conduct offending prevailing social mores and values and/or reflecting unfavorably upon Ohio State's reputation and overall primary mission and objectives, including but not limited to, acts of dishonesty, misrepresentation, fraud or violence that may or may not warrant criminal prosecution by the relevant authorities."

How many times were the police called on the Duke Lacrosse players prior to the incident? How many text messages did we see from the players prior to the arrests?
Bad example. The Duke lacrosse team averaged about one arrest per player on the team. Granted, the arrests were stupid things such as underage drinking, public intoxication, generally stupid stuff like that, no felonies. The head lacrosse coach also met at least once with the AD and school president regarding the poor behavior and attitude of the lacrosse team, those factors made the story believable.

What was done to them was horrible. Nyfong got off way too easy, should have been significant jail time and some professors and administrators at Duke should have lost their jobs over their horrible treatment of the players.

I really believe this technical charged, not charged, police report had checked arrested then years later it was changed, text this and that detail, etc. is missing the mark. The big picture and public perception is what matters.

The real determinant is that you have an extremely public figure who has now lost all credibility. It really only matters now that Meyer lied incessently, rehired someone that he knew had spouse abuse accusations, promoted him, and then the entire university remained hushed and did not act until 2018 when the alleged spouse abuser coach had a DUI and multiple police involved domestic incidents in 2015.

Looking at who else Meyer hired, they all seem to have considerable baggage. So much so for Schiano that Tennessee recently publically and embarassingly rejected him. So much so for Kevin Wilson that Indiana had to fire him for abusing his own players.

Add in Ohio St looking the other way for hundreds of other sexually abused student athletes in wrestling and diving. Add in Meyer's two time assistant Durkin taking abusive culture to a very dangerous level at Maryland. Add in Meyer's very well known cheating on his wife with basically children about the same age as his own at UF. Meyer and Ohio St have no remaining credibility.

The only way it can be restored is complete cleaning house. That means the AD, Meyer, Schiano, Wilson, and anyone at Ohio St that looked the other way as their own student athletes were being abused for decades.

Otherwise, you are left with a staff and student body that knows that they are systematically permitted to be abused. You are left with a public that knows via data point after data point that those in positions of power who covered up abuse continue to run the show at Ohio St and probably have covered up other abuses or will certainly do so in the future.

The decision is not about technicalities in Zach Smith's eventual firing. It is about the big picture culture and perception of culture at Ohio St where pervasive physical and sexual abuse is not just permitted, but no one even seems to care. As an organization, you either boldly stamp that out and clean house, or you have just told the public that your organization will harbor abusers and no student or spouse is safe.

Bad example. The Duke lacrosse team averaged about one arrest per player on the team. Granted, the arrests were stupid things such as underage drinking, public intoxication, generally stupid stuff like that, no felonies. The head lacrosse coach also met at least once with the AD and school president regarding the poor behavior and attitude of the lacrosse team, those factors made the story believable.

What was done to them was horrible. Nyfong got off way too easy, should have been significant jail time and some professors and administrators at Duke should have lost their jobs over their horrible treatment of the players.
But my point was how many texts and arrests were there that tied them to that particular incident. It’s not as if Zach Smith has no prior hints of spousal abuse. Not to mention we have seen texts that at a minimum hint at his guilt, so the post I was responding to that used the Lacrosse case was using a really poor example.

McMurphy showed today he has more texts from parties involved in this sordid matter. I would be shocked if he doesnt have more potential bombshells to drop. He starts his new job at Stadium this week and could make a huge splash with more news.

I would also think investigate reporters from major news outlets are hard at work trying to dig up new details on the scandal.

You would think that, but then you have to ask yourself, why didn't a single one work AT ALL to dig up a single detail regarding PSU and JVP?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT