ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman identified as tipster for McMurphy in Ohio State Smith case

Well who knows who the source is but if Herman and hid wife helped pay Courtney's legal bills it sure sounds like they KNEW something was going on between the two as Courtney alleges.

He was on the staff previously. I'm sure his wife was in the group text. I'm sure he knows something.

Joe's been dead for 6 years but eventually some media moron will say "Joe Paterno knew".

I'm merely lending credential to what is possible and probable. Somebody out there thought this up, threw it out there, and it's been run with to make it's way here.

A little late on Joe. Plenty said he knew.

38875523_2059418914082162_7184003586257321984_o.jpg

"Looser."

Tom Herman being the source ---- that is obvious bull kaka, to the 1000000000th degree.

Some of the "Buckeye Mafia" (and Jeff Snook can be fairly characterized as a part of the "Buckeye Mafia", I lived in Ohio and he's a well-known Buckeye slappy) are pulling out all the stops to defend their man Urban.

Last edited:
Reactions: Connorpozlee
Tom Herman being the source ---- that is obvious bull kaka, to the 1000000000th degree.

Some of the "Buckeye Mafia" (and Jeff Snook can be fairly characterized as a part of the "Buckeye Mafia", I lived in Ohio and he's a well-known Buckeye slappy) are pulling out all the stops to defend their man Urban.
Buckeye Nation is like a fire ant nest after it’s been kicked right now. They’re all maniacally scurrying to and fro trying to find someone to bite

IMHO the big news here is that Herman and his wife gave money to Courtney Smith in 2017. That is very strong circumstantial evidence that she was being abused. When people ask why a woman who is being abused would stay in the marriage, perhaps the most compelling reason why is because they are financially dependent on the abuser. The Herman's didn't give that money to her for no reason.
Also, Herman may not be a source in McMurphy's report, but that's not to say they did not share details with an intermediary who in turn shared it with McMurphy. That gives McMurphy credible information from someone who was in the know, but it also gives Herman the ability to truthfully state he never spoke with McMurphy.
Also, I can't cite specifics, but last season Urban took a veiled shot at Herman after Texas lost to Maryland; it had something to do with a comment Herman made in his pot-game presser. I recall being very surprised Urban would take a shot at his former assistant and I am sure Herman did not forget about it.

Sounds like the Patriot News is trying to start some crap to deflect from Ohio St. They say he lied in the headline but then go on to explain something different. What kind of reporting is that?

LOL! Get serious. Have you been living in a cocoon since Nov. 2016.

What a s&#t show this is turning out to be. This is a time bomb just waiting to blow. I wonder if OSU Has any idea how bad this could turn out if they keep Urban.

You are correct. There is no argument. Your position that Joe knew is patently false. No argument to be had.

And it's Mr. Toughie to you.

It's not my position. Thank you for your incorrect assumption. Would you like to try again?

I will predict OSU’s self-imposed two week deadline is going to be extended. This story has so many layers and it seems to me the worst thing that could happen for OSU would be to reinstate Meyer and then in Oct or Nov have to suspend him due to new information. IMO the payment from the Herman’s is going to be very important in terms of who knew what.

I will predict OSU’s self-imposed two week deadline is going to be extended. This story has so many layers and it seems to me the worst thing that could happen for OSU would be to reinstate Meyer and then in Oct or Nov have to suspend him due to new information. IMO the payment from the Herman’s is going to be very important in terms of who knew what.

Don’t we already know that all the coaches knew what was going on in 2015, at the least?

McMurphy showed today he has more texts from parties involved in this sordid matter. I would be shocked if he doesnt have more potential bombshells to drop. He starts his new job at Stadium this week and could make a huge splash with more news.

I would also think investigate reporters from major news outlets are hard at work trying to dig up new details on the scandal.

Reactions: DandyDonII

I would also think investigate reporters from major news outlets are hard at work trying to dig up new details on the scandal.

Money trail will only hurt if it leads to something that implicates Meyer. Otherwise, it's more of the same shady stuff that continues to pop up and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. He's not Saint Urban; don't think many thought so before this started.

ADVERTISEMENT