ADVERTISEMENT

Today, or yesterday, depending on where you live, I lost my faithful friend and companion of 15

Damn Glov, I’m sorry to hear that. I went over 30 years between dogs, and now don’t know what I was thinking waiting so long...pure love!!

My pup just turned 3 yesterday...his chin rests on my lap as I type this and my heart breaks for you. Tomorrow, when we go for our walk, we shall do so in Gold Rush’s honor.

God bless.

Damn Glov, I’m sorry to hear that. I went over 30 years between dogs, and now don’t know what I was thinking waiting so long...pure love!!

My pup just turned 3 yesterday...his chin rests on my lap as I type this and my heart breaks for you. Tomorrow, when we go for our walk, we shall do so in Gold Rush’s honor.

God bless.

Thank you!

What a wonderful tribute.

years.

He gave me unconditional love and loved everyone he came in contact with.

He was the type of friend who always came around wagging his tail and wanting to play and show affection.

His name was "Gold Rush" and he was a Golden Retriever.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.
GLOV, we've never met, but your postings here tell me you are a good man. I have no doubt Gold Rush was fortunate to have you as his companion and friend. I am sorry for your loss.

years.

He was the type of friend who always came around wagging his tail and wanting to play and show affection.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.
Deeply sorry for your loss. Gold Rush was also the name of my male Husky's father. We will howl at the next full moon in Gold Rush's honor.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.

So sorry to hear this GLOV. 15 years is a great run and the two of you were certainly both fortunate to have each other. Take solace in knowing what a great life you gave him.

Sorry to hear that, Glov. Our family lost our Giant Schnauzer at age 14 a year ago. The mourning period is over, however. We're gonna get a new dog. Different breed, but not sure which. Just went to the Golden Gate Kennel Club Dog Show to look at various breeds.
I'm guessing you will be in that same space in the not too distant future.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I lost my pug Havok, who is pictured to the left, a year and half ago. I still haven't gotten over it. I feel your pain. My wife wants to get another dog. I have thought about another Pug...they are so much fun.....or a Golden. Losing them however breaks my heart. Just know that as much fun and love Gold Rush gave you, you gave it back to him in kind.

I have a 4 year old golden. Dogs in general are the most loving animals and Golden’s are even more loving than most breeds. The only bad thing about dogs is that their life span is shorter than ours.

Sorry for your loss

GLOV - I’m so very very sorry. Every Golden I’ve ever met always has looked like they’re always smiling.....and I’m sure Gold Rush was smiling because he was fortunate enough to be with you.

It’s never easy. I had to put my Bailey down on Valentine’s Day three years ago next week. That holiday will haunt me the rest of my life.....but I eventually found out my Fonzie was born 48 hours later.

I’m sure you had that special relationship with Gold Rush that I had with Bailey.....and pray you can find your Fonzie sometime in the not too distant future.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.

Condolences GLOV.

As I’m sure you have I’ve been thru a lot in my life, and I can honestly say putting mine down as she lay in my arms was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I promise you that while the absence never goes away, it gets easier, and you’ll focus on the all the great memories.

Cheers.

I had to put my golden down too. That was a very sad day. They are wonderful dogs and great with people. He was a member of the family. The ever present dog hair was another story ... !

I lost my pug Havok, who is pictured to the left, a year and half ago. I still haven't gotten over it. I feel your pain. My wife wants to get another dog. I have thought about another Pug...they are so much fun.....or a Golden. Losing them however breaks my heart. Just know that as much fun and love Gold Rush gave you, you gave it back to him in kind.

"Havoc" great name.

My dog, Murphy (my pic), is snoring beside me as I type this. I suppose "non dog people" just won't understand. Goldens in particular are a beautiful breed- amazingly sweet, friendly and loyal. He was lucky to have you.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.
That's quite a long life for a Golden. He must have been a happy dog.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.
Very sorry to read about the loss of your dog. Lost my best friend two years ago and I still think about him almost every day. I knew it would be tough when he went but it was even worse than I thought. No better representative of pure love than a dog. Best wishes.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.

All the best to you, my man.

Gold Rush was as lucky to have you, as you were to have had him.

Hang in there.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.
Much symphony. I've had to put one down, and it was a very bad day. My current one seems very healthy right now, but I dread that day. No matter what I/we do, he is always ready to come with us!! So much joy!

I've had to take three dogs to the vet over the years to be put down. It never gets any easier. Have taken off work the next day to grieve. Have a three year old Chocolate Lab and a ten year old Rat Terrior.

Sorry for your loss.

God bless you my man. I'm sure you'll visit his spot often. I pray you find some comfort and continue to cherish the memories you and Gold Rush shared together. I bet he's bragging about you as we speak...

Glov it is apparent to me that you are highly thought of and loved by many who post on this board. Gold Rush in a sense was also a McAndrew Board poster , when you take into account how many hours Gold Rush must of spent laying by your side as you created your next post to share with us. What a team you two must of made! I truly feel your pain Glov. I ask for God to bless you, your family, and a friend called GOLD RUSH.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.
Very sad to hear. I hope he lived a good, full life. 15 years is pretty impressive for a Golden.

years.

I will miss him dearly.

He was a great dog.
Feel for you and your family.Dogs are special critters and they become family.Sorry for your loss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT